Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    The patch has been updated and submitted. The download on first page has also been updated.

Below are the changes in this version:
    - Disable auto-close for reminders, we want to know what we missed too.
    - Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options.
    - Added support for snoozed reminders to survive a reboot.
    - Swiping a reminder off the dashboard no longer dismisses the reminder. You must select dismiss when the reminder goes off. If you want to dismiss it prior to that click on the reminder in the dashboard, this will bring the reminder dialog back up.
    - Added support for user defined default snooze value.
    - Found in preferences.
    - If the user defined default snooze value would set a snooze time that has passed the next valid snooze option is used.
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/21/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    this patch rules!!!!! thanks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Have you tested this scenario without the patch installed?
    I have not, as without the patch, the 5 minute only default snooze makes it really hard !!
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    The patch has been updated and submitted. The download on first page has also been updated.

Below are the changes in this version:
    - Disable auto-close for reminders, we want to know what we missed too.
    - Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options.
    - Added support for snoozed reminders to survive a reboot.
    - Swiping a reminder off the dashboard no longer dismisses the reminder. You must select dismiss when the reminder goes off. If you want to dismiss it prior to that click on the reminder in the dashboard, this will bring the reminder dialog back up.
    - Found in preferences.
    - If the user defined default snooze value would set a snooze time that has passed the next valid snooze option is used.
    The update for this patch finally showed up in Preware for me today, but I've run into both a problem and a question:

1. Each time I try to update, I'm getting an ipkg error:

Postinst 3 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

2. I hope I'm not being thick, but you indicated:

- Found in preferences.

but how do I gain access to preferences for a patch? It's not like a patch has an app I can launch to access it's preferences? Or did you mean the Calendar App preferences? And I can't see a preference for snooze duration yet because I can't get this update installed?

Thanks for a great patch! If you assist with these 2 questions, I'd be much obliged!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    The update for this patch finally showed up in Preware for me today, but I've run into both a problem and a question:

1. Each time I try to update, I'm getting an ipkg error:

Postinst 3 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

2. I hope I'm not being thick, but you indicated:

- Found in preferences.

but how do I gain access to preferences for a patch? It's not like a patch has an app I can launch to access it's preferences? Or did you mean the Calendar App preferences? And I can't see a preference for snooze duration yet because I can't get this update installed?

Thanks for a great patch! If you assist with these 2 questions, I'd be much obliged!
    1. There seems to be a conflict with the More Reminder Times patch...Lclarkjr, I'll PM you some more details.

2. It's in the Calendar app preferences.

6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    1. There seems to be a conflict with the More Reminder Times patch...Lclarkjr, I'll PM you some more details.

2. It's in the Calendar app preferences.

Thanks! Yup, I've got the More Reminder Times patch installed too, so I guess that's my problem. I'll look forward to you and Lclarkjr getting that worked out And thanks so much for confirming the location of the preferences (which I'll be able to access when I can update the patch), and for such a quick reply to my post!
    Tried to update from the previous version but now I get a post install script failure. Any ideas on how to fix this?
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nroewe View Post
    Tried to update from the previous version but now I get a post install script failure. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Check out the couple of posts right above yours. There appears to be a known issue (if you also have the More Reminder Times patch installed)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Check out the couple of posts right above yours. There appears to be a known issue (if you also have the More Reminder Times patch installed)...
    I do. Thanks. Guess I should read a little more next time.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I cannot have installed on my device at the same time both of the following:

'Snooze Duration Selection'
    'More Reminder Alarm Times'

This only occurred after the recent patch updates. When either patch is installed, I receive an IPK error message when I attenpt to install the other.

Any thoughts or ideas?
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modestdave View Post
    I cannot have installed on my device at the same time both of the following:

'Snooze Duration Selection'
    'More Reminder Alarm Times'

This only occurred after the recent patch updates. When either patch is installed, I receive an IPK error message when I attenpt to install the other.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Check out the posts right above yours (always a good idea to search before making a post). This is a known problem that's being addressed. Hopefully we'll be back up and running in the near future.
  12.    #72  
    I will work on resolving the conflicts with other patches as soon as I get a chance.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    A truly needed patch - thanks so much for this! Very glad to see scrolling is now possible. Anywhere we can donate? Thanks again!
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    A truly needed patch - thanks so much for this! Very glad to see scrolling is now possible. Anywhere we can donate? Thanks again!
    There is a donate link on the first post of the thread.
    lclarkjr:

Thanks for these updates - these are really great! I did want to know how you managed to save the appointment reminders through reboots? Did you end up creating a new table in the db to store them in? Just curious....

Thanks again!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    lclarkjr:

Thanks for these updates - these are really great! I did want to know how you managed to save the appointment reminders through reboots? Did you end up creating a new table in the db to store them in? Just curious....

Thanks again!
    I did this by using the com.palm.power/timeout instead of com.palm.taskScheduler for scheduling the reminders. However this was not sufficient. I also had to store the list of current reminders in a cookie so that they could be reloaded into the reminder manager.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Another pleased user that loves that it's now possible to scroll through more snooze options.
    Only thing I miss is that when I first tap on an appointment to snooze it, there is no longer a default duration... not a big deal at all, but it looks "unrefined" [IMHO] with the "undefined" there. Ideally, I'd like to be able to change the default myself, but lacking that any default value would work.
    I will work on resolving the conflicts with other patches as soon as I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    lclarkjr:

Thanks for these updates - these are really great!....
    I did this by using...
    So has this been updated so as not to conflict with the More Reminder Times patch?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  19.    #79  
    Just submitted an update to resolve the conflict with the more reminders patch. Download on first post has also been updated.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Another pleased user that loves that it's now possible to scroll through more snooze options.
    Only thing I miss is that when I first tap on an appointment to snooze it, there is no longer a default duration... not a big deal at all, but it looks "unrefined" [IMHO] with the "undefined" there. Ideally, I'd like to be able to change the default myself, but lacking that any default value would work.
    If you set the default snooze duration in the preferences for the Calander App the undefined will go away. I failed to set a default value to use if the preference is not set, this will be corrected when i update the patch next time around.
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/29/2010 at 09:57 PM.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast