Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wdortch View Post
    ok, im with you up until the .png format. the only option in my dropdown other than jpg is. bmp. how exact do i get images to .png format?.....sorry : 0 (
    just right click and rename to "whatever" .png

Whatever = ? scrim
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2.    #142  
    you can go download paint.net open the image and the save as a png.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #143  
    ok, im with you up until the .png format. the only option in my dropdown other than jpg is. bmp. how exact do i get images to .png format?.....sorry : 0 (
    forgot to say paint.net is free.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    okay, after playing around with it i finally have it and i love it...thank you so much!
  5.    #145  
    okay, after playing around with it i finally have it and i love it...thank you so much!
    Cool glad I could help. Donate if you can!
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

finally got the white font version of the patch to work...great job
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    mracer: 2 questions/comments

1. It appears the white font version of the messaging scrim patch doesn't change the background as dark as the the other messaging scrim patch. I know you can select a photo but I was plenty happy with just the darker background.

2. How is one able to create a theme which places a file in /media/internal/wallpapers/ ? From my knowledge you have to replace a file else you get an error.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  8.    #148  
    did you get my pm Mljones??
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

May I also suggest a darker scroll fade image (top and bottom)? I could edit them myself but it doesn't appear as if your using any. So I'm curious as to where the white top/bottom scroll fade is even coming from.

Oh.. and I have plenty of dark ones already created if you wanted me to collaborate with you (from the simple black theme & mizzou theme).

Edit: Here are few if your interested (both 320 x 38):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  10.    #150  
    pretty sure the white is stock palm pre. I had tried to change that stuff and it wouldn't go away
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    pretty sure the white is stock palm pre. I had tried to change that stuff and it wouldn't go away
    Well, they have to be images some where on the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $They$ $wouldn$'$t$ $be$ $covered$ $up$ $when$ $you$ $added$ $them$ $like$ $you$ $would$ $a$ $background$?

There are so many top/bottom scroll fade images on the PrPrPr&#$275$;... $I$ $don$'$t$ $even$ $know$ $where$ $to$ $start$ $looking$ $for$ $the$ $default$ $png$ ($for$ $the$ $record$ $I$ $already$ $tried$ $the$ $message$ $image$ $folder$).

Perhaps you could share what all you have tried?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    if ya'll is talking about that white fade at the top and bottom of the app then I found the bottom image in usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submission/200.47/images . I can't remember the name off the top of my head but its there. And I'm pretty sure the top fade in there also
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    if ya'll is talking about that white fade at the top and bottom of the app then I found the bottom image in usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submission/200.47/images . I can't remember the name off the top of my head but its there. And I'm pretty sure the top fade in there also
    Do you think you could find the name of the file?

I tried the following 3 sets with no luck... (I must have overlooked it).

palm-menu-panel-fade-bottom.png
    palm-menu-panel-fade-top.png
    addressing-widget-fade-bottom.png
    addressing-widget-fade-top.png
    list-selector-fade-bottom.png
    list-selector-fade-top.png
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Do you think you could find the name of the file?

I tried the following 3 sets with no luck... (I must have overlooked it).

palm-menu-panel-fade-bottom.png
    palm-menu-panel-fade-top.png
    addressing-widget-fade-bottom.png
    addressing-widget-fade-top.png
    list-selector-fade-bottom.png
    list-selector-fade-top.png
    I tried everything I could think of and it just kept coming back. I admit I was stumped!
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

The bottom image is command-menu-gradient but I tired everything for the top fade and I just couldnt find it
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Here is a tested and for sure working white font patch...... I just tested it 3 times. FYI i couldnt get the preware patch tto act right either
    Ok I don't know how many times in how many ways I tried to change my messaging scrim but it just won't work. I installed the white font patch from preware and also from your link, and after finally figuring out the destination/filename, the best I got was the textured background but the bubbles themselves are still default color w/white font. Is that a problem with the patch? I know people have been asking the same questions but I just don't get why it's not working... *sigh* it's late and I'm done searching threads and restarting my phone for the hundredth time! mracer your thread helps a lot and I hope we can figure this out as I would like this to work! Thanks!
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by photopearl9 View Post
    Ok I don't know how many times in how many ways I tried to change my messaging scrim but it just won't work. I installed the white font patch from preware and also from your link, and after finally figuring out the destination/filename, the best I got was the textured background but the bubbles themselves are still default color w/white font. Is that a problem with the patch? I know people have been asking the same questions but I just don't get why it's not working... *sigh* it's late and I'm done searching threads and restarting my phone for the hundredth time! mracer your thread helps a lot and I hope we can figure this out as I would like this to work! Thanks!
    the caht bubbles are part of a theme not part of the patch. There are 2 messaging patches one keeps the fonts black for use with lite colored chat bubbles and a white font patch that is for use with dark colored chat bubbles. A few of my themes have dark bubbles.

hope this info helps
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

That does help and makes sense now that it's not 4 am anymore. I was too tired to think of that possibility. Thank you. Is there a way to change that then? Somewhere in the code for the theme perhaps? I like my theme icons and other backgrounds, the designer just hasn't changed the messaging bubbles... hmmm.......
  19.    #159  
    I got some dark ones I can email to you or, let me know what theme your rockin and I'll work you up something

email me at mracer29@yahoo.com
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

I have tried everything you have suggested and I still cannot get the white-font-messaging-scrim patch to work. I have no trouble installing or deleting the messaging-scrim from my pre, but the problem with that patch, for me, is that since the font is also black, I can't see any of the writing against the black bubble (black on black). Any suggestions.

It seems everyone else is having the opposite problem. Go figure.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast