Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Calendar Notification Repeat patch.

Summary
    It will update the Calendar App so that reminder notifications will repeat every two minutes until you either view the reminder or dismiss the notification.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download
    calendar-notification-repeat.patch

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    None

Known Issues
    - None so far

Change Log
    03-22-10 v1.4.0-??
    - Added capability for the user to set the repeat time interval. Can be set from preferences dialog.
    - Added max repeat support, also configurable via the preferences dialog.

03-06-10 v1.4.0-26
    - Updated for WebOS 1.4

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/22/2010 at 11:32 PM.
  2.    #2  
    For those who have requested I have added a donate button to the first post.
    I uninstalled it, but it still shows in the log in the usb.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    I uninstalled it, but it still shows in the log in the usb.
    what log file are you referring to.
    wouldn't pressing snooze be just as efficient?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    wouldn't pressing snooze be just as efficient?
    sure so long as you hear the first notification.
    can someone write a patch for sms same as this.
    but basicly have the ability to mark the sms as read. (with the buttons)
    and have a way to show if the sms is a one line sms.
    so when you read this one line sms you can see it in the notification. opening the sms in this case wastes alot of time.

chris
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    can someone write a patch for sms same as this.
    but basicly have the ability to mark the sms as read. (with the buttons)
    and have a way to show if the sms is a one line sms.
    so when you read this one line sms you can see it in the notification. opening the sms in this case wastes alot of time.

chris
    the is already an sms notification repeat patch available.

I believe what you are asking for is functioality similar to my delet from notification is that correct?
    i would love to be able to change the two minutes to 5 minutes and have an auto dismiss after 3 reminders (like the default reminder in the old Palm OS calendar). i really would have no idea how to do that but would be willing to try myself if i got some guidance. anyone care to help? thanks!
    ok so i figured out how to change the time by editing the patch file in notepad. now is there a way to make it dismiss after 3 alerts? THANKS!!!
    This is my most favorite patch, but after 1.4 update, it no longer works Anyone know how to fix it?
  12.    #12  
    I will have it updated by middle of next week.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3nman View Post
    ok so i figured out how to change the time by editing the patch file in notepad. now is there a way to make it dismiss after 3 alerts? THANKS!!!
    Just create a variable to count the numer of alerts and do not call the schedule alarm after three alerts.
  14.    #14  
    This patch has been updated and is now available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install.
    eeee sorry i'm not sure how to do that...can you tell me where to/what code to paste?
    Last edited by b3nman; 03/08/2010 at 04:40 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Just submitted an update for the following:
    - Added capability for the user to set the repeat time interval. Can be set from preferences dialog.
    - Added max repeat support, also configurable via the preferences dialog.

Also updated download on first post.

I will be updating the remaining notification repeat patchs tomorrow with the same changes.
    WOW!!! very thankful. I don't really need these but good to know for people that want these customized. Also glad to know that you devs are still behind WebOS.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    With the updated Snooze Duration Selection patch installed, this patch only seems to provide the notification repeat when the event reminder is set to "At Start Time"...When set to another value, it only displays "Snoozed for 0 minutes".

I really like being able have the notification repeated until acted upon...Is there any chance these 2 patches can be made compatible?

Also, I noticed Max Repeats value seems to represent to overall number of notifications rather than the number of times the notification will be repeated after the initial notification.
    Like every patch that is changing html files, this patch does not work for users using a none English locale. Because for languages other than en_us webos is using the html files from the resources folder. And they are not changed by the patch.

This is a common problem for most html manipulating patches.

I created and attached two patch files. One containing the full patch plus the localisation for german (calendar-notification-repeat-de_de.patch). The other containing only the localisations for German users (calendar-notification-repeat-localisation-only-de_de.patch). Technically it should be able to create a "Calendar Notification Repeat German" ipkg consisting only of the latter and depending on the original "Calendar Notification Repeat" patch.

This would enable keep the original Patch independent and would enable i.e. German users to use this patch. This could also be done for the other locales available (fr, es, it).
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sockenfresser View Post
    Like every patch that is changing html files, this patch does not work for users using a none English locale. Because for languages other than en_us webos is using the html files from the resources folder. And they are not changed by the patch.

This is a common problem for most html manipulating patches.

I created and attached two patch files. One containing the full patch plus the localisation for german (calendar-notification-repeat-de_de.patch). The other containing only the localisations for German users (calendar-notification-repeat-localisation-only-de_de.patch). Technically it should be able to create a "Calendar Notification Repeat German" ipkg consisting only of the latter and depending on the original "Calendar Notification Repeat" patch.

This would enable keep the original Patch independent and would enable i.e. German users to use this patch. This could also be done for the other locales available (fr, es, it).
    Thank you for putting this out. I have been trying to decide what the best approach is for supporting other languages. I think I like the idea of installing the main patch and then the language specific add-on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast