Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmiranda111 View Post
    Hi, Jason. I tried to install the patch and received the message "Error installing. See IPKG log." However, after my next restart, the launch bar was gone. The only problem now is that I can't restore it. The patch does not appear under my Installed Packages so I can't just remove it. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks for all your work.
    Never mind. I found the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool and that took care of it. Sorry for the noob question.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    hmm i have issue with it... well it works fine but in launcher now there is no app menu...
    Yfrog - pti - Uploaded by en0x

i have only installed add or delete pages in launcher...

when you tap in the left corner where it used to be app menu it pops out
    I believe there is something preventing the launcher from showing the menu but still works when you tap on the upper left corner with the launcher in focus. Also i have notice now that when the launcher is brought up through the the wave, the menu show the last open app(being web, google...).

I hope Jason will look into that and come up with a solution. Love the patch using the heck out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I believe there is something preventing the launcher from showing the menu but still works when you tap on the upper left corner with the launcher in focus. Also i have notice now that when the launcher is brought up through the the wave, the menu show the last open app(being web, google...).

I hope Jason will look into that and come up with a solution. Love the patch using the heck out of it.
    Seeing the same issue. Jason, I have attached a screenshot to show exactly what is happening as well. As others have said as well, it always seems to list the last app opened.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #64  
    Here ya go, launcher issue fixed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'll install this afternoon with WOSQI. Thanks for the response Jason. You are fantastic and I really appreciate all your work to improve our phones.
    i didnt like the launch bar always hidden so this patch modifies the pre to have the quicklaunch/launch bar open when ever you bring up the launcher with the gesture+slide up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    i didnt like the launch bar always hidden so this patch modifies the pre to have the quicklaunch/launch bar open when ever you bring up the launcher with the gesture+slide up.
    Awesome. This would give you the ability to change the icons in the quick launch bar. Do you have to previously have Jason's hide quick launch bar patch installed for this to work or is this a stand alone patch? Great work guys.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 11/25/2009 at 09:37 AM.
    Also, since I never had done it this way before, what happens when you install a patch by adding it to WebOSQuickInstall? Is the only way to remove it through WebOSQuickInstall or can I remove it with Preware? I would not like to run EPR either if that is my only option through Preware.

Basically, if these patches get included in the Preware patch directory, will it show up as being installed to where I can remove the individual file if I have to?
    fritos1406, I don't know if this is exactly working all the time. It does not hide the quick launch bar all the time. When in card view it still shows. It looks like all that is being done is change how the launcher operates. Basically, the only way to hide the quick launch bar is to use the swipe up gesture. I did not get a chance to look at the patch while I was at my computer but it appears that is only modifies the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $There$ $was$ $an$ $older$ $thread$ $that$ $people$ $came$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $solution$ $but$ $I$ $think$ $Jason$'$s$ $is$ $something$ $different$.

However, I do like the idea of the when the launcher is up being able to see the quick launch bar. This would allow you to modify the apps in the quick launch if you need to. Jason, is there any way to modify your patch to allow this functionality? Obviously probably keep both versions because I know some will probably want it never shown. Can this be done?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Excellent work....I manually patched and it works great.

It appears to not work at first...after reboot. Open and close the launcher and its gone.

It comes back after discarding a card but all you have to do is open and close the launcher again...Which is fine by me.
    Thanks Jason, was getting ready to report that very same issue about the top left icon. You rock bro!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    fritos1406, I don't know if this is exactly working all the time. It does not hide the quick launch bar all the time. When in card view it still shows. It looks like all that is being done is change how the launcher operates. Basically, the only way to hide the quick launch bar is to use the swipe up gesture. I did not get a chance to look at the patch while I was at my computer but it appears that is only modifies the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $There$ $was$ $an$ $older$ $thread$ $that$ $people$ $came$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $solution$ $but$ $I$ $think$ $Jason$'$s$ $is$ $something$ $different$.

However, I do like the idea of the when the launcher is up being able to see the quick launch bar. This would allow you to modify the apps in the quick launch if you need to. Jason, is there any way to modify your patch to allow this functionality? Obviously probably keep both versions because I know some will probably want it never shown. Can this be done?
    it only becomes hidden when u hide the launcher..its not hidden at all times..that way u can drag and drop icons to the quicklaunch bar
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Excellent work....I manually patched and it works great.

It appears to not work at first...after reboot. Open and close the launcher and its gone.

It comes back after discarding a card but all you have to do is open and close the launcher again...Which is fine by me.
    ohhh it shows.? Well I'll fix that issue to not show just have to get on the comp.
    Thanks I like that!!
    ohhh it shows.? Well I'll fix that issue to not show just have to get on the comp.
    Any development?
    thanks for the update jason
    Is this patch being modified so we can change the Quick Launch apps? I would like to replace the Facebook app with Friendsbook. Is my only option removing/reinstalling or using Frito's patch? (which I can't as I only use Preware)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Great patch! It's in Preware, btw, for those that were asking. It's cool because people that don't know about the wave can't do anything with the phone.
    YES this is a SWEET security feature... "No Wave - No Access"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Heya Jason,

Potentially stupid question here, but I'd rather ask then screw something up. Do I need to uninstall the old patch before installing this one on WOSQI?

Thanks man!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Thanks for all your great work Jason! Is this version with the fixed launcher issue going to make it to Preware?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast