Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    The original autoreplace patch that was in preware for 1.2.1 caused a 5 second lag when opening the browser or emails.. this word list is the top 3000 words from google, and works much better. (I've been using this for the past few months, and it also works in 1.3.1)

I'm going to submit this in preware shortly, but wanted to put it here first for testing.

-mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sorry, what does this do?!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    sorry, what does this do?!
    It replaces the auto correction dictionary on the pre (fixes typos on the physical keyboard)
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The original autoreplace patch that was in preware for 1.2.1 caused a 5 second lag when opening the browser or emails.. this word list is the top 3000 words from google, and works much better. (I've been using this for the past few months, and it also works in 1.3.1)

I'm going to submit this in preware shortly, but wanted to put it here first for testing.

-mark
    Right now we don't have any patch for the autocorrect disctionary.

Please post this patch!

-Craig
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I tried to post this, but it's too large for the form submitter..
    -m
    Tried to install it but got a pade full of errors, I have Auto correct edit installed Could this be why?
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    So, how many words were used in the old auto-correct dictionary patch? And what is the current impact, does it increase load times of each email by a second, or does it make the email application take an extra 5 seconds to load or something along those lines? Or was it the more emails you had the longer it took...

Anyway I just know the slowdown was ridiculous, and I'm sure we'd all like to know the impact now that you have improved it.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Tried to install it but got a pade full of errors, I have Auto correct edit installed Could this be why?
    Yes. remove that first.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    So, how many words were used in the old auto-correct dictionary patch? And what is the current impact, does it increase load times of each email by a second, or does it make the email application take an extra 5 seconds to load or something along those lines? Or was it the more emails you had the longer it took...

Anyway I just know the slowdown was ridiculous, and I'm sure we'd all like to know the impact now that you have improved it.
    In our testing there was no difference in having this autocorrect vs. the stock one..

I don't know how many words exactly it was using, but the file was 1.6mb's for the one causing issues (if I recall correctly) vs. 350kb's or so for this one.
    -mark
    Yes. remove that first.
    -mark
    I would never want to be with out my auto correct edit program. I don't care how many word you add it will not ever be able to replace this like "what you doing?" and it comes out "what you doing?''

% can remove it then install your patch, then reinstall the auto correct edit program. Will this work?
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    hahaha lol see how well it works I tried to type "wud'' and it auto corrected for me to " what you doing? "
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I would never want to be with out my auto correct edit program. I don't care how many word you add it will not ever be able to replace this like "what you doing?" and it comes out "what you doing?''

% can remove it then install your patch, then reinstall the auto correct edit program. Will this work?
    Actually, the autocorrect edit program itself is fine - it's the edits that it's doing..

This patch adds a new dictionary. The auto correct edit program adds words to that dictionary.. what happened in your case is that there were words the patch program didn't expect, so it would have failed (since the original file there has edits put in place by autocorrect edit..)

The only solution for those that already have an edited dictionary is to a) put the original /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace file there, then run the patch, or b) replace /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace with this file (thus replacing the dictionary there manually with this 3k word list) attached. - afterwards, you can still use the autocorrect edit to make changes to this dictionary. (note though - since you're replacing your dictionary with this one, you'd lose whatever edits you've already done..)

-mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It replaces the auto correction dictionary on the pre (fixes typos on the physical keyboard)
    -m
    ah, awesome thanks
    I shouldn't loose my changes cause the are backed up on mu usb portion. I recently ran the doctor. I just saved the file first then ran the doc. Installed A.C.E. App again, copied the saved file to the usb again, then hit restore aand all my changes were there again.

I'll let you know what happens.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

I installed this via WOSQI and it is recognised on preware, but it doesnt do anything when writing (tried typing "ade" and "chnges" which should be changed to "made" and "changes")
    Do you need to turn it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    I installed this via WOSQI and it is recognised on preware, but it doesnt do anything when writing (tried typing "ade" and "chnges" which should be changed to "made" and "changes")
    Do you need to turn it on?
    you'll need to do a full device reboot after installing the patch
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    just done a full reboot, but it still doesn't work :-(
    installed using WOSQI 2.82 onto GSM pre with 1.3.1
    not sure why its not working :-(
    this should be in preware for sure . I can not find auto correct edit and don't want a 7 day trial either lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Got errors with the preware install so I deleted and manually sent the file with QI. Any way I can test that it is working properly?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Doesn't work for me either. I installed via Preware and have rebooted, but typing things like th (the), ade (made), chnges (changes) don't do anything, as I assume they should...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast