Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Calendar Snooze Duration Selection patch.

Summary
    Adds a drop down selection for the snooze duration of reminder notifications. The default snooze can be set under the calander preferences.

In addition there are options to disable the "Snoozed for xx banner" that is displayed after you snooze the reminder and an option to not display the reminder icon in the dashboard after snoozeing a reminder.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download
    calendar-snooze-duration.patch

For v1.4.1, v1.4.2 and 1.4.3 - calendar-snooze-duration_1_4_1-3.patch

Beta
    - None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    - International support

Known Issues
    None

Change Log
    08-18-10 v1.4.5-??
    - Resolve issue with At Start Time

08-13-10 v1.4.5-??
    - Removed the at start reminder when snoozed.
    - Optionally disable the Snoozed For Banner. Default is to disable it.
    - Optionally disable the Dashboard Icon. Default is to disable it.
    - The options can be set from the Calendar preferences dialog.
    - Resolve bug that was causing the notification repeat patch to not work.

08-10-10 v1.4.5-??
    - Updated for v1.4.5.

06-05-10 v1.4.1-??
    - Resolved calendar app not working with the patch installed after the 1.4.1.1 update.

04-10-10 v1.4.1-6
    - Updated for v1.4.1.1.
    - Added default of 15 minutes before if no preference is set.
    - Fixed missing closing > in preference view.

03-29-10 v1.4.0-??
    - Resolve conflict with more reminders patch.

03-21-10 v1.4.0-32
    - Disable auto-close for reminders, we want to know what we missed too.
    - Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options.
    - Added support for snoozed reminders to survive a reboot.
    - Swiping a reminder off the dashboard no longer dismisses the reminder. You must select dismiss when the reminder
    goes off. If you want to dismiss it prior to that click on the reminder in the dashboard, this will bring the reminder dialog back up.
    - Added support for user defined default snooze value.
    - Found in preferences.
    - If the user defined default snooze value would set a snooze time that has passed the next valid snooze option is used.

03-12-10 v1.4.0-30
    - Fixed preferences menu font color.

03-09-10 v1.4.0-29
    - Fix for duration list selector for 1.4
    - Scrolling now works in 1.4 so I enabled all duration options
    - Added 5,10,15,30 Minutes before start options
    - Changed default snooze to 15 Minutes before start
    - Support for landscape mode
    - Changed the duration options font color to black

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 08/18/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Lclarkjr,

I can't seem to find this patch in either Preware or WOQI. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Lclarkjr,

I can't seem to find this patch in either Preware or WOQI. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    I have submitted the updates to the Patches Repository just tonight so it may take a couple days for them to show up in the installers. You can use WebOS Quick Install to install the patch from this thread in the mean time.
    I really like this patch is there a way change the font color to black?
    nice work! is it possible to add the option to snooze 5 minutes before a meeting starts?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I really like this patch is there a way change the font color to black?
    Sure, i will add it to my todo list.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    nice work! is it possible to add the option to snooze 5 minutes before a meeting starts?
    Sure, i actually originally intended to add this one but got sidetracked by the fact that i cant the scrolling to work.
    not working for me on german gsm 1.3.5.2. It's just giving me an empty area where snoozetime should be read. Perhaps similar problems like othe language specific patch problems.
  9.    #9  
    For those who have requested I have added a donate button to the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    not working for me on german gsm 1.3.5.2. It's just giving me an empty area where snoozetime should be read. Perhaps similar problems like othe language specific patch problems.
    is it possible to fix this problem with other languages, because i can't set the snoozetime (see screenshot) it always reminds after 30min.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is it possible to fix this problem with other languages, because i can't set the snoozetime (see screenshot) it always reminds after 30min.
    I believe so. I will look into it, I think i just need to update a file for each of the languages.
    I second the suggestion on adding the option for 5 minutes before and making it the default. Better yet being able to select a default snooze. If the scroll is a problem for adding this option removing the two hour and 2 day (can only see part of that one) would be fine. The other request to make the text black would help readability too.

Great patch one that should be apart of the basic calendar by default.
    Thanks for starting this up. The ability to select snooze duration was one of my favorite features on pimlicals datebk program for the treo. I downloaded and played with this for a while, but the scroll limitation makes it not so useful to me, so I've uninstalled the patch and now just do 5min at a time.
    What made datebk so great is that you could not only select the snooze duration from the time of the alarm, but also before the start or end of the appointment (see a couple screen shots of the version 5 datebk)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    After installing the newest update for this patch for 1.4, it isn't working correctly. Instead of getting the selections on the right side with the gray background, they are on the left with no background. Fairly unusable. I'll post a screenshot when I have some time tomorrow.
    Any chance the patch creator will be updating this patch for 1.4? I really can't stand these 5 minute snoozes....
  16.    #16  
    I just submitted an update should be available soon.

- Fix for duration list selector for 1.4
    - Scrolling now works in 1.4 so I enabled all duration options
    - Added 5,10,15,30 Minutes before start options
    - Changed default snooze to 15 Minutes before start
    - Support for landscape mode
    - Changed the duration options font color to black
    Very nice...It sounds really great...Thanks for the effort!

That's great news! Thanks Lclarkjr for your efforts - can't wait to try it out!
    @Lclarkjr:

any chance you could post the updated patch above so I can download it now and apply it using WOQI? I am very anxious to get this up and running again....
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    @Lclarkjr:

any chance you could post the updated patch above so I can download it now and apply it using WOQI? I am very anxious to get this up and running again....
    same here... this is a must have! thank you Lclarkjr!
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast