webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Add background scrim to contacts app.
[Patch] Add background scrim to contacts app.

Old 02/01/2010, 07:14 PM   #201 (permalink)

I just spent a 1hr trying to read the entire thread and realized that I had to install from Preware instead of the first post. Maybe the first post should be changed to download from Preware..
tbaker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2010, 05:01 AM   #202 (permalink)

Thanks!!!
igetdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2010, 11:05 PM   #203 (permalink)

Hi I'm looking for a scrim to match the Have Some Colour theme.
weedow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2010, 12:14 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
it looks amazing!!! i love it! but i just wanted to ask if theres ANY way we can change the background on the messaging to match the background of the theme?
How do you get the black chat bubbles? I've placed the patch, and have the background scrim in black, but the chat bubbles are still the OEM blue/green.

Thanks.
aramova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2010, 01:26 PM   #205 (permalink)

Is there a way that the scrim patch doesn't the font AT ALL. I miss the white and blue mix of the original email application. I just want to change the background without changing the fonts at all. thanks.
slimdeala4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2010, 10:11 PM   #206 (permalink)

I might have missed if someone asked this already. if so I am sorry, but in order to send the scrim does my phone have to be in usb mode instead of just charge when using webof quick install?
SilverVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2010, 11:51 PM   #207 (permalink)

never mind
SilverVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010, 09:05 AM   #208 (permalink)

how do I change email backround with the email scrim patch. I already downloaded the photo (The blue) I want for the backround from the your attachment for theme SE Mirror. I installed the email scrim patch and the email backround now is dark grey. what do I need to do to change the dark grey to the blue image which is in my pre photos?
john
highamjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010, 09:26 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highamjc View Post
how do I change email backround with the email scrim patch. I already downloaded the photo (The blue) I want for the backround from the your attachment for theme SE Mirror. I installed the email scrim patch and the email backround now is dark grey. what do I need to do to change the dark grey to the blue image which is in my pre photos?
john

I'm not to familiar with the process but basically... You'll have to install the patch then place the image in the location that the patch specifies (typically this can be found in the description or in the thread discussing it). The name and location of the image must match the specifications and the image must be the correct image type.

But I believe these patches need to be removed before updating to 1.4.5....
- Black n' Gold theme - here
MLJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2010, 08:12 PM   #210 (permalink)

i just recently got into doing some stuff w/ my pre... i've been a member here for a little over a year and am just now seeing the good stuff for myself... i guess i was a little scared... i've changed SOOOOOO much on my phone in the last couple of days!

thanks for what you do... what ALL of you do.

~Clay
cshiver85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2010, 06:06 PM   #211 (permalink)

I have a palm pre plus with verizon. I've installed preware and scrim contacts and saved a .png in my wallpapers folder named contacts-scrim but cannot get the image to dispay in my contacts menu, it remains the dark grey default. ?help?
dermak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2010, 11:32 PM   #212 (permalink)

I'm having a similar problem, Ithe folder where I'm supposed to put the file isn't showing up.
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2010, 11:49 PM   #213 (permalink)

Try this
Name your image scrim
put your image in wallpapers folder
Install patch
Luna restart
Attached Files
File Type: patch contacts-scrim wallpapers folder.patch (451 Bytes, 15 views) Email Attachment
Patches Animated Back Grounds Devicemenu MaxedOut Animated Music Player Sound Bar
My home page
warlord9159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: crazybirdman
Old 08/26/2010, 10:27 PM   #214 (permalink)

Perfect, thanks!
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2010, 10:52 PM   #215 (permalink)

Man I am not sure how you do this. I cant seem to figure it out. Any help? And I have the pixi...does that matter?
cpritt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2011, 08:25 PM   #216 (permalink)

how do I use it after it's saved to photos
gloomymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 06:57 PM   #217 (permalink)

Ive installed the patch to change the messaging background and ive saved a picture the way it said to but nothing happened. Do you know how to apply the picture to the messaging background?
maddierees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 10:55 PM   #218 (permalink)

wow, this looks fantastic! also, imho the image in the 1st post demonstrates the point of this patch much better than the default screenshot loaded from within webos quickinstall.

i have to ask though, will using this patch significantly increase the system load of associated applications?

for instance, for a (nonoverclocked) pre plus, the glass effect and smooth scrolling patches each add quite a significant amount of lag.
zer0nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 06:03 PM   #219 (permalink)

dear friend, I am following you in PRE THEMER and your themes are fantastic!.......But always I had a dream....to get a TOPGUN theme (yes, F14, Tom Cruise, Kelly Mc gillis, Val Kilmer, )..... is IT too difficult to make it??....please can you help me?....I have a PRE 3......
nc31002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0