Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hello out there...

I've tried to install this patch multiple times from Preware... each time I try, I get an error during the install, but it actually shows up as one of my installed patches. So now when I attempt to remove or update the patch, I get errors. Here's a copy of my IPKG Log... please help if possible! Thanx in advance...

IPKG Log

Confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Prerm
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context-menu/browser-gestureclick-context-menu.patch: No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context-menu.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context=menu/browser-gestureclick-context-menu.patch: no such file

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script
    I would to see a patch that makes the ev in the top of the phone to 3g I think it looks better !!! Is it possible?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    Hello out there...

I've tried to install this patch multiple times from Preware... each time I try, I get an error during the install, but it actually shows up as one of my installed patches. So now when I attempt to remove or update the patch, I get errors. Here's a copy of my IPKG Log... please help if possible! Thanx in advance...

IPKG Log

Confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Prerm
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context-menu/browser-gestureclick-context-menu.patch: No such file or directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context-menu.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gestureclick-context=menu/browser-gestureclick-context-menu.patch: no such file

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script
    Sorry, I'm really not sure whats going wrong. That looks like something you'd have to ask the Preware guys about.
    Thanx that might have to be my next step oh well thanx again anyway!
    Maybe I'm alone on this but wouldn't it be better if you could set this patch to default to open link in a new browser card and skip selecting it from the context menu?

That's all I'd use it for and skipping that part would make it much faster.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Maybe I'm alone on this but wouldn't it be better if you could set this patch to default to open link in a new browser card and skip selecting it from the context menu?

That's all I'd use it for and skipping that part would make it much faster.
    That probably makes sense... although there would be no confirmation that it registered the click, and I think I'd find myself accidentally opening up the same link in a bunch of tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    That probably makes sense... although there would be no confirmation that it registered the click, and I think I'd find myself accidentally opening up the same link in a bunch of tabs.
    The way I see it functioning is that as soon as you hold down the orange key and tap a link it will go to card view and open a new card so you wouldn't physically be able to tap a bunch of times without seeing something happen.

Also maybe a registered tap would include haptic feedback?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    The way I see it functioning is that as soon as you hold down the orange key and tap a link it will go to card view and open a new card so you wouldn't physically be able to tap a bunch of times without seeing something happen.

Also maybe a registered tap would include haptic feedback?
    Can you start a new patch request thread for it? I'm kinda swamped with work at the moment, so I won't be able to take a look at it for a while.
    hi,

I'm on a German Palm Pre and today I've installed webOS 1.4. I left the patches (including Gesture+Click Browser Context Menu) installed hoping that AUPT works correctly . So far everything went well and I've updated my patches through Preware.

Now this patch doesn't seem to work at all. I reinstalled it but still no context menu for me

Does this patch work for U.S. Pres?

Thanks for any help!

[EDIT]
    Sorry guys, my mistake. I've just seen that this patch has been moved to the "Unavailable" Category within Preware. I'll just wait till it gets available again
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by CuckooPre; 02/27/2010 at 06:49 AM.
    zinge,

Oh do I miss this patch... do you have any free time this week to port it over to 1.4?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    zinge,

Oh do I miss this patch... do you have any free time this week to port it over to 1.4?
    It should be a simple port... I dont really have free time, but I'll see what I can do. I need to get the most recent version of the patch file from dbsooner though.
    I'm such a patch junkie.

I ported this one for myself last night.

Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I'm such a patch junkie.

I ported this one for myself last night.

Nice. If you haven't already, mind if I throw it up on the patch portal?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Nice. If you haven't already, mind if I throw it up on the patch portal?
    No prob by me...I didn't do that part.

15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    No prob by me...I didn't do that part.

Cool, thanks. I submitted the update, which means hopefully in a couple days (I assume they are catching up with a large influx of patch updates) it should be up on PreWare. I added your name as well.
    This is a great patch! I didn't use it before, but now that I have been using the Virtual Keyboad a lot; I have found this really useful. I just have one question. When I hold the Gesture bar, and then click an image for download; a lot of times only a few options come up; like opening the picture in a new card. But when I use the Orange-Key, and click on the very same photo; all of the options come up. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
    update 1.4.1.1 seems to have broken this patch. This is by far my favorite browser patch. Any idea of if and when we will see this updated? Thanks
    same here ... Broken in 1.4.1.1 .. Doesn't update via preware... Removed package and attempted reinstall with no sucess
    tried installing it again after patch said was updated for 1.4.11 and not only did it give me an ipkg error it removed my placeholder as well... Tried several times and still unable to install properly
  20.    #60  
    Installed fine as a placeholder for me from PreWare... I don't have time to update it, but if xanthinealkaloid wants to do it again I can post it. :-)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast