Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Thank you for putting this out. I have been trying to decide what the best approach is for supporting other languages. I think I like the idea of installing the main patch and then the language specific add-on.
    Actually, it should work really well.

From my limited understanding, any languages specific patches could be submitted to Preware as dependent on your main patch…In this case, only the language specific code would be submitted with a note to the admins on the dependency.

As an example, a user would select the correct language version(possibly named "German Notification Repeat"), and it would automatically ask them to install the main patch before the language specific add-on.

Also, it would probably help out a great deal, since anyone could assist by submitting the add-on this way.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Actually, it should work really well.

From my limited understanding, any languages specific patches could be submitted to Preware as dependent on your main patch…In this case, only the language specific code would be submitted with a note to the admins on the dependency.

As an example, a user would select the correct language version(possibly named "German Notification Repeat"), and it would automatically ask them to install the main patch before the language specific add-on.

Also, it would probably help out a great deal, since anyone could assist by submitting the add-on this way.

Funny thing! That's exactly what I did this afternoon

I called it "Notification Repeat German Localisation".
    One request from those of us that do not check these forums as often as we should:

Could you default the new settings ("Repeat Interval" and "Max Repeats") to a sane value if not present when the patch is updated?

I saw the updated patch in Preware, but did not see any explanation of what changed. After I "updated" the patch, I stopped receiving the notifications because the new settings were empty. Until I came here, I had no idea why.

Thanks for your work!
    Last edited by chodaboy; 03/29/2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling...
  4.    #24  
    With the updated Snooze Duration Selection patch installed, this patch only seems to provide the notification repeat when the event reminder is set to "At Start Time"...When set to another value, it only displays "Snoozed for 0 minutes".

I really like being able have the notification repeated until acted upon...Is there any chance these 2 patches can be made compatible?

Also, I noticed Max Repeats value seems to represent to overall number of notifications rather than the number of times the notification will be repeated after the initial notification.
    These two patches should work together. I have them both installed and have not experienced what you describe above.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited: Actually was just able to reproduce this issue. i will add it to my todo list.
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/29/2010 at 10:04 PM.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    One request from those of us that do not check these forums as often as we should:

Could you default the new settings ("Repeat Interval" and "Max Repeats") to a sane value if not present when the patch is updated?

I saw the updated patch in Preware, but did not see any explanation of what changed. After I "updated" the patch, I stopped receiving the notifications because the new settings were empty. Until I came here, I had no idea why.

Thanks for your work!
    It should already default to a 2 minute repeat with unlimited repeats.
    It should already default to a 2 minute repeat with unlimited repeats.
    For me, it didn't. The fields were empty and the notifications did not repeat.

After I applied the patch update, the notifications did not repeat, so I uninstalled and re-installed the patch. I did not check the settings before I uninstalled (because I did not know about them), but I did check after re-installation.

No doubt, I do appreciate the new settings.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    For me, it didn't. The fields were empty and the notifications did not repeat.

After I applied the patch update, the notifications did not repeat, so I uninstalled and re-installed the patch. I did not check the settings before I uninstalled (because I did not know about them), but I did check after re-installation.

No doubt, I do appreciate the new settings.
    Yeah I need to update the patch description with a change log. The change log that is part oof the patch submission does not show in Preware so unless you checked this thread first you wouldn't have known. Sorry for the confusion.
    These two patches should work together. I have them both installed and have not experienced what you describe above.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited: Actually was just able to reproduce this issue. i will add it to my todo list.
    Thank you very much...I'm a Production Control Analyst at a manufacturing facility, so if I'm out in the shop it's really easy to miss the notifications due to the noise and low intensity/short vibrate.

BTW...I just sent you a small donation because the Snooze Duration patch & this one really do help complete the calendar app, at least for my purposes.
  9.    #29  
    Thank you very much...I'm a Production Control Analyst at a manufacturing facility, so if I'm out in the shop it's really easy to miss the notifications due to the noise and low intensity/short vibrate.

BTW...I just sent you a small donation because the Snooze Duration patch & this one really do help complete the calendar app, at least for my purposes.
    Thank you forr the donation, I appreciate it.
    do you know if this is compatible with 1.4.2? i'm on the new AT&T pre+. installed the patch, but doesn't seem to be working...
    Amazing patch, thanks a lot.
    I have the Notification Repeat patch and the Snooze Duration patch, and my notifications only repeat at the start time of the event. This is an amazing patch, though, thank you so much for your work on it!

I really wish there was a way to customize and/or extend the calendar vibration alerts. I've been looking for that for a while, but no luck.

Thanks again for making these patches!!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thank you for all your notification patches. I use them all.

I was uninstalling them before updating to 1.4.5 because I misread the thread that says to post your patch troubles.

Anyway, when I tried to delete the calendar notification patch, I received the following error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-notification-repeat.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    When I run EFV, I get no errors. Also, I recently doctored my phone.

I went ahead and updated to 1.4.5, and this patch was the only one that would not update. I continue to get the same error.

Can I just use the repair utility and the webOS Doctor for 1.4.5 and replace the 2 offending files:

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    Or do you recommend another solution?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jdod; 08/15/2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Thank you for all your notification patches. I use them all.

I was uninstalling them before updating to 1.4.5 because I misread the thread that says to post your patch troubles.

Anyway, when I tried to delete the calendar notification patch, I received the following error:

When I run EFV, I get no errors. Also, I recently doctored my phone.

I went ahead and updated to 1.4.5, and this patch was the only one that would not update. I continue to get the same error.

Can I just use the repair utility and the webOS Doctor for 1.4.5 and replace the 2 offending files:

Or do you recommend another solution?

Thanks!
    The WebOS Repair Utility is a good option. Just make sure you uninstall all other Calendar patchs first and disable the patch compatability, then let it replace all calendar app files.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I tried replacing just the 2 offending files and subsequently got the same error when trying to remove or update the plugin.

There are no other calendar patches installed.

How do I go about replacing ALL calendar files? There are a lot of them. One by one? Really, ALL of them, or certain ones in certain folders?

Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  16.    #36  
    I tried replacing just the 2 offending files and subsequently got the same error when trying to remove or update the plugin.

There are no other calendar patches installed.

How do I go about replacing ALL calendar files? There are a lot of them. One by one? Really, ALL of them, or certain ones in certain folders?

Thanks.
    How many calendar files did the repair utility complain about?

Yes, with all calendar patchs removed you should let the repair utility replace all of the files for the calendar app that it complains about.

If it is complaing about that many something went very wrong at some point. Letting therepair utility replacethem all should put the files backto their original state and you can try again.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am sorry I did not communicate clearly.

I tried manually replacing the 2 offending files mentioned when I try to update or remove your patch, that was successful.

I don't know how to go about replacing just the calendar files using the repair utility.

If I opt to override compatibility and just run the scan, doesn't it while all patches?

How do I focus on just the calendar files when I scan?

Thank you so much for your rapid responses.
  18.    #38  
    I am sorry I did not communicate clearly.

I tried manually replacing the 2 offending files mentioned when I try to update or remove your patch, that was successful.

I don't know how to go about replacing just the calendar files using the repair utility.

If I opt to override compatibility and just run the scan, doesn't it while all patches?

How do I focus on just the calendar files when I scan?

Thank you so much for your rapid responses.
    You will have to monitor which files it is complaning about and select correct option to replace any files that live in the calendar app directory.

This may be easier if you remove all patchs first so it does not complain about valid patched files.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks, so in that case I don't enable override compatibility, as doing so just goes through and replaces all patched files without asking?

From the Repair Utility OP:

Of course if you enable the "Override Compatibility" menu option, then all bets are off. All tweaks/patches/themes will be removed and your device will be restored to factory state, with the notable difference that your applications, files, contacts, calendar, etc. will all still be intact.
    I just do the scan without override compatibility and and calendar files it finds and has trouble with them, replace them?
  20.    #40  
    Thanks, so in that case I don't enable override compatibility, as doing so just goes through and replaces all patched files without asking?

From the Repair Utility OP:

I just do the scan without override compatibility and and calendar files it finds and has trouble with them, replace them?
    You can try first without override however my concer is that it may miss files it thinks are valid with a patch applied. I would remove all patchs run the repair utility without the overide ,try reinstall this patch. If that doesn't work try with the overide enabled.

note it does not automatically replace files unless you select to. It will give you an option to replave each file as it identifies them.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast