Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Just for reference...You can always check the link below to see the activity on the patches feed.

modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Lclarkjr - Preware indicated a new upload to the server of your patch this morning, but it's still giving the same error. That being said, it looks like every patch was re-uploaded to their server today, so maybe they just re-uploaded all of them for some reason, and re-uploaded the old version of this patch rather than the new update you submitted? The version in Preware now is version 1.4.1.1-1. I don't remember if this was the same version number I was having trouble with before or not. I'm working just fine with the version you posted on the first page of this thread, but I did want to give you a heads-up that the version they uploaded this morning of your patch is still giving the same issue. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to your latest submission yet, but, in case this is the new version, it's still presenting a problem.
    They had a server motherboard dye today so the apparent update may be the result of switching to a new server but I will verify. Thankyou for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm also having the issue with the invisible background.
    Also, even when I do snooze it for a specific period, it still is only snoozing for 5 minutes.
    I just removed it- at least until the next update.
    I am having an issue with the drop down list of snooze durations. This list has a transparent background (with black font) and is on the left instead of on the right. This is a change since OS1.4.1.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still an issue. It is very difficult to see.

Problem on previous thread is resolved by going into Calendar preferences and setting a default snooze time. A default could be set as part of the patch installation so users would not start with a blank default.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Just updated to V 1.4.1-3.

Still getting "Snooze Duration undefined" and transparent background.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Wow, you did it! The update of this patch now allows it to be installed along with the 'More Reminder Alarm Times' patch. You are great, Man. This community of programmers, of which you are an important part, is simply amazing. It's this community and the programming flexibility that continue to keep WebOs attractive despite being lost within the ever-increasing shadow of Android. Thanks again. You are doing a great job!
    I just installed this patch v 1.4.1-3. I also have the 'More Reminder Alarm Times' patch installed. This patch works, however as other users have reported the background is transparent with a black font and is very hard to read. Would certainly appreciate something to make the selections more readable. Thank you for your efforts.
  8.    #108  
    So it looks like with this update they removed all older versions of the framework. Previously they had been leaving the previous version on the phone. This is what is causing the transparent list.

I need to look at the undefined issue and then i will post an update. Should have it ready tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    So it looks like with this update they removed all older versions of the framework. Previously they had been leaving the previous version on the phone. This is what is causing the transparent list.

I need to look at the undefined issue and then i will post an update. Should have it ready tomorrow night.
    I have the same problem as TomD. Thanks for looking into this, Lclarkjr!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm still amazed that something like this hasn't been incorporated into one of the WebOS updates. Seriously, what use is a snooze button that only snoozes for 5min for every event?
    Hi, great patch. Just installed it, but having an issue. Screen print is attached.
    When the alert pops up and I tap the snooze duration button, the list does not display properly and I only only see text where the list overlays the Dismiss button.
    Should I then tap the Snooze button, althought my default snooze time is 10 mins, it sets it to 15 mins, so presumably the scroll list is covering the Snooze button, but I can't see it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osullivanj View Post
    Hi, great patch. Just installed it, but having an issue. Screen print is attached.
    When the alert pops up and I tap the snooze duration button, the list does not display properly and I only only see text where the list overlays the Dismiss button.
    Should I then tap the Snooze button, althought my default snooze time is 10 mins, it sets it to 15 mins, so presumably the scroll list is covering the Snooze button, but I can't see it?
    This is a known issue. Check out the post (http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...48#post2365094) a couple above yours.
  13.    #113  
    Hang in there folks. I hope to have time to get this fixed tonight. My kids are on spring break so i have been trying to spend some time with them. Plus I just got a new laptop that I have had to spend some time getting setup.
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Hang in there folks. I hope to have time to get this fixed tonight. My kids are on spring break so i have been trying to spend some time with them. Plus I just got a new laptop that I have had to spend some time getting setup.
    So far as I'm concerned, while I can't wait for the updated patch, you have your priorities perfect (family first), particularly for something like this that you've donated your time on. Keep up the great work when you have the time
    Good for you!...Enjoy yourself!!

I'll confirm changing the framework from 330 to 338 fixed the issue with the transparent list.

I just wanna say thanks to you guys who do this stuff because I would not even own this phone if it weren't for some of the things you guys fix. Also, it just makes the whole phone even more exciting. Thanks again! With the things that you guys do, I think WebOS is the best phone OS out there and hope it succeeds. I will always try to donate a little bit of money whenever I see a link to. I am usually not able to do a lot because I'm on disability. Also, I am pretty technical (MCSE 2000 and 2k3) but I have not gotten much into linux. I usually like challenging things, but it's just a whole new world. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is with not working and being technical, let me know if there is anything I can do - work on bugs that require tedious work or just anything to save you guys time. Thanks again.
  17.    #117  
    Just submitted an update and updated the download on the first post for:

- Updated for v1.4.1.1.
    - Added default of 15 minutes before if no preference is set.
    - Fixed missing closing > in preference view.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Just submitted an update and updated the download on the first post for:

- Updated for v1.4.1.1.
    - Added default of 15 minutes before if no preference is set.
    - Fixed missing closing > in preference view.
    Thanks. I too am having the transparent problem. Have you submitted the update in Preware? I am waiting for it to hit there so that I can install from there.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Thanks. I too am having the transparent problem. Have you submitted the update in Preware? I am waiting for it to hit there so that I can install from there.
    Yes it has been submitted for Preware.
    Yes it has been submitted for Preware.
    I have been watching for the update on Preware for the last few days. When should we expect to see it?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast