Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hello.. so I downloaded the patch from the first page of this thread to install onto my Pre using WOSQI and got this error:

Anyone know what this means? Is that patch still compatible with 1.3.5? I know you can easily install the 3k word patch using Preware but I'm interested in editing the word list myself, first. Btw, that error comes form trying to install the un-edited version of that patch - wanted to try that first.

Is there a way to download and edit the patch that's available through Preware? Love this patch but as a few have noted, there are plenty of real words that get changed to other words as is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    The patch was for webos versions before 1.3.5. It needs to be updated for 1.3.5...
    -mark
    Last edited by diomark; 01/06/2010 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The patch was for webos versions before 1.3.5. It needs to be updated for 1.3.5...
    -mark
    Thanks, Mark. As the Preware version appears updated for and works in 1.3.5, is there a way to download that updated patch Preware installs in order to edit the word list?

I would assume the 1.3.5 updated patch could then be installed through WOSQI?

..and thanks for the quick reply
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I can't seem to update or remove/re-install 3000 Autoreplace Words to work with the new AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) system. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    I can't seem to update or remove/re-install 3000 Autoreplace Words to work with the new AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) system. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    I had the same problem today when I tried to do the AUPT, I had 27 patches and they all updated except this one, when I tried to remove it failed. What's next?
    You could attempt removing it from webosquickinstall. I didn't create the patch, so I don't know how the update or patch process works, but I know if you need other autocorrections, follow the third post, and just forget about the patch and what it says in preware.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    My Pre runs fine, not a big deal, but just want to get this resolved before the next webOS update. What are the steps that I do if I want to remove 3000 autoreplace words patch with webOSQI? Thanks for replying.
    Go to tools..device management...and if the patch isn't in the patches tab, it might be in the applications tab. Just remove it and luna will automatically restart, should be golden then.
    NY Giants fan?

I'll give it a try, thanks

I found it and clicked the box to uninstall the patch and an error message came up, but when I rebooted my Pre and opened Preware, the patch was gone, works for me thanks again!
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 01/27/2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The original autoreplace patch that was in preware for 1.2.1 caused a 5 second lag when opening the browser or emails.. this word list is the top 3000 words from google, and works much better. (I've been using this for the past few months, and it also works in 1.3.1)

I'm going to submit this in preware shortly, but wanted to put it here first for testing.

-mark
    i think it would help everyone if you replaced your patch with the addition and subtractions i have made on this post #34. i have replace most/all of the words that change into other words. such as three=threw
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...justments.html
    Thanks DrewJohn. For this particular issue, (and based on your work on top of this lsit diomark built and a few others contibuted to - thanks KnickRox13)... I've moved to just maintaining the auto-correct edit file manually by 'recieving' the file using WEBOS QI, editing it with a text editor (notepad++) and then sending it back to the pre again. Now that the bulk of the errors have been found ad corrected - and that I've added a bunch of personal shortcuts in there, it's just easier than thinking about this as a patch any more.

I think that we should continue to post further 'mistakes' we see in the other thread. Personally, I've removed rx|ex (I was texting rx meaning prescription the other day) and amy|any and mins|mind (I use mins as shortcut for minutes)... I'll post any others over there.

finally, what would be really nice is if we had an on pre text editor and the ability to make changes there. imaybe with the internals update, we'll have the ability to copy the file to media/internals, make edits, and put it back in place without using a computer and webos qi.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    finally, what would be really nice is if we had an on pre text editor and the ability to make changes there. imaybe with the internals update, we'll have the ability to copy the file to media/internals, make edits, and put it back in place without using a computer and webos qi.
    There use to be an app called "ACE" Auto Correct Edit and you could do just that. of course i was not going to type in 3000 of them but now that i have a pretty good list it may be useful.

i don't really mind the way i'm doing it now with QI though.
    Thanks DrewJohn. For this particular issue, (and based on your work on top of this lsit diomark built and a few others contibuted to - thanks KnickRox13)... I've moved to just maintaining the auto-correct edit file manually by 'recieving' the file using WEBOS QI, editing it with a text editor (notepad++) and then sending it back to the pre again. Now that the bulk of the errors have been found ad corrected - and that I've added a bunch of personal shortcuts in there, it's just easier than thinking about this as a patch any more.
    BTW you only need to receive the file once. I saved it to my computer and add/ subtract as needed. than send the new file to my phone with QI. i think it does an over write. I've always kept the file name the same. (don't know if that matters)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    There use to be an app called "ACE" Auto Correct Edit and you could do just that. of course i was not going to type in 3000 of them but now that i have a pretty good list it may be useful.

i don't really mind the way i'm doing it now with QI though.
    Yep. I knew about that, but I thought it was just for adding to the list. I'm probably wrong about that. My broader point is that, in general, it would be nice to have a small footprint text file editor on the Pre. It's be useful for making small tweaks to other OS files or to read log files, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    BTW you only need to receive the file once. I saved it to my computer and add/ subtract as needed. than send the new file to my phone with QI. i think it does an over write. I've always kept the file name the same. (don't know if that matters)
    Yeah. I haven't been very good about keeping track of which version is most current (since I've done some editing of that file on three different PCs) so I just re-extract the current from my Pre before I make my edits. It definitely does an overwrite. I'm pretty sure the name must remain exactly the same or else WebOS wouldn't know where to find the list when it loads.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Pre runs fine, not a big deal, but just want to get this resolved before the next webOS update. What are the steps that I do if I want to remove 3000 autoreplace words patch with webOSQI? Thanks for replying.
    There is no need to revert this patch prior to a new upgrade. (it doesn't effect anything that'd break an upgrade..)

-mark
    Yep. I knew about that, but I thought it was just for adding to the list. I'm probably wrong about that. My broader point is that, in general, it would be nice to have a small footprint text file editor on the Pre. It's be useful for making small tweaks to other OS files or to read log files, etc.....
    oh you may be right. it adds. i don't know about subtracting. i kinda figured you would say Three=Three and it would over write Three=threw i could be wrong about that. never tired it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Upon opening Preware this morning, I noticed that all of my patches needed to be updated. The only one that wouldn't update was 3000 Autoreplace Words, which was automatically deleted. Now, when I go to re-install it, it comes up with an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Where are the inital 3000 word corrections from? Are similar lists available from google for german?
    That is really cool.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123