Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Installed fine as a placeholder for me from PreWare... I don't have time to update it, but if xanthinealkaloid wants to do it again I can post it. :-)
    Done & submitted the update to Preware.

Here's the patch file for anyone who's eager.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Woo hoo! I use this one a lot for saving images to use as wallpaper, I like being able to do that without opening the keyboard.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Is there any work being done on this for 1.4.1? I found I did use this more than I thought I would but it's not available anymore... (Though oddly the add-on for the context menu is still available through preware...)
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    Is there any work being done on this for 1.4.1? I found I did use this more than I thought I would but it's not available anymore... (Though oddly the add-on for the context menu is still available through preware...)
    xanthinealkaloid has already submitted the update. Should show up in a couple days on preware.
    o_O Clearly I am blind...

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by starkillers View Post
    tried installing it again after patch said was updated for 1.4.11 and not only did it give me an ipkg error it removed my placeholder as well... Tried several times and still unable to install properly
    +1

I can't get the patch off my device.

Every time I go to "Tweaks" on WOSQI it wants to update but fails. I tried uninstalling through WOSQI and Preware and its always a ipkg error.

Anyway to hard uninstall it?
    I was able to reinstall the place holder and it is now working ok. Just waiting for preware to add the 1.4.1.1. Thanks guys.
  8. o0o
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    +1

I can't get the patch off my device.

Every time I go to "Tweaks" on WOSQI it wants to update but fails. I tried uninstalling through WOSQI and Preware and its always a ipkg error.

Anyway to hard uninstall it?
    Same, can't update or remove. Keep getting an IPKG error:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    I just had an idea similar to this one for a patch...Create a simpler shortcut for the "Screen Capture" to allow us to use it as a photo cropper! If it was added to the menu in the photos app titled "crop photo" it would be even sicker!
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o View Post
    Same, can't update or remove. Keep getting an IPKG error:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Ok, this may help, though I had different error messages than you folks:

Some time ago I had 6 of these "won't die, won't update" patches. EPR wouldn't touch 'em.

As near as I can tell it had nothing to do with any particular patch, different problem patches on different phones. So don't blame this patch's author. This Patch was not on either phone.

Finally after much searching I came upon this solution:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-1-4-a-2.html

And the grand solution, once I found it was really REALLY straightforward:

In Webos Quick Install go > Tool > Linux Commandline. In the box type something like (you will wish to substitute your bad app, for details see the other thread):

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app

It says (Linux long blah blah) that it's deleting it, repeated for others, restarted the Pre and <trumpets> they were gone!

Reinstalled them, they work! Happy happy, joy joy!

Thanks GoGayleGo, and egaudet

Make sure and check out Eric's (egaudet) warnings in that post about using this fix. It may be a bad thing, but I have had no problem with phone since.

In case the above link doesn't show for everyone: PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > web OS Development > Cannot Unpatch 1.4 > page 2

Good luck!

My thanks button no work!
  11. o0o
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goky View Post
    Ok, this may help, though I had different error messages than you folks:

Some time ago I had 6 of these "won't die, won't update" patches. EPR wouldn't touch 'em.

As near as I can tell it had nothing to do with any particular patch, different problem patches on different phones. So don't blame this patch's author. This Patch was not on either phone.

Finally after much searching I came upon this solution:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-1-4-a-2.html

And the grand solution, once I found it was really REALLY straightforward:

In Webos Quick Install go > Tool > Linux Commandline. In the box type something like (you will wish to substitute your bad app, for details see the other thread):

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app

It says (Linux long blah blah) that it's deleting it, repeated for others, restarted the Pre and <trumpets> they were gone!

Reinstalled them, they work! Happy happy, joy joy!

Thanks GoGayleGo, and egaudet

Make sure and check out Eric's (egaudet) warnings in that post about using this fix. It may be a bad thing, but I have had no problem with phone since.

In case the above link doesn't show for everyone: PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > web OS Development > Cannot Unpatch 1.4 > page 2

Good luck!
    Thanks! Removed and updated!
    Hey, two days ago I fired Preware and it updated this patch, and now the menu appears, but if I tap "open in new card" it opens but also opens the link in the current card, what gives?

I'm using 1.4.0 btw

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hey, two days ago I fired Preware and it updated this patch, and now the menu appears, but if I tap "open in new card" it opens but also opens the link in the current card, what gives?

I'm using 1.4.0 btw

Thanks
    +1 I'm having the same problem too.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    +1 I'm having the same problem too.
    In 1.4.0 or 1.4.1?
    1.4.0 I'm on a VZW Pre+
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

I'm using 1.4.0 btw

Thanks
    1.4.0 I'm on a VZW Pre+

Not sure... I would try removing and reinstalling. If you have your PreWare update set to manual, make sure you update before trying. NuttyBunny, are you on verizon as well?
    zinge,

Thanks for the help but that didn't work. What files does this patch modify? I wanna try repairing those files and then reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Not sure... I would try removing and reinstalling. If you have your PreWare update set to manual, make sure you update before trying. NuttyBunny, are you on verizon as well?
    didn't work here either, 1.4.0, Telcel
  19.    #79  
    zinge,

Thanks for the help but that didn't work. What files does this patch modify? I wanna try repairing those files and then reinstall?
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    and
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs ($although$ $the$ $framework$ $number$ $is$ $probably$ $different$ $if$ $you$'$re$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$0$
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast