Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    same here, installed via preware
    tried it on the messages and email, does't work
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Doesn't work for me either. I installed via Preware and have rebooted, but typing things like th (the), ade (made), chnges (changes) don't do anything, as I assume they should...
    Yep, nothing here as well. Tried it first by webOSquick install and today by preware.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Actually, I think this might be working properly.. It's just, due to lack of explanation of how this functions (or the top 3000 words), it's been confusing to test.

Although "ade," for "made," won't work, try typing "msde," or "perfext," which will autocorrect to "perfect."

Basically, try switching one letter in a word to a nearby key instead of omitting a letter altogether. I'm not sure whether this is stock 1.3.1 behaviour or not though, or if this is down to the patch - can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by StevenX; 11/27/2009 at 07:56 AM.
    a full reboot, as opposed to a luna reboot, is required i believe.
    I can't see any effect from this patch either. I have done a full reboot and tried loads of different typos, none of which auto-corrected.

Has anyone actually got this working?
    Installed and did a full reboot. Seems to be working for me, at least using the "msde" for "made" example. I'll keep playing with it and see if it continues to work as intended.
    Install went fine with preware. Works with the autoreplace word examples above. Anybody have a link to the 3,000 word list? TIA!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    If you download the patch, you can see the changes in plain text.

What I don't like about this patch is that some words, I don't want auto-corrected. "Fam" goes to "fan"... sometimes I abbreviate family to fam. Also sh!t (the real word) goes to shot... not what I meant. So it's almost overkill for me.

I wish palm would do in-line spell check like most (all?) other smartphones on the market.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    If you download the patch, you can see the changes in plain text.

What I don't like about this patch is that some words, I don't want auto-corrected. "Fam" goes to "fan"... sometimes I abbreviate family to fam. Also sh!t (the real word) goes to shot... not what I meant. So it's almost overkill for me.

I wish palm would do in-line spell check like most (all?) other smartphones on the market.
    Yup, just tried this out myself - if you download the patch on p1 of this thread, unzip it and view it in Notepad (or whatever text editing program you want to use), you can see all of the corrections.

If you don't want some words autocorrected (like fam and sh!t), couldn't you just hunt these down in the .patch file, remove the entries and install manually by WOSQI?..

Diomark: for those of us with an already edited dictionary (i.e. everyone who's installed this), maybe you could help us with instructions on how to add/remove corrections by modifying the .patch file? How would we go about this? (Perhaps you could help us with a patch which restores the original dictionary if that's necessary before we make edits?) Do we just edit the file then re-install it by WOSQI? And why do some entries have a + beside them and some don't?
    Also, any idea why any of the corrections involving "," don't seem to work? For example, ",e" is supposed to autocorrect to "me" but doesn't..
    It also corrects some words that shouldnt be corrected. Like nap corrects to map or noon to moon.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's weird when people keep asking why I keep refering to myself as Dean Smith (first name is sean).

I'm just gonna go by Dean from now on, holler.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    When attempting to install, I get errors. "can't find file to patch at input line 5" Any thoughts?
    I had this and it worked. Around the same time, I started seeing a ton of lag in all apps all over the phone; I didn't connect it with this patch. I uninstalled this patch because it started to annoy me; all of a sudden my lag is 100% gone. Dr. Podder was especially bad, and this was the only patch I removed to fix it completely. I believe this patch makes the phone run SIGNIFICANTLY slower, just wanted to post my experience.

Thanks for the effort though, it was a good idea and in no way am I hating on the developer. I just started getting annoyed when I look at sent messages and "Yo" is changed to "To" and stuff like that, then when I removed it the lag disappeared, seems to be a problematic patch.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    i get more errors with this patch than with my own lack of spelling. turns "Tom" to like "Tim", "un" to "in", "Cars" to "card" and any number of other words that in with an "s" to a different word. would be great if it didn't modify actual real word in to other words. i only need it to work when i misspell something.
  15. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Also, any idea why any of the corrections involving "," don't seem to work? For example, ",e" is supposed to autocorrect to "me" but doesn't..
    The way it was explained to me in the past was simply put, any 'errors' involving a comma will never be corrected by the dictionary.
    it would be nice if c were corrected to see lol it does not as of now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I had this and it worked. Around the same time, I started seeing a ton of lag in all apps all over the phone; I didn't connect it with this patch. I uninstalled this patch because it started to annoy me; all of a sudden my lag is 100% gone. Dr. Podder was especially bad, and this was the only patch I removed to fix it completely. I believe this patch makes the phone run SIGNIFICANTLY slower, just wanted to post my experience.

Thanks for the effort though, it was a good idea and in no way am I hating on the developer. I just started getting annoyed when I look at sent messages and "Yo" is changed to "To" and stuff like that, then when I removed it the lag disappeared, seems to be a problematic patch.
    are you sure your not talking about auto correct edit ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The only solution for those that already have an edited dictionary is to a) put the original /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace file there, then run the patch, or b) replace /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace with this file (thus replacing the dictionary there manually with this 3k word list) attached. - afterwards, you can still use the autocorrect edit to make changes to this dictionary. (note though - since you're replacing your dictionary with this one, you'd lose whatever edits you've already done..)

-mark
    At least for me, autocorrect edit has a file called 'personalchanges'. If you just copy and paste what you have in there to the bottom of your 3k word list, you should be able to go ahead and replace without losing any of your edits.
    Does this patch only work for users with US English enabled??...etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/

I cant get it working on my GSM pre...I think I use etc/palm/autoreplace/en_gb/

Gx
    i'v added the 3k Autoreplace words v1.3.1-20 & it wont do any extra(like stuff that my pre already did correct) correcting at least for the messaging am i missing another patch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast