Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    For the life of me. I can not get this patch to work.
    I've done a doctor and installed it thru WOSQI and sent my image "contacts-scrim" to /media/internals/wallpapers/ , /media/internals/wallpapers and
    media/internals/wallpapers.
    It only gives me a black back ground.

Help me please.
    The behavior you are getting is correct. The patch simply adds a black background. If you want a different colors, you will have to download the png for that color and copy it to the directory mentioned in the first post.
    If you like the black background, you do nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    The behavior you are getting is correct. The patch simply adds a black background. If you want a different colors, you will have to download the png for that color and copy it to the directory mentioned in the first post.
    If you like the black background, you do nothing else.
    yes. I know this. I have made my own scrim image and put in my wallpaper folder but it will not display it.

" Originally Posted by warlord9159
    I've done a doctor and installed it thru WOSQI and sent my image "contacts-scrim" to /media/internals/wallpapers/ , /media/internals/wallpapers and
    It only gives me a black back ground. "

" Using webos Quick installers, send file option. You can use any .png file 320x480 or 480 x480 image named contacts-scrim. "
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/11/2009 at 09:30 PM.
    yes. I know this. I have made my own scrim image and put in my wallpaper folder but it will not display it.

" Originally Posted by warlord9159
    It only gives me a black back ground. "

" Using webos Quick installers, send file option. You can use any .png file 320x480 or 480 x480 image named contacts-scrim. "
    what did you name the the wallpaper if you put the .png behind it try taking that off and see if it works for you. remember it has to be a png file but not named useing the png . at least that is the way i did it and it works. for that matter all you have to do is drag and drop the wallpaper into wallpaper folder as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what did you name the the wallpaper if you put the .png behind it try taking that off and see if it works for you. remember it has to be a png file but not named useing the png . at least that is the way i did it and it works. for that matter all you have to do is drag and drop the wallpaper into wallpaper folder as well.

Yes I did the drag and drop to wallpaper thing.
    Here is the file

contacts-scrim.png

I got the email-scrim and messaging-scrim to work.
    But the contacts-scrim will not work for me
    The name of the file is contacts-scrim.png after the transfer to the file as above pic.

maybe its a file size limit.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/12/2009 at 04:05 AM.
    what is the size ? you can change it to the specified size 480 x480 right? if not try droping the .png from the name and see if that works ?? i left the png off all mine and they work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what is the size ? you can change it to the specified size 480 x480 right? if not try droping the .png from the name and see if that works ?? i left the png off all mine and they work.

I've done 320x480 and 480x480.
    I use the same file in all the patches.
    It works in the messising and email patch.
    it has no .png after the file name but it is a png file.
    the file name is "contacts-scrim" and the file is a .png.
  7.    #147  
    are you totaly sure have the contacts scrim patch installed. Cause there is no reason that the scrim wouldn't be showing up . I assume you have restarted your pre not just a luna restart a complete take the nattery out if you have to restart
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  8.    #148  
    goto you wallpapers folder and chang the messaging-scrim file to contacts-scrim and see if it works.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    i was trying to help lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  10.    #150  
    I know you were, I been lurking I just needed a break lol
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

are the directions on preware still incorrect??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    goto you wallpapers folder and chang the messaging-scrim file to contacts-scrim and see if it works.
    I'll give this a try
    i was trying to help lol !!

and ty for helping out.
    Nope still black.
    When i remove the patch it will go to stock color.
    i install the patch and i get a black back ground.

renamed my messaging image and it will go to black color
    I made a new red image and saved it to the wallpapers folder in my pre and still a no working.

you said you might make a new patch that will get the image from another folder.
    do you think this will help me?
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/12/2009 at 06:05 PM.
  15.    #155  
    are the directions on preware still incorrect??
    I have not changed them and their not so much wrong as they are not 100% clear. I tried to make them as eazy as I could but I truly believe no matter what not everyone is gonna understand.

heck there is 6 pages of people asking questiones, everyone is eventuly solved, 90% are the file isn't saved as a png. I spent 2 days and 30 emails helping this one guy who claimed he was doing everything I told him to do. I finally emailed him 3 png files named just as I had told him to do and wouldn't ya know it it worked as soon as he restarted.

I love helping people I have just had alot going on recently, one of my personality traits is I finsh what I start, the other is I write long winded post to oftern so if I start to help sometimes everything else will take second seat and I won't get anything done.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

16.    #156  
    Nope still black.
    when you say black are you saying the background is black? Cause it should be gray with white fonts after installing it.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

you should open webos QI and uninstall with it and then try to install again i believe you got a bad install somehow!

and mracer im not hasseling you i just remember noting to you that the directions ,when they first came out were incorrectly described in there thats all. and ive been periodically trying to help as well. you even said it looked to be incorrect then as well . so my bad.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I have not changed them and their not so much wrong as they are not 100% clear. I tried to make them as eazy as I could but I truly believe no matter what not everyone is gonna understand.

heck there is 6 pages of people asking questiones, everyone is eventuly solved, 90% are the file isn't saved as a png. I spent 2 days and 30 emails helping this one guy who claimed he was doing everything I told him to do. I finally emailed him 3 png files named just as I had told him to do and wouldn't ya know it it worked as soon as he restarted.

I love helping people I have just had alot going on recently, one of my personality traits is I finsh what I start, the other is I write long winded post to oftern so if I start to help sometimes everything else will take second seat and I won't get anything done.
    I thank you for all your help and all the stuff you do for us.
    All your patches work great and i know they take your time from your family.
    I have made some themes and it is time consuming.
    And ty again for all the things you for us members.

when i remove the patch it is gray back ground.
    when i install it is black with white text

should the name of the file be * contacts-scrim ( *copy and past of file name )

--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/list.css
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/list.css
    @@ -18,7 +18,12 @@
    .contacts-list-view .palm-list {
    padding-top: 8px;
    }
    -
    +body.wallpaper, body.palm-default {
    +background: url(../images/scrim.png) 0 0 fixed;
    +background-color: #000000;
    +-webkit-background-size: 100% 100%;
    +color: white;
    +}

.palm-alpha-divider {
    height: 32px;
    \ No newline at end of file

so it must be the name of the file i'm putting in the folder?
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/12/2009 at 06:25 PM.
  19.    #159  
    you should open webos QI and uninstall with it and then try to install again i believe you got a bad install somehow!

and mracer im not hasseling you i just remember noting to you that the directions ,when they first came out were incorrectly described in there thats all. and ive been periodically trying to help as well. you even said it looked to be incorrect then as well . so my bad.
    you can't harrass me your my best back up!!! and I still agree that they can be mis understood
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

20.    #160  
    I thank you for all your help and all the stuff you do for us.
    All your patches work great and i know they take your time from your family.
    I have made some themes and it is time consuming.
    And ty again for all the things you for us members.

when i remove the patch it is gray back ground.
    when i install it is black with white text

should the name of the file be contacts-scrim

yes contacts-scrim is correct. But with out the patch installed your contacts screen should be white withe black fonts. My patch first turn it to almost a palm dark scheme (gray back ground, white fonts) this is the first sign the patch is installed, next you put the scrim image named contacts-scrim and saved as a png into your wall paper folder.

are you sure you not installing one of 2slows scrim patches over top of my patch? Where are you getting the patch? From preware?

--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/list.css
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/list.css
    @@ -18,7 +18,12 @@
    .contacts-list-view .palm-list {
    padding-top: 8px;
    }
    -
    +body.wallpaper, body.palm-default {
    +background: url(../images/scrim.png) 0 0 fixed;
    +background-color: #000000;
    +-webkit-background-size: 100% 100%;
    +color: white;
    +}

.palm-alpha-divider {
    height: 32px;
    \ No newline at end of file

so it must be the name of the file i'm putting in the folder?[/QUOTE]
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast