Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    plee3, thanks for the info. I had to run EPR as well but that got my QL bar back. Unfortunately I think I'm going to keep looking at it because I don't like the idea of a patch I can't easily remove. And like you, I think I'll wait to add my patches back until 1.4 hits, so here's hoping the tip about 2/15 is right! I loves me some patches!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    alanK, the QL bar is only accessible by using the up-swipe on the gesture area to get the wave launch bar.
    I've installed 2 patches. The hide-quick-launch-bar.patch from Jason and the launcher-hidden.patch from fritos1406 that are both contained in this thread. My understanding is that launcher-hidden.patch is supposed to make the launch bar visible while in the launcher pages.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I am still having the issue of the hidden QLB randomly grabbing icons from launcher pages.?.
    Sometimes it will be a duplicate with the same icon being in both places and sometimes it will grab them completely off the launcher and fill up the empty 4 slots on the QLB.

..and no I am not accidentally tap + holding + dragging down to the hidden QLB..

I un/reinstalled this like 4 times just to manually remove the apps and place back into the designated launcher pages.
    Any ideas???
    This is one of my favorite patches! I never left any icons on the QLB anyways and getting rid of the whole bar itself is most appealing to me.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I am still having the issue of the hidden QLB randomly grabbing icons from launcher pages.?.
    Sometimes it will be a duplicate with the same icon being in both places and sometimes it will grab them completely off the launcher and fill up the empty 4 slots on the QLB.

..and no I am not accidentally tap + holding + dragging down to the hidden QLB..

I un/reinstalled this like 4 times just to manually remove the apps and place back into the designated launcher pages.
    Any ideas???
    This is one of my favorite patches! I never left any icons on the QLB anyways and getting rid of the whole bar itself is most appealing to me.

here's an idea, got to a website and add it to your launcher. then drag those to the quick launch bar, then run the patch to hide it. that way the quick launch bar has icons in it. alternatively, you could do this with some built in apps that you dont use, such as Nascar. The benefit here would be that if you ever to a full erase and restore, palm will be able to restore those icons to your QLB.

hope this helps
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    here's an idea, got to a website and add it to your launcher. then drag those to the quick launch bar, then run the patch to hide it. that way the quick launch bar has icons in it. alternatively, you could do this with some built in apps that you dont use, such as Nascar. The benefit here would be that if you ever to a full erase and restore, palm will be able to restore those icons to your QLB.

hope this helps
    Not a bad idea actually to store stock apps I never use down there. Nascar, NFL, DocView, PDF View etc.
    It still likes to make an appearance once in awhile but will slide away on its own so it's basically mostly hidden.
    Nice work around.

(unfortunately, I'm stuck with it as is until the AUPT issues with stuck patches gets fixed...)
    correct me if im wrong, but i think the "hide quicklaunch bar" (all ways) patch is different everywhere it is? last i tried it from preware, it was the patch that only hides the QL bar in card view and not the launcher. i just tried the patch from webOS quick install 3.01>Tweaks>online repository, and it was the first version. the problem with the first version, if the read around the beginning of this thread, is that it messed up the title for the top bar (left corner) menu for the launcher. instead of calling it "launcher," it calls it whatever app you were last in. i have the nxt version of this, which fixed this problem, but it is old and predates all the new coding patches are coming with to fix this and that. (proper uninstalling, migration when installing the nxt webOS, etc)

so...i am looking for an up to date version of the patch to all ways hide the quick launch bar..... anyone know where to find it?? u shall receive my thanks

update: ok, the patch from prewaee appears to be the same as the patch from the online repository, which is the one with the launcher menu problem
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 02/16/2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

First, thanks for the great work you do, your patches make the Pre a much better device.

i have a rather unique request for a "hide launcher bar" patch.

I'd like the Quick Launch Bar to be hidden ONLY from the main screen, leaving the wallpaper unobstructed.

When the launcher is opened, by either swiping up from the gesture area, or, using the wave, the launcher pages pop up, I'd like the Quick Launch Bar to remain visible until the Launcher Page is closed.

...and when it closes the Quick Launcher Bar will close as well, leaving the wallpaper unobstructed again.

