Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i'm not familiar with either but i'll look at some info here on this forum
    xanth, I used preware to try to install the patch...i've tried to uninstall but also get an ipkg error message
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abelprecentral View Post
    i'm not familiar with either but i'll look at some info here on this forum
    You can read about and download WebOS QuickInstall from here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v3-1-a.html.

You can read about and download WebOS Repair Utility from here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html.

Post back if you need help with either. I would suggest trying WebOS QuickInstall first. The Repair Utility should definitely do the job, but QuickInstall might be quicker if it'll work.
    I ran the quick install but my device isn't being detected.....UGH
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I ran the quick install but my device isn't being detected.....UGH
    The typical cause of that is forgetting to put the phone in developer mode first. Did you remember to do that first?
    yes...i did the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart.....not sure what to do next
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    It's working fine for me now! Wish it would update in Preware so I don't have it hanging as an install outside of there, but oh well.. still waiting for that so that I can uninstall and reinstall with Preware.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    yes...i did the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart.....not sure what to do next
    I just replied to your PM, and we can continue trying to troubleshoot if/when you'd like. For now, FYI, after you bring up the developer mode screen (which should have popped up after entering the code), all you have to do to activate developer mode is touch the switch in the upper right corner to switch developer mode from off to on. The phone will then reboot, and you'll be in developer mode, and then WebOS QuickInstall should work just fine from there.
    i can't get my computer to detect my phone....i give up for now...i shouldn't be this hard. I don't understand why the snooze is standard 5mins only. Palm should give more options on the snooze. Big flaw in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i can't get my computer to detect my phone....i give up for now...i shouldn't be this hard. I don't understand why the snooze is standard 5mins only. Palm should give more options on the snooze. Big flaw in my opinion.
    In WebOS QuickInstall, try to go to the file menu, click options, and reinstall Novacom drivers. as long as you've done the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and gotten into the developer mode and turned it on, that should be the only other thing. Also, are you using the OEM cable or an aftermarket cable? I've noticed with aftermarket cables, they don't often transfer data, but will charge the phone.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    After downloading Snooze Duration Selection v1.4.1-3 from the OP and installing with WOSQI my transparent problems went away.

When Calendar-Snooze-Duration v 1.4.1-1 showed up yesterday in Preware Alpha, I uninstalled the former and installed the later thru Preware Alpha.

The transparent problems returned.

Removed Calendar-Snooze-Duration with Preware Alpha installed Snooze Duration Selection with WOSQI and back in business.

Was an old version of Calendar-Snooze-Duration added to Preware?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    This was updated in Preware and I can confirm the transparency issue has been resolved.
    I second that.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    This was updated in Preware and I can confirm the transparency issue has been resolved.
    Humm, this is a mystery.

More study required.

What was your update sequence?
    Tom
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Humm, this is a mystery.

More study required.

What was your update sequence?
    Did you restart after removing the patch you installed via WebOS QuickInstall and before installing the updated patch via Preware Alpha? I'm not sure if that's needed or not, but I would think it is since the "WebOS QuickInstall version" will continue to be displayed in your list of available patches, even after uninstall, until you restart the phone. I did restart after removal and before re-installation, and I had no problems at all, although I used (original) Preware, and not Preware Alpha. Try the restart between removal and Preware Alpha re-install, and see if that does the trick. Otherwise, perhaps it's an issue with how Preware Alpha is installing and should be directed to Rod and team...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    yesterday's update re-introduced the transparent snooze time bug for me too making it unusable. VZW 1.4.0-37 Preware

Gonna try and install with QI
    Last edited by MiDoJo; 04/19/2010 at 09:19 PM.
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    yesterday's update re-introduced the transparent snooze time bug makeing it unusable 1.4.0-37
    The latest in Preware should show 1.4.1-6. You may need to update your feeds.
  18. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    yesterday's update re-introduced the transparent snooze time bug makeing it unusable 1.4.0-37
    Some of us have installed the update successfully without the transparency issue occurring again (see prior posts). I'm wondering if it doesn't have to do with how those with issues installed it since not all of us are having this issue. It might help us debug this issue if you can provide step by step instructions on how you installed it, with details such as if you had a "Preware" version installed when you installed the update, what version of WebOS/Preware/WebOS/QuickInstall you are using, etc.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The latest in Preware should show 1.4.1-6. You may need to update your feeds.
    as I said, I have vzw still running 1.4.0 thus can't get 1.4.1-6
    1.4.0. -37 (the one I reported about) is what is still available. -36 workked fine
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Today I got Snooze Duration Selection v1.4.1-6 and its working fine.

Somehow I got v1.4.1-3 last time. Wonder if we had a backup server online for a period.

Good to go now.
    Tom
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast