Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
    I'm repeatedly getting errors in Preware this morning (Singapore time) when trying to update feeds, so I can't see if there's been an update since earlier this week.

But earlier this week, I installed an update (1.4.5-27) that fixed the transparency issue for me (1.4.5 on German O2 Pre+). However, snooze durations aren't working right. Here's an example:

1) Reminder goes off first time with snooze duration set to "at start time"
    2) I change duration to 30 mins
    3) Reminder comes out of snooze just 5 mins later, with snooze duration set to 5 mins
    4) I again snooze for 30 mins. This time, the snooze lasts 30 mins.
    Yes, this issue fixedrecently. Please see the change log onfirst post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I have just updated the first post with new patch downloads that fix the At Start Time issue reported. I have also submitted an update to the patch portal for v1.4.5, once that update goes through i will submit the update for 1.4.1-3 to make sure they dont get mixed up again.
    I tried the patch for 1.4.1/2/3 from the first post. Initially after installing with WOSQI, the patch did nothing. I uninstalled via preware and used InternalZ to pull it from an email attachment and installed it. Then tried snooze to the start time --working--so everything looks good to me !!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    After the most recent Calendar Snooze Duration patch for 1.4.2 from Preware, the snooze durations list shows up with a transparent background, making the list almost impossible to see.

I have tried the suggestions in the thread, to no avail.

The fun part is that even though I have uninstalled the patch both from Preware and using the Internalz method, and have reset my AT&T Palm Pre Plus after each uninstall, the transparent list of snooze options still appears.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by DPenton View Post
    After the most recent Calendar Snooze Duration patch for 1.4.2 from Preware, the snooze durations list shows up with a transparent background, making the list almost impossible to see.

The fun part is that even though I have uninstalled the patch both from Preware and using the Internalz method, and have reset my AT&T Palm Pre Plus after each uninstall, the transparent list of snooze options still appears.

Thoughts?
    I found this (transparent background) to be true too--only if you use the patch in preware. If you use the patch from the first post here, it works fine, at least it did for me.

Thanks...
  5.    #265  

Thoughts?
    The version that was just updated in Preware is was suppose to only be for 1.4.5. I am not sure why it is showing up for earlier versions. I need to send the sys asmins a note to let them know and figure out either what I am doing rong or what's rong with the system.

In the mean time the 1.4.1-3 down load from the first post works for 1.4.1 through 1.4.3.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The version that was just updated in Preware is was suppose to only be for 1.4.5. I am not sure why it is showing up for earlier versions. I need to send the sys asmins a note to let them know and figure out either what I am doing rong or what's rong with the system.

In the mean time the 1.4.1-3 down load from the first post works for 1.4.1 through 1.4.3.
    Downloaded the 1.4.1-3 patch, e-mailed it to myself, opened the message and retrieved the attachment on my Pre, and clicked the Install Patch button.

Received an error notification stating "Patch installation failed."

Tried the 1.4.2-28 from Preware again, but got an ipkg error.

Any idea how to work around or correct this situation?
  7.    #267  
    Downloaded the 1.4.1-3 patch, e-mailed it to myself, opened the message and retrieved the attachment on my Pre, and clicked the Install Patch button.

Received an error notification stating "Patch installation failed."

Tried the 1.4.2-28 from Preware again, but got an ipkg error.

Any idea how to work around or correct this situation?
    I have not used internalz to install patchs. I am assuming you uninstalled first.

Try run EPR then try to reinstall. If you use Preware's saved package list you can easily reinstall any other patchs you had installed.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have not used internalz to install patchs. I am assuming you uninstalled first.

Try run EPR then try to reinstall. If you use Preware's saved package list you can easily reinstall any other patchs you had installed.
    "EPR?" he said, quizzically, with his head cocked to the side? "Hrm?"

And then he went and googled that for himself, and found out about WebOS Quick Install.

And quickly installed it, and then ran EPR. After that, he was able to install the Snooze Duration Selection patch 1.4.2-28 with no problems.

Sad he was to report that he still has the transparent snooze duration list.
  9.    #269  
    "EPR?" he said, quizzically, with his head cocked to the side? "Hrm?"

And then he went and googled that for himself, and found out about WebOS Quick Install.

And quickly installed it, and then ran EPR. After that, he was able to install the Snooze Duration Selection patch 1.4.2-28 with no problems.

Sad he was to report that he still has the transparent snooze duration list.

Sorry about the EPR.

Uninstall the patch version you installed with Quick Install. Download the 1.4.1-3 patch on first post and install it with quick install.

Or jjust wait a day or so, rwhitby is looking at the version patch submission issue that I have been having.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Sorry about the EPR.

Uninstall the patch version you installed with Quick Install. Download the 1.4.1-3 patch on first post and install it with quick install.

Or jjust wait a day or so, rwhitby is looking at the version patch submission issue that I have been having.
    Between posting my "EPR?" response and getting your follow-up, I did pretty much what you suggested.

I used Preware to uninstall the patch I had loaded, then ran EPR again, just to be sure.

I downloaded the 1.4.1-3.patch file and installed it using WebOSQI.

And yippie! It worked!

Thanks for the help!
    delete
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 08/24/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If I used WebOS QuickInstall to install the 1.4.2-28 patch, do I need to use WebOSQI to uninstall that patch before attempting to install the 1.4.2-32 via PreWare?
  13.    #273  
    If I used WebOS QuickInstall to install the 1.4.2-28 patch, do I need to use WebOSQI to uninstall that patch before attempting to install the 1.4.2-32 via PreWare?
    That would be best, however i have used Preware to uninstall patches that i have installed using Quick Install but i have seen some discussions that this does not always work so well.
    1. it didn't work
    2. I couldn't set my calendar options anymore

so I had to delete it
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Lclarkjr - Quick questions / suggestion to improve your Calender patches. Uber Calender has an awesome addition when you tap the day and date on the top of the calender not only does it give you the option to jump directly to a specific date it also pops up (VERY QUICKLY) calender for 3 months back and 3 months forward. This is one of my favorite calender additions as it is very fast compared to waiting for the palm year calender to pop up.

I really like your calender add on;s and they work well with Mode Switcher where the Uber Calender does not seem to be working well with Mode Switcher.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I'm getting an install failure when i try to install this patch (Calendar snooze duration) with the "Snooze Alternate Behavior" patch.

That patch has similar features, with one exception (at least i'm pretty sure, it wasn't an obvious feature discussed anywhere in this thread) which is feature 3 listed in this post. I'd really like to have that feature in this patch, or compatibility between them of some kind... Can i help?

Anyway, here's the install log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    75 18842 75 14208 0 0 13309 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 24581
    100 18842 100 18842 0 0 16940 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 30243
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-duration-selection
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-duration-selection.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-duration-selection from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-snooze-duration-selection.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Is this anything easy?
    Cross-posting the IPKG install error that i get when i switch the order of installations at the Snooze Alternate Behavior
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 01/22/2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm kind of shocked this isn't built-in to 2.1 -- I made the jump on my Sprint Pre and I'm struggling without it!

Can any of the patch authors help out with this one? Greatly appreciated!
    I made the jump from a Pre Minus on Sprint to a Pre 2 on TMobile.
    I find myself missing Snooze Duration several times a day.

Do you have any WebOS 2.x updates underway?
    lets build some buzz around this one - it is something I think everyone would appreciate having!
    Pretty Please....the default snooze blows!