1.    #1  
    First of all, thanks for Jason's patches, but I'm bothered by dragging the drop-down list to turn on/off the airplane mode, so i got this patch to remove battery level from drop-down list.

Edit, please use wqi2.8 to install this patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zhzyg; 11/23/2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Thank you thank you! How about one to get rid of the date as well since its added to the top bar in another patch

Add to preware too

Edit: failed to load through WOSQI...I have multiple patches which are probably causing inconsistencies:

Data connection
    gps
    Roam Only
    Remove Airplane mode(New patch in this section of the forum)

Just giving you a heads up
    Last edited by knickrox13; 11/15/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Thank you thank you! How about one to get rid of the date as well since its added to the top bar in another patch

Add to preware too
    i was just going to ask for this patch....nice work guys.
  4.    #4  

Add to preware too

Edit: failed to load through WOSQI...I have multiple patches which are probably causing inconsistencies:

Data connection
    gps
    Roam Only
    Remove Airplane mode(New patch in this section of the forum)

Just giving you a heads up
    Hi knickrox13,
    It should works fine with all Jason's patches because the code which part has been removed is on top of all those patches, but I am not sure if it works fine with 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

seconded
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Can't get either of these to work oddly enough. Anyone successful? The date and battery percentage are very annoying in the pulldown menu.
    No worky on wosqi 2.9. Low priority patch for me but would be nice to cleanup the device menu since I have plenty of menu item patches there now.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    This works with Advanced Phone Menu patch.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    thanks, I had 2 diff patches working on the top bar so now I'll delete them, install advanced phone patch and give it a shot

edit: yeah, still no go. removed jason's patches to the top bar, removed the brightness patch even and I keep getting an error. too bad.
    Last edited by Stihl; 11/22/2009 at 03:59 PM.
    do not work with preware either.
    Laissez Faire
    running 1.3.1 i couldn't get it to install with the brightness patch already installed. removed the brightness patch and the no battery level installed correctly but then i couldn't re-install the brightness patch. its on or the other, i chose the brightness patch, but id really like to have both
    No go for me too. i have the brightness slider bar patch installed
  13.    #13  
    Hi guys, please use wqi2.8 to install no battery level patch. somehow wqi2.9 reports a previous install error.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Will this patch be updated to work with preware? Right now I get "Error Installing: See IPKG Log". In the log the Postinst section says this:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 29 with fuzz 2.
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-no-battery-level from root...

I have these other patches already:
    add date - mm/dd
    brightness in device menu
    data in device menu
    gps in device menu
    show actual battery percent
    top bar battery percent and icon
    (plus a few more that don't apply to the device menu in any way)

Any thoughts?
    I'm not able to install the Remove Date or the Remove Battery % from top bar patches. At first I thought it had something to do with the new patch that changes the top bar font size, but the developer of that patch said that these two patches were conflicting with the battery % slider in device menu patch.

I used EPR and reinstalled both patches (before trying the % slider) and it still didn't work.

I'd really like to have all three patches ... any way for you to collaborate with the developer of the % slider patch and get these bad boys to play nice?

~Bowen

EDIT- Been using Preware.
    here is what I would like to see in the device menu (top bar)
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...enu-patch.html
    Request for patch for top bar MM/DD/YY patch removal please.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Apologies if I'm posting this question in the wrong place.

I'm new, both here and to WebOS. I ran into a problem installing the No Battery Level patch, probably because of a conflict with one of the other device menu patches I installed. So I'm looking to learn something by rolling my own solution here.

I'm not an expert at understanding the patch file format yet, so I don't know what exactly needs fixing. A cursory look at the jsjsjs $file$ $makes$ $it$ $appear$ $that$ $I$ $can$ $just$ $delete$ $two$ $lines$:
    Code:
    var msg = $L("Battery: #{batlevel}");
    this.controller.get('dm_battery').innerHTML = new Template(msg).evaluate({"batlevel": Mojo.Format.formatPercent(this.barAssistant.getBatteryLevel())});
    Obviously, I'll want to spend a little more time to analyze the code, but my question is, is it possible / advisable for me to directly edit my devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs $file$? $What$ $are$ $the$ $pitfalls$ $to$ $watch$ $out$ $for$?

Thanks!
    Just so everyone knows...This patch is NOT compatible with the "brightness in device menu" patch. Hopefully someone can fix this, cause both patches kick *** by themselves, but together.....they could rule the world.