I just like leaving the wallpaper clean, but still be able to see the QLB when the launcher pages are open.

Any chance in hell? ...or is it just not possible?
    this is a great app, I have ran into the same thing too, if I need to remove an app from the QLB, I have to remove the patch and repatch.. No biggie, just takes a little time, and just concerned about old files messin stuff up with the multiple removing and repatching process..

any chance that there could ba a toggle applied for this/other patches?? Just a thought..
    Love this patch...thanks!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Hi Jason,

First, thanks for the great work you do, your patches make the Pre a much better device.

i have a rather unique request for a "hide launcher bar" patch.

I'd like the Quick Launch Bar to be hidden ONLY from the main screen, leaving the wallpaper unobstructed.

When the launcher is opened, by either swiping up from the gesture area, or, using the wave, the launcher pages pop up, I'd like the Quick Launch Bar to remain visible until the Launcher Page is closed.

...and when it closes the Quick Launcher Bar will close as well, leaving the wallpaper unobstructed again.

I just like leaving the wallpaper clean, but still be able to see the QLB when the launcher pages are open.

Any chance in hell? ...or is it just not possible?
    I second this one. I made a request for this as well.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    this is a great app, I have ran into the same thing too, if I need to remove an app from the QLB, I have to remove the patch and repatch.. No biggie, just takes a little time, and just concerned about old files messin stuff up with the multiple removing and repatching process..

any chance that there could ba a toggle applied for this/other patches?? Just a thought..

I just did some testing and it IS possible to drag items to/from the QL with this patch, you just have to be quick.

If you drag an icon from the Launcher off the bottom of the screen, it will be added to the QL bar (be careful about where you place it horizontally on the screen, because that's where it will end up on the QL bar).

You can also remove things from the QL bar- when you open the Launcher, grab the icon quickly while the QL bar briefly pops up, and you can drag it back to the Launcher.
    FYI: while I was moving GoogleMaps from the QL bar to the app launcher, I lost the icon, i.e., it wasn't in the launcher, and it wasn't in the QL. I had to restart Luna to get it back.
    Speebs, thanks for that tip!
    Great patch. Any chance there can be a version in which the quick launch bar does not disappear when the launcher is opened?

Thanks for the all the work on this.
    Jason, I have not installed the hide patch but all my device will show is the wave. I can't seen to figure out how to unhide the quick launch bar to the pane. I just got the phone a couple of weeks ago and it has been like that since day 1, Steve

stevensettipani@hotmail.com
    ^sound like you have a stuck patch. Did you buy it used? I would start fresh if I were you. You should do webOS doctor first.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    this patch is the nicest yet! I love it.

but...

I got a replacement pre and when I try to install this great patch, I get an error msg. Do you know why? I hate my pre with the quick launch bar visiable.
    I was looking for something like this. I have a Pixi, so it's nice to be able to see more of the wallpaper I'm using. Plus, It's more fun using the wave launcher.
    loved this patch on webos 1.4.5 - is this ported to 2.1.0 (and I didn't find it?)

installing on 2.1.0 on a meta-doctored German o2 Pre gives:

java.lang.Exception: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/lu
    na/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/SystemManagerService.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-syste
    mui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    at ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomConnection.runProgram(NovacomConnect
    ion.java:59)
    at ca.canucksoftware.webos.Patcher.doInstall(Patcher.java:92)
    at ca.canucksoftware.webos.Patcher.install(Patcher.java:80)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer.processList(Installer.java:97)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer.access$300(Installer.java:21)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.Installer$DoTransfer.run(Installer.java:241)
    at java.util.Timer$TimerImpl.run(Timer.java:291)

thanks!
    An issue that I'm having is the the Quick Launch bar will temporarily pop up (for just a second) whenever I'm "zooming out" of an app/card. It seriously bugs me and is enough to not use this patch - is this a normal thing?

Thank you for your contribution and efforts though! This patch does make the UI much cleaner, but it feels sloppy and messy when the launcher decides to just pop up.
    When will this patch be available for webOS 2.x? I just received my Veer and would really love to have this one or even better the quick launch bar remix!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast