Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    hey, thanks for the patch. Would have been nice if you gave me some credit for the carbon fibre png. There is no need to ask me when using my images but is fair to know when some1 is gonna use one, so I am aware of...

anyways, thanks for your work!
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_pre View Post
    I'll have to scroll up a bit, my phone wouldn't let me click pages...I wanted to see other options you have. I guess I need to fire up the laptop instead of reading these on my phone...(sigh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    hey, thanks for the patch. Would have been nice if you gave me some credit for the carbon fibre png. There is no need to ask me when using my images but is fair to know when some1 is gonna use one, so I am aware of...

anyways, thanks for your work!
    If I had known where the carbon fiber came from I would have for sure gave you credit, sorry and will credit you in the future! The carbon fiber isn't part of the patch though, the patch just adds the ability to add the scrim. I believe I posted a pic of how I had my phone set up and someone else also wanted to use the blue carbon fiber , the someone wanted red and then the whole rainbow. Lol it grew fast! Once again sorry for not crediting you on this one, I normaly give props where props are due.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #123  
    have no clue why it also quoted jays_pre.....
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Good Stuff Thank You!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    yes the blue is great!
    What in the world am I doing wrong? I installed this patch through Preware and it installed correctly (changed the colors of the contacts to grey/white). I named the file contacts-scrim.png. (If I delete the .png extension it changes the file type to a basic 'file' in the properties so I keep the file showing the .png). I send the file to /media/internals/wallpapers via WOSQI and it doesn't change the background of the contacts. I've tried restarting Luna and nothing works. Even tried deleting the extension .png from the file and sending that way, but nothing.

Anyone have a suggestion? Buehler? Buehler?

Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    What in the world am I doing wrong? I installed this patch through Preware and it installed correctly (changed the colors of the contacts to grey/white). I named the file contacts-scrim.png. (If I delete the .png extension it changes the file type to a basic 'file' in the properties so I keep the file showing the .png). I send the file to /media/internals/wallpapers via WOSQI and it doesn't change the background of the contacts. I've tried restarting Luna and nothing works. Even tried deleting the extension .png from the file and sending that way, but nothing.

Anyone have a suggestion? Buehler? Buehler?

Thanks!
    First, don't use the command prompt to send the file.. Simply connect your Pre to your computer (via usb) and then click USB Mode... then in the wallpapers folder.. place said 'contacts-scrim.png' file.

After a luna restart all should be well.

In the future if you need to send a file with WOSQI or via command prompt the directory should probably include an ending '/'

i.e. '/media/internal/wallpapers/'

But /media/internal/ is the directory which shows via USB mode... so this method is not needed or preferred.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    your not supposed to put the .png in the name of the file but it has to be a png file
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your not supposed to put the .png in the name of the file but it has to be a png file
    Really? I don't use this patch, but I do use mracer29's patch for the messaging app. For the messaging app you do use the file extension '.png'

If this is the case then mracer29 should note so in the instructions... else we'll have 1000 posts about the topic (within due time).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Really? I don't use this patch, but I do use mracer29's patch for the messaging app. For the messaging app you do use the file extension '.png'

If this is the case then mracer29 should note so in the instructions... else we'll have 1000 posts about the topic (within due time).
    well i have his patch i got when he first started making this patch and if you added the png to the file name it would not work . so unless he changed it it should still be that way . not sure which patch is which lol but oh well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i just copied this from mracer in this thread on like page 3 or 4 .........What folder? The images folder? You can't. Im concidering changing the place the image is stored to the download folder. only problem is you will have to either have the same scrim for email, contacts, and messaging or you will have to name each image for the app you want it to go to. (ie. contacts-scrim, email-scrim.....) This would allow for differnt scrims for differnt apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Someone earlier had emailed me for help on this issue, the out come was he was naming the scrim messaging-scrim.png then saving it. Well it was saving as a .jpg, that would have made its name messaging-scrim.png.jpg. This is incorrect. Please rename the image messaging-scrim, then save as a .png.
    this is what i was talking about !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    upon checking my preware for the directions ,it does say to add the .png to the file name but it would not work for me when i do that so .... IDK ? beats me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  14.    #134  
    email me mracer29@yahoo.com I'll help ya.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

hey guys i just added background scrim patch but i dont know how to add move choices of diff colors on it can u help please
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    ...In the future if you need to send a file with WOSQI or via command prompt the directory should probably include an ending '/'

i.e. '/media/internal/wallpapers/'

But /media/internal/ is the directory which shows via USB mode... so this method is not needed or preferred.
    Thank you! I tried simply dropping the file into the .wallpapers folder, but it didn't work. So I tried sending the file via WOSQI to that folder and including the '/' at the end and that solved the problem. Yayy!
    For the life of me. I can not get this patch to work.
    I've done a doctor and installed it thru WOSQI and sent my image "contacts-scrim" to /media/internals/wallpapers/ , /media/internals/wallpapers and
    media/internals/wallpapers.
    It only gives me a black back ground.

Help me please.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/09/2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    mracer29,

Are there any other applications that you might be able to add a background scrim to?

I really like being able change the look of my Pre so any option for customizing is appreciated. I love the three that you have done so far, messaging, email and contacts look so much better with a little customization.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    mracer29,

Are there any other applications that you might be able to add a background scrim to?

I really like being able change the look of my Pre so any option for customizing is appreciated. I love the three that you have done so far, messaging, email and contacts look so much better with a little customization.
    what apps would you like it added too?
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    what apps would you like it added too?
    The web Browser, photos app, and navigation would be good choices. I think pretty much all of the core apps would be covered at that point. I guess Calendar isn't included but I'm not sure how well that would work.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast