Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    WIth my previous Palm incarnations, I was able to automatically set up a BCC to myself without entering it each and everytime I send an email. This is useful to me so that I can keep a copy of each email I send on my main computer.

Is this possible on the Pre.

Thanks,

Ryan
    I really miss automatic BCC from my Treo.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I really miss automatic BCC from my Treo.

- Craig

Apparently we are the only ones.
    I too miss the automatic BCC I had on my Centro. I was disappointed when it wasn't included in the Pre email app.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I would like this too.
    just got home from verizon hoping this omission by palm was fixed in the pre plus - it's not.

to me, it's a phone [deal] killer. why they'd remove features that they used to support in old phones is tough to understand. the guy standing next to me felt the same way - we both walked out.

/napuy
    *BUMP* for great justice!

Somewhat related,
    IMAP checking all favorite folders, not just 'inbox' for new messages would be swell.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    +1
    This has to be a simple patch!

I'm sick of BCC'ing myself!
    Someone fill me in, why would you want to bcc yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Auto BCC is standard on pretty much every smartphone.

Not all email supports IMAP.

Some would rather have a physical copy BCC'd than rely on a sync.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post

So that you could keep a copy of all emails that you sent on your computer and not have to keep them on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    So that you could keep a copy of all emails that you sent on your computer and not have to keep them on your phone.
    doesn't your email have sent folder? (i'm not trying to argue or anything, it's just that i don't get it.. I guess if i actually send important emails i'd know..)
    what ever happened to the days text messages with auto repeat
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    doesn't your email have sent folder? (i'm not trying to argue or anything, it's just that i don't get it.. I guess if i actually send important emails i'd know..)
    Yes there is a sent folder on my Pre.

I am out of the office quite a bit yet have to communicate with customers so I rely on my Pre for email. With Snappermail on my Treo 300, 600, 650, 755p, I could BCC myself so that a backup copy of all my sent correspondence to my customers was stored on my computer in my office. That way if I needed to reference an email that I sent to a customer two months ago, I could open up Outlook and there was a folder titled "Sent from Treo" which housed all my emails that I sent with my Treo. That way I did not have to keep hundreds (thousands?) of emails cluttering up the sent folder of my phone.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of users who would like this feature, but can also barely program my TV remote - let alone a webOS patch to make this possible.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Same here as I run my own company I'm finding myself out of the office more and more and responding to emails that i need copies of to CYA. this would be a boon
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Count me in for wanting the patch for auto BCC as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast