Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The latest updated to the patch does let you set the snooze to 30, 15, 10 and 5 minutes before the start time of the reminder. Is this what you are referring to? I will have to think of a good way to handle setting the same for the end of the reminder duration.
    Yes, in part. Certainly having additional time options to snooze before an event is very useful and I am grateful for this feature of your patch. The additional features that mimic DateBk6 function thusly (refer to liketreo's attached images from the DateBk6 manual to see what I'm describing looks like):

• Upon choosing to snooze an alarm, one is presented with the options to have it snooze xx minutes from either:
      1. NOW - xx minutes from whatever time you snooze the alarm; this is the "basic" snooze concept behind most every alarm (e.g., if I have an alarm set for 30 minutes before a 10:00 a.m. event and choose to snooze for 5 minutes, the alarm will sound again at 9:35)
      2. START - xx minutes before the START of the event (e.g., I may have an alarm for 90 minutes before a Noon event; if I choose to snooze until 5 minutes before the event begins, the alarm would sound again in 85 minutes w/o having to choose a 85-minute snooze time; in other words I'm reminded well ahead as originally intended (10:30), but don't have to think of it again until right before the start time (11:55)
      3. END - xx minutes before the event is scheduled to END (e.g., I have an event schedule from 1:00-2:00 p.m.; my original alarm sounds 5 minutes before the start, but I want to be reminded just before the event is over, so I choose to snooze 5 minutes before the end time; thus, my snooze alarm sounds at 1:55)
    • Because one's original alarm could conceivably be set for any time (a week, a day, an hour, a minute before the scheduled start time), having virtually unlimited snooze time options is really useful. How this works in DateBk6 is a) you have your standard 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc... options, and b) you have a Clock option which allows you to choose, via a time picker, any specific time for the snooze alarm to sound (e.g., I have an alarm set for 20 minutes before a 2:00 p.m. event, I could choose to have it snooze and not sound again until 1:53 by choosing that specific time from the picker).

I hope this explanation makes sense. In function, I think it's a pretty simple set of options. As for implementation in webOS...well, I'm hoping you can figure that out!

Thanks for your consideration.
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    No problem, i understand your issue and appreciate the constructive feedback. I am already planning on updating my patches to allow the user to set defaults. Also for this particular issue i should be able to add some logic to not default to the "Minutes before start" option if that would set the snooze time to a time that has already past.
    I will look forward to this change as it was nice originally to not have to really worry about scrolling around for an average snooze time that I would find myself using the most. For me I would use snooze for 30 min or 1 hour (after) most frequently. The Palm default of 5min I just don't care for and thank you for having this patch compatible with 1.4.

Majority of my events I leave defaulted to 5 min before. I now see the value of past time snoozes, however I usually know by which event the time I need to know before hand and I set that accordingly within the calendar app itself and the 'More Reminder Alarm Times' patch greatly improved that for me.

I see it was updated again today. Is this color scheme the only thing you changed as of now? The reverse black was kinda cool actually but either way.. .
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Yes, in part. Certainly having additional time options to snooze before an event is very useful and I am grateful for this feature of your patch. The additional features that mimic DateBk6 function thusly (refer to liketreo's attached images from the DateBk6 manual to see what I'm describing looks like):

• Upon choosing to snooze an alarm, one is presented with the options to have it snooze xx minutes from either:
      1. NOW - xx minutes from whatever time you snooze the alarm; this is the "basic" snooze concept behind most every alarm (e.g., if I have an alarm set for 30 minutes before a 10:00 a.m. event and choose to snooze for 5 minutes, the alarm will sound again at 9:35)
      2. START - xx minutes before the START of the event (e.g., I may have an alarm for 90 minutes before a Noon event; if I choose to snooze until 5 minutes before the event begins, the alarm would sound again in 85 minutes w/o having to choose a 85-minute snooze time; in other words I'm reminded well ahead as originally intended (10:30), but don't have to think of it again until right before the start time (11:55)
      3. END - xx minutes before the event is scheduled to END (e.g., I have an event schedule from 1:00-2:00 p.m.; my original alarm sounds 5 minutes before the start, but I want to be reminded just before the event is over, so I choose to snooze 5 minutes before the end time; thus, my snooze alarm sounds at 1:55)
    • Because one's original alarm could conceivably be set for any time (a week, a day, an hour, a minute before the scheduled start time), having virtually unlimited snooze time options is really useful. How this works in DateBk6 is a) you have your standard 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc... options, and b) you have a Clock option which allows you to choose, via a time picker, any specific time for the snooze alarm to sound (e.g., I have an alarm set for 20 minutes before a 2:00 p.m. event, I could choose to have it snooze and not sound again until 1:53 by choosing that specific time from the picker).

