Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    For those having issues using this patch and WebOS v1.4.5 please try the beta patch from the first post of this thread and report back.
    Should we remove the present one in Preware first or just patch over the old one.

Having problems using Preware->Install Package. It seems to hang.

UPDATE1:

Tried it first overwriting the present patch with the new beta patch and then removing the present one in Preware, then using Preware-> Install Package. Same result both times. It downloads quickly on Wi-Fi, then the spinner keeps going (last time for 5 minutes).

It's possible that the beta patch is borked.
    Last edited by TomD; 08/03/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Should we remove the present one in Preware first or just patch over the old one.

Having problems using Preware->Install Package. It seems to hang.

UPDATE1:

Tried it first overwriting the present patch with the new beta patch and then removing the present one in Preware, then using Preware-> Install Package. Same result both times. It downloads quickly on Wi-Fi, then the spinner keeps going (last time for 5 minutes).

It's possible that the beta patch is borked.
    You should remove thepatch prior to installig the beta patch.

Anything is possible, however if you didn't remove the patch before applying the beta preware should have complained. Sounds like you should remove all calendar patchs and run webos repair utility with patch compatability turned off and let it replce anycalander files then try again.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    You should remove thepatch prior to installig the beta patch.

Anything is possible, however if you didn't remove the patch before applying the beta preware should have complained. Sounds like you should remove all calendar patchs and run webos repair utility with patch compatability turned off and let it replce anycalander files then try again.
    This was the only calendar patch I had.

webOS Repair Utility found only one file different /etc/.rootfs_RW.

That's likely because I ran Jason's permission fix.

Installed the beta patch. It hung once again.
    The only difference is the download size showed as 43202 last time and 43382 this time.

Any other ideas?
    Tom
  4.    #204  
    This was the only calendar patch I had.

webOS Repair Utility found only one file different /etc/.rootfs_RW.

That's likely because I ran Jason's permission fix.

Installed the beta patch. It hung once again.
    The only difference is the download size showed as 43202 last time and 43382 this time.

Any other ideas?
    Didn't catch this earlier but Preware will not install .patch files yet.You either need to use webos quickinstall or internalz.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It works fine when installed with QuickInstall.

How do you install with Internalz? It did not seem to catch the .patch file type when I downloaded with the web browser from This thread.
    Tom
  6.    #206  
    It works fine when installed with QuickInstall.

How do you install with Internalz? It did not seem to catch the .patch file type when I downloaded with the web browser from This thread.
    Super thank you fortesting.

Not sure have not done it that way myself yet. Check the first pst of the internalz thread.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Super thank you fortesting.

Not sure have not done it that way myself yet. Check the first pst of the internalz thread.
    OK, one more question. When this comes out in Preware, should I remove the beta patch with QuickInstall before installing with Preware?

Thanks again for a great patch.
    Tom
  8.    #208  
    OK, one more question. When this comes out in Preware, should I remove the beta patch with QuickInstall before installing with Preware?

Thanks again for a great patch.
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Just something I just noticed.

The patch installed thru QuickInstall shows up in Installed Packages in Preware.

Sweeet!
    Tom
  10.    #210  
    Just something I just noticed.

The patch installed thru QuickInstall shows up in Installed Packages in Preware.

Sweeet!
    It is suppose to.
  11.    #211  
    I have submitted an update for 1.4.5 to the patch feed that resolves the transparent list.
    1.4.5-24 just showed up in Preware. Is this the latest? Still getting transparent drop down list.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    just to follow up on the internalz question
    1) make sure you have version 1.20 (it may still only be in beta feed can't remember
    2) don't download the patch from the site, instead email it to your self. When you click on the attachment to the email it'll open in internalz and ask if you want to install it
    Hello, I just updated the patch through Preware. It's 1.4.5-24 but the snooze times display transparent which I assume is the same issue everyone else is having. I'm on a Sprint Pre.
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Hello, I just updated the patch through Preware. It's 1.4.5-24 but the snooze times display transparent which I assume is the same issue everyone else is having. I'm on a Sprint Pre.
    I had updated it for 1.4.5 but looks like sprints version has a different framework version. I will update it tonight.
  16.    #216  
    I just updated the beta link on the first post with the following changes:

- Removed the at start reminder when snoozed.
    - Optionally disable the Snoozed For Banner. Default is to disable it.
    - Optionally disable the Dashboard Icon. Default is to disable it.
    - The options can be set from the Calendar preferences dialog.

Please test and report any issues.
    First, thank you for creating this great patch! I received my Palm Pre Pro today (ver 1.4.2) and I love all about it except one thing - the 5 minute fixes snooze. It drove me crazy which led me to this forum.

I installed the patch and according to PreWare, it shows that it installed correctly. I also installed another patch called 4x4. The 4x4 worked after the Luna restart but the calendar patch never worked. I tried multiple times, removing and installing, rebooting, etc, but the snoozes were stil set at 5 minutes.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Alan
    Lclarkjr the beta patch works great! I like how it turns into a little notification very unobtrusive.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
    First, thank you for creating this great patch! I received my Palm Pre Pro today (ver 1.4.2) and I love all about it except one thing - the 5 minute fixes snooze. It drove me crazy which led me to this forum.

I installed the patch and according to PreWare, it shows that it installed correctly. I also installed another patch called 4x4. The 4x4 worked after the Luna restart but the calendar patch never worked. I tried multiple times, removing and installing, rebooting, etc, but the snoozes were stil set at 5 minutes.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Alan

Potentially, try installing the beta patch on the first post labeled 1.4.2 and let me know if it works for you.
    lclarkjr does the patch work with the caledar reminder patch you developed it installs and I see the preference. I set it to 30 seconds to test and it never repeated.