Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    What about a patch that temporarily hides the bottom notifications? its a pain in the *** when you're charging and using apps that use all the screen.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    What about a patch that temporarily hides the bottom notifications? its a pain in the *** when you're charging and using apps that use all the screen.
    That area is called the dashboard. Specifying that you want the dashboard removed from WebOS?


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    That area is called the dashboard. Specifying that you want the dashboard removed from WebOS?
    No, just a patch that alows to hide it or something so it doesnt get in front of some apps when charging. I dont know if im explaining well... Sorry
  4. #4  
    Old thread, but I'll add a +1 here. I think dashboard notifications are redundant. I don't want to pick on any one app, but there are severl that require an icon in the dashboard in order to run in the background. The thing is, having a dashboard notification defeats tthe purpose of running in the background, because it's right there in your face.

    Think of it like Windows, the OS. Windows has a system tray for background programs, and a taskbar for front end programs. There's a very good reason to have that separation - a separation that WebOS lacks. That's where we're gonig with this.

    --MGb

    The last time, I reopened an old thread, I got a patch, so I'm hoping to be 2 for 2.
  5. #5  
    i think you are mixing the terms. There are new notifications like an incoming text. that's considered by many to be the best notification system of any smartphone.

    then there are apps that leave a little icon at the bottom and can't continue working if it is closed. those drive me crazy and I generally don't use applications that do that, or I use them as little as possible. I don't know if it's lazy programming or a legitimate need, because I see plenty of apps that leave background tasks running without doing that.

    Either way, I don't think that's a "patch" thing so much as asking the app developer why they leave that icon there and determining if that is a deal breaker. my 2 cents.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    i think you are mixing the terms. There are new notifications like an incoming text. that's considered by many to be the best notification system of any smartphone.

    then there are apps that leave a little icon at the bottom and can't continue working if it is closed. those drive me crazy and I generally don't use applications that do that, or I use them as little as possible. I don't know if it's lazy programming or a legitimate need, because I see plenty of apps that leave background tasks running without doing that.

    Either way, I don't think that's a "patch" thing so much as asking the app developer why they leave that icon there and determining if that is a deal breaker. my 2 cents.

    Brightness Unlinked and Quick Task are two that need the icon on the dashboard to run. I agree, I wish they could be hidden. I dumped QuickContacts because it had to be loaded in the dashboard to run.
  7. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #7  
    Notification on/off options could probably be added to Mode Switcher also. Couldn't hurt to put in a request in the thread.

    Charging Event is already a trigger in the application.
  8. #8  
    instead of brightness unlinked, try the one that inverts keyboard brightness. I think it works great and doesn't leave anything running at the bottom.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    i think you are mixing the terms. There are new notifications like an incoming text. that's considered by many to be the best notification system of any smartphone.

    then there are apps that leave a little icon at the bottom and can't continue working if it is closed. those drive me crazy and I generally don't use applications that do that, or I use them as little as possible. I don't know if it's lazy programming or a legitimate need, because I see plenty of apps that leave background tasks running without doing that.

    Either way, I don't think that's a "patch" thing so much as asking the app developer why they leave that icon there and determining if that is a deal breaker. my 2 cents.
    I was thinking that. Seems more a system issue. Not sure a patch could be written to accomplish this. Brightness unlinked, Homing Device, even Mode Switcher on the Pixi, those are just some examples of apps that need the dashboard icon. At the end of the day, it is probably 10 more pixels of screen realestate to play with. Well we'll see if our devs can come up with something. Until then, we'll just dream the impossible dream...

    --MGb
  10. #10  
    I'd like to add to this also-
    Would it be possible to create a patch to hide the notifications when in full screen after a short delay? Or maybe from another angle, give a card in full screen priority on display? This would hopefully leave the notifications active but unseen while working in other programs.

    Thanks!!

Posting Permissions