I hope this explanation makes sense. In function, I think it's a pretty simple set of options. As for implementation in webOS...well, I'm hoping you can figure that out!

Thanks for your consideration.
    ME
    The patch already does 1 and 2. Do you have have the latest patch installed. Either the patch file on the first post of this thread or the update that became available in Preware today?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I will look forward to this change as it was nice originally to not have to really worry about scrolling around for an average snooze time that I would find myself using the most. For me I would use snooze for 30 min or 1 hour (after) most frequently. The Palm default of 5min I just don't care for and thank you for having this patch compatible with 1.4.

Majority of my events I leave defaulted to 5 min before. I now see the value of past time snoozes, however I usually know by which event the time I need to know before hand and I set that accordingly within the calendar app itself and the 'More Reminder Alarm Times' patch greatly improved that for me.

I see it was updated again today. Is this color scheme the only thing you changed as of now? The reverse black was kinda cool actually but either way.. .
    Yes today's update in Preware was just to fix the font issue.

I am currently working on and testing the following:

- Disable auto-close for reminders, we want to know what we missed too.
    - Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options.
    - Dynamically select the default snooze duration based on valid "Minutes before start" options.
    - Will transition to At Start and in 5 Minutes as well.

- Added support for snoozed reminders to survive a reboot.
    - Swiping a remider off the dashboard no longer dismisses the reminder. You must select dismiss when the reminder goes off. If you want to dismiss it prior to that click on the reminder in the dashboard will bring the reminder dialog back up.

Then i will be working on allow the user to set a default snooze duration time they choose to override the dynamic calculations.
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/14/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    - Swiping a remider off the dashboard no longer dismisses the reminder. You must select dismiss when the reminder goes off. If you want to dismiss it prior to that click on the reminder in the dashboard will bring the reminder dialog back up.
    Wow, these features will be absolutely great!
    I didn't even think to ask if it would be possible to swipe the (snoozed) dash icon and still allow for the snooze to work and I would use that a lot especially because I don't like to let icons sit there.
    Amazing work here!
    Quote:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2200958
    Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is it possible to fix this problem with other languages, because i can't set the snoozetime (see screenshot) it always reminds after 30min.

I believe so. I will look into it, I think i just need to update a file for each of the languages.
    Is the newest version for 1.4 now compatible for other languages?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Quote:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2200958
    Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is it possible to fix this problem with other languages, because i can't set the snoozetime (see screenshot) it always reminds after 30min.

Is the newest version for 1.4 now compatible for other languages?
    Not yet, but this is on my to do list for the near term.
    One of the first patches I look for when I upgrade OS or doctor my Pre. Extremely useful. Of course the current default to x minutes before is less than ideal for me but glad to hear a fix is in the works.

Just want to express my appreciation
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    The patch already does 1 and 2. Do you have have the latest patch installed. Either the patch file on the first post of this thread or the update that became available in Preware today?
    I do have the latest version and noticed this after my post. Thanks so much for such a great patch. Any idea yet if the snooze from END time is feasible?

ME
    Lclarkjr:

I don't know if it's only my phone or if it's an issue with the app, but when viewing the scroller to select the snooze time, it doesn't appear to have any physics engine behind it. For instance, when I scroll up or down in other apps, it slowly comes to a stop and bounces at the bottom (or top). With the scroll feature in this patch, it is only limited to the movement of my finger on the screen. Once I lift my finger up, it immediately stops. The issue I have, is with there only being a small scroll space, you end up flipping through it a few times before you get to one end of it - and unfortunately, sometimes selecting an option that wasn't desired. Is there a way to enable a more fluid scrolling on this?

Please NOTE: This is just a *very* low priority request - I'm very thankful for the app and am very grateful for the effort you've put into this! I am still beside myself that Palm hasn't added this in yet. I'm also still confused about why you can't add attendees on calendar appointments, but I'll save that for another day!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    I do have the latest version and noticed this after my post. Thanks so much for such a great patch. Any idea yet if the snooze from END time is feasible?

