webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [patch] Power Button to End Calls
[patch] Power Button to End Calls

Old 11/16/2009, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

KeyToss Power Button to End Calls patch

Press the power button during a phone call, and all calls will end.

Compatible with webOS 1.3.1.
Works fine with the KeyToss Phone Slider patch.

I'll upload it to the feed shortly.
Attached Files
File Type: patch keytoss-power-button-end-calls.patch (2.1 KB, 83 views) Email Attachment
samkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by opacityzero, stu5797
Old 11/16/2009, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

does this remove or conflict with the close slider to end call patch. I notice you reference it in the patch. Also when will the keytoss universal search be ready again?

Last edited by mamouton; 11/17/2009 at 06:32 AM.
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can install this patch even if you have the phone slider patch installed. They coexist peacefully.

I've been told that the universal search patch should be in the feed tonight.
Old 12/23/2009, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've been asked to start a thread for this patch. Please ask any questions or report any problems here.

If you install this patch, you can hang up on calls by pressing the power button.

If you want to see the code, or install it manually, you can get the patch file here:
KeyToss Power Button Ends Calls patch
Old 12/23/2009, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thank you!

I am adding your link to the patch index.

- Craig
milominderbinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2009, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the great patch...!
tbear2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: heavenlydaze
Old 12/30/2009, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

reinstalled patch with 1.3.5 firmware. Now when hit power button get screen to reset phone, Unable to uninstall patch as get error when try to remove
radjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

How do you uninstall this patch; whenever I'm on a call and the screen fade to black I hit the power button and it hangs up the call. I really want to remove this patch but every since I uploaded 1.3.5 I can't locate my installed apps. Help Please!
adjutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2009, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjutant View Post
How do you uninstall this patch; whenever I'm on a call and the screen fade to black I hit the power button and it hangs up the call. I really want to remove this patch but every since I uploaded 1.3.5 I can't locate my installed apps. Help Please!
If the screen goes black during a call, it's likely due to the proximity sensor. The device isn't asleep, and hitting the power button won't wake it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radjay View Post
reinstalled patch with 1.3.5 firmware. Now when hit power button get screen to reset phone, Unable to uninstall patch as get error when try to remove
The reset screen comes up when you hold the power button for several seconds. That feature was added by Palm in webOS 1.3.1, and it's unrelated to this patch.

To uninstall this patch, I suggest using Preware. For me, WebOS Quick Install hasn't worked properly with 1.3.5. If you get an error with Preware, use Emergency Patch Recovery to remove all your patches and start again.
Old 01/06/2010, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

I used EPR to uninstall all my patches in preparation to install WebOS 1.3.5.1 but it did not uninstall this patch. I will try running EPR one more time & see if that works.
dacsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2010, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacsailor View Post
I used EPR to uninstall all my patches in preparation to install WebOS 1.3.5.1 but it did not uninstall this patch. I will try running EPR one more time & see if that works.
I tried Preware to uninstall this patch on it's own with no luck. I then tried to run EPR again but it did not run as it did not recognize the Power button to end call as being an installed patch.

Any help to figure out how to uninstall this patch is appreciated
Old 01/06/2010, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

First, you should just check whether the patch is really still installed. Call your voicemail, and press the power button. If it doesn't hang up, it's not installed, and you just need to clear the patch from the list...

I said above that WebOS Quick Install wasn't working for me, but it turns out I had a previous version running. The latest version works well with 1.3.5. Run WOSQI 2.96 and go into Device Management; select patches; and see if it's listed as installed. If it is, uninstall it. Even if the uninstallation fails, the patch will still be removed from the list.
Old 01/07/2010, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkim View Post
If the screen goes black during a call, it's likely due to the proximity sensor. The device isn't asleep, and hitting the power button won't wake it.

The reset screen comes up when you hold the power button for several seconds. That feature was added by Palm in webOS 1.3.1, and it's unrelated to this patch.
true but also during speaker mode, the screen does go off. turning it on with power button when i wanted to surf the web at that point, hangs up my calls. there for i uninstalled this patch.

would be great if you can fix that so i can get the patch back!
chrislo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2010, 06:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
First, you should just check whether the patch is really still installed. Call your voicemail, and press the power button. If it doesn't hang up, it's not installed, and you just need to clear the patch from the list...

I said above that WebOS Quick Install wasn't working for me, but it turns out I had a previous version running. The latest version works well with 1.3.5. Run WOSQI 2.96 and go into Device Management; select patches; and see if it's listed as installed. If it is, uninstall it. Even if the uninstallation fails, the patch will still be removed from the list.
@samkim - Thanks. When I looked in Preware it still showed the patch as being installed. I also thought about testing it, but before I ever did that, I hooked my Pre up to my PC and ran WOSQI (I am at version 2.96). The patch was shown as installed and I tried uninstalling with WOSQI and it failed here also. It was not removed from the list in WOSQI or when I checked on the Pre with Preware. On Preware the only option provided was "Remove".

Next I went back to WOSQI and I looked at the Online Repository and the Power Button Ends Call patch was listed there and available for install (even though Preware said it was installed). So I installed it again and restarted Luna. I then disconnected my Pre from PC and went into Preware to see if I could now uninstall the patch and this time it uninstalled successfully. (I did not try WOSQI to uninstall at this stage).

So off to update to WebOS 1.3.5.1 and to fix my EAS calendar bug.
Old 01/07/2010, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
true but also during speaker mode, the screen does go off. turning it on with power button when i wanted to surf the web at that point, hangs up my calls. there for i uninstalled this patch.

Ah, ok. You're right. Sorry. I'll take a look at what I can do as soon as I have a chance, probably next week.
Old 01/12/2010, 12:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to modify the patch to detect when the screen goes off. The system request to detect the status of the display doesn't work properly - or at least not during a call. It says the screen is on even after the screen turns off.
Old 01/12/2010, 11:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to modify the patch to detect when the screen goes off. The system request to detect the status of the display doesn't work properly - or at least not during a call. It says the screen is on even after the screen turns off.

can you modifiy your patch only during speaker mode, the power button don't hang up calls? or the power button only hang up calls in the first 30 seconds(screen turn off time) in speaker mode. after 30 seconds(or same as turn off screen time) it will turn on screen. then timer restarts, it hang up calls until tims up again.?
Old 01/13/2010, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
can you modifiy your patch only during speaker mode, the power button don't hang up calls? or the power button only hang up calls in the first 30 seconds(screen turn off time) in speaker mode. after 30 seconds(or same as turn off screen time) it will turn on screen. then timer restarts, it hang up calls until tims up again.?
It should be easy to deactivate the patch code when the phone is in speaker mode. Not sure about the other suggestion. It'll be some time before I can get to this. I'll post it when it's ready.
Old 01/16/2010, 06:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

sureman deactive while in speaker is good enough.
Old 01/18/2010, 12:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

If i use emergency recovery will that remove all contact and media as well?
adjutant is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0