1.    #1  
    I have both mvapp and terminal, can't seem to figure out how to move stuff aorund
    Its actually not as complex as it may seem. Read the information at Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals and then follow the instructions.
    can someone explain how to use the mvapp step by step? I followed the link above but am lost. I installed mvapp, and my terminal plugin. But, I do not see them in my launcher at all so how do I run them? If anyone who has had success with this, could you please let me knoq step by step how you are doing this? Thanks in advance!
    You need to install "Terminal", not "Terminal Service Plugin"
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_K View Post
    You need to install "Terminal", not "Terminal Service Plugin"
    Actually you need both. The Terminal app needs the Terminal Service Plugin, like Preware needs Package Manager.

Install the Terminal app, run it, and type the commands in the previously mentioned thread like "mvapp d"
    are there any ill effects with this?

will it slow down program loading or anythign?
    where do I find terminal? I've searched everywhere on preware. Also, once terminal is installed, am I doing ALL of the moving of files on my pre or am I using my pc as pre is in usb mode? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly, the steps are as follows:

1. Install the terminal service (terminal app will not work unless this is installed)
    2. Reboot phone
    3. Install 'mvapp' from PreWare
    4. Install Terminal app from PreWare (if not already installed)
    5. Open Terminal from launcher, then type...
    6. mvapp doctor (to give you an overview of how the app partition looks on your phone)
    7. mvapp bulkmv (to move emails and apps to the media partition)

From what I can see there are no negative affects on performance or anything.
  9.    #9  
    thanks strudel
    Where do you install the Terminal App from? I can't find this on Preware? Am I blind? I have the most up to date version of preware. Thanks for your help strudel!!!
    Strude.... I followed your directions EXACTLY and it WORKED!!! Thanks! SIMPLE. My next question is this... How do you MOVE THEM BACK? Or, do we EVER need to worry about moving them back? When updates are available do we need to move apps back?

Is everyone moving ALL of their apps??? Or, just some?

Thanks
    Also,

What if we update an app that has been moved? Will it update it still on the Pre, or do we need to move the app back first?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    You can move apps back using 'mvapp restoreall'. Not really needed unless you have issues, which no one has reported. It's possible with a future webOS you may need to restore, but we will likely have plenty warning if needed.

See other details here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

When you perform app updates, they will automatically go to the media drive. No need to do anything special for updates.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have the most recent Preware v0.9.9 and Terminal is NOT on this.
    I tried installing via WEBOSQI and it says Termplugin required. What the f ?
    How do I get either the Termplugin via WEBOSQI or Terminal to show up in Preware?
    I have all feeds updated and viewing in preware, so do I need to install an older version of Preware?
    I'm confused sorry...
    Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmille View Post
    I have the most recent Preware v0.9.9 and Terminal is NOT on this.
    I tried installing via WEBOSQI and it says Termplugin required. What the f ?
    How do I get either the Termplugin via WEBOSQI or Terminal to show up in Preware?
    I have all feeds updated and viewing in preware, so do I need to install an older version of Preware?
    I'm confused sorry...
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry to say 'read the thread' but 'read the thread'. I just did it with just this page and the link to mvapp and I am NOT a programmer. Term svc/term and mvapp are all right where they said they were. The key for me was findoing out about needing term svc and term. They are in preware because I did it ALL on my phone. It is still moving the attachments but it is going well. Thanks to all who set this up... I'd have thanked strudel too but the others did it for me before I got there. I got my /var down to 50mb and all seems fine... BTW, term svc is a plugin in preware,Terminal is an app amd mvapp is LinuxApp. But you should still read the thread :-)
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 12/02/2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: update
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Worked for Me!