ME
    Have not had a chance to focus on this one yet. Trying to get snoozed reminders to survive a reboot right now. Getting closer but keep hitting snags.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    Lclarkjr:

I don't know if it's only my phone or if it's an issue with the app, but when viewing the scroller to select the snooze time, it doesn't appear to have any physics engine behind it. For instance, when I scroll up or down in other apps, it slowly comes to a stop and bounces at the bottom (or top). With the scroll feature in this patch, it is only limited to the movement of my finger on the screen. Once I lift my finger up, it immediately stops. The issue I have, is with there only being a small scroll space, you end up flipping through it a few times before you get to one end of it - and unfortunately, sometimes selecting an option that wasn't desired. Is there a way to enable a more fluid scrolling on this?

Please NOTE: This is just a *very* low priority request - I'm very thankful for the app and am very grateful for the effort you've put into this! I am still beside myself that Palm hasn't added this in yet. I'm also still confused about why you can't add attendees on calendar appointments, but I'll save that for another day!
    I have also noticed this. Palm just added scroll support for the dashboards in v1.4. I suspect they have not implemented it fully yet. However when i get a chance i do plan on looking into it to make sure its not something that i am not doing.
    Great patch and one Palm should have by default. It would be nice if there was a way to select a default either by a menu or holding the orange function while tapping. I find 5 minutes before to be more useful than 15.
    can the patch be updated so that the user can set their own default snooze time for calendar reminders? The current default (15 min before start time) is not working well because the reminder keeps popping up after I snooze it. If not, can we change the default to be 5 minutes before start time? thanks!
    Yes today's update in Preware was just to fix the font issue.

- Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options.
    - Dynamically select the default snooze duration based on valid "Minutes before start" options.

Then i will be working on allow the user to set a default snooze duration time they choose to override the dynamic calculations
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    can the patch be updated so that the user can set their own default snooze time for calendar reminders? The current default (15 min before start time) is not working well because the reminder keeps popping up after I snooze it. If not, can we change the default to be 5 minutes before start time? thanks!
    I believe Lclarkjr's previous reply answers your questions.

I love the concept for the patch, however, the "5,10,15,30 Minutes before start options" is weird..

i mean a typicall snooze works like this:
    lets say you have an alarm set for 1 hr before. it goes off, you snooze for 5 mins it should go off then 55mins before alarm. snooze again for 30mins and it will go off at 25mins before alarm..

having it set up like the above, eliminated the need for a "before" snooze option.

and if your going to have a "before" selection, can you please not make the default "15min before" make it the normal 5 or 15min.

p.s.

Thank you for all your hard work on this! it is a much needed patch for webos!
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 03/17/2010 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I love the concept for the patch, however, the "5,10,15,30 Minutes before start options" is weird..
    Actually, this is how most desktop email client, like Outlook & Thunderbird, are setup.

18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post

i mean a typicall snooze works like this:
    lets say you have an alarm set for 1 hr before. it goes off, you snooze for 5 mins it should go off then 55mins before alarm. snooze again for 30mins and it will go off at 25mins before alarm..

having it set up like the above, eliminated the need for a "before" snooze option.

and if your going to have a "before" selection, can you please not make the default "15min before" make it the normal 5 or 15min.

p.s.

Thank you for all your hard work on this! it is a much needed patch for webos!
    See my notes below on what i am working on for the next update. I think it addresses your issue at least in part.

- Dynamically remove invalid "Minutes before start" snooze duration options based on the time the reminder goes off and when the event time starts.
    - Dynamically select the default snooze duration based on valid "Minutes before start" options and/or 5 minutes depending on the time the reminder goes off and when the event time starts.

After this update (if not as part of) i will be working on letting the user set the default value.
    I think I am seeing an issue where if I have multiple snoozed appointments, I am being forced to respond to all of them when only the "soonest" snooze comes due. Example: I snooze appt 1 for 4 hrs from noon. I snooze appt 2 hrs from 1pm. At 3 pm my snooze from appt 2 becomes due, but I am also asked to "re-snooze" appt 1 even if it wasn't due for another hour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Jordan
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I think I am seeing an issue where if I have multiple snoozed appointments, I am being forced to respond to all of them when only the "soonest" snooze comes due. Example: I snooze appt 1 for 4 hrs from noon. I snooze appt 2 hrs from 1pm. At 3 pm my snooze from appt 2 becomes due, but I am also asked to "re-snooze" appt 1 even if it wasn't due for another hour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Jordan
    Have you tested this scenario without the patch installed?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast