1.    #1  
    I am unable to open any of my emails. is this a patch issue or what? I can send and sync emails but I cant just open an email to read it
    should be a patch..have u run EPR to c if it fixes it?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    should be a patch..have u run EPR to c if it fixes it?
    no not yet, i don't have any patches installed that have to do with email, so i didn't think that would do it. but i may try it just in case. I just have about 38 patches and it is a pain to have to re-install all of them again
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    no not yet, i don't have any patches installed that have to do with email, so i didn't think that would do it. but i may try it just in case. I just have about 38 patches and it is a pain to have to re-install all of them again
    yeah i know wut u mean

Update: that used to happen to me but it was bc of an email patch
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 11/15/2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    ok, i have serious issues now. I have done the EPR and I still can not open my emails

any body?
    ok, i have serious issues now. I have done the EPR and I still can not open my emails

any body?
    damn dude that sucks....best bet bc theres no 1.3.1 doctor...ur gonna have to doctor to 1.2.1 and update again to 1.3.1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #7  
    well i bit the metaphorical bullet and am now doing the webos doctor. this better work. Im gonna be ****ed if I go through all of this and still have an issue
    u shouldnt have an issue after doctoring...good luck!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

are you sure that all the patches where removed? I had the same problem with my email not opening I removed all patches and rebooted(twice). now the email works. I would try EPR again then reboot before doctoring.
    delete email feom notifications is stick. Ran epr before and after update. Wouldn't remove it. Can't open emails. Stinks. Do I doctor or does someone know the stock files needed to copy over to kill this patch...? Last time this happened in text (patch) and someone sent (jason?) a couple of files and waalaa it was fixed. Please help!
    I'm having the same problem. Did you by chance install the iPhone spoof tweak? That's the last thing I did yesterday, but I didn't notice the problem until this morning.

Edit: I just deleted the "Delete from notifications" patch, still same problem. I have no other email type patches installed.
  12.    #12  
    ok, i only had one patch installed for email and it was landscape. I removed it and it didn't fix it. since webos doctor is still 1.2.1 I couldnt pull files from there to place on my phone because of the update. So i doctored to 1.2.1 then ran my update to 1.3.1 and it was fixed
    ok, i only had one patch installed for email and it was landscape. I removed it and it didn't fix it. since webos doctor is still 1.2.1 I couldnt pull files from there to place on my phone because of the update. So i doctored to 1.2.1 then ran my update to 1.3.1 and it was fixed
    told you that would work...all we need is for the 1.3.1 doctor to come out and for jason to update Repair Utility
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    told you that would work...all we need is for the 1.3.1 doctor to come out and for jason to update Repair Utility
    yeah that would have saved me at least an hour if those were updated
    yeah that would have saved me at least an hour if those were updated
    yup I know...and its upto palm to put it up...because it doesn't take jason long to update Repair Utility
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I also posted this in the other thread located here. http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post2039608
    I just wanted to make sure that people saw it as it was important. Sorry if that was a no no..
    ===============================
    I discovered the problem with not being able to open email. It was a preware patch I re-installed right after the OS install. I may have not updated the feeds before I installed it, I cannot remember. It was the patch called "Swap Reply2All for Move"

Just un-install that and you should be able to open your email again. I hope this helps someone.

BTW I made sure I updated the feeds and re-installed it and it seems to be causing the issue again. It is that for sure, at least for me.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I installed the reply2all patch and now I'm stuck. I've epr'd and I cannot get the reply2all to delete. When I try to update the new patch, I get the message to delete the old patch before updating. But when I go into WOSQI, I cannot get the reply2all patch to come up to delete it. Any idea's?
    I had the same problem. After running ERP and rebooting I was fine. Remove all patched and reboot. Maybe twice. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I'm having the same issue. i had version 10 (which worked) and then tried to update to version 11 and got the same failures as mentioned above.

I also couldn't open email. It would download new messages, and i could send messages, but I couldn't open any email. I ended up replacing several files to get back to 1.3.1 stock (from a friends pre), and now email works again.

But I still can't apply this patch.

file list:

in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/

message-assistant.jsjsjs
    list-assistant.jsjsjs
    account-assistant.jsjsjs
    compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I wasn't sure I need to replace the last two, but I was having issues with the email-landscape too, so I replaced them all.
    Don't know whether you have access to a bud's virgin pre, but this saved me from starting over from scratch.