Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    this is the correct patch here..it should work, at least it did for me that is
    Attached Files Attached Files
    not sure how you got it to work for you fritos, after I downloaded and installed the patch you posted, I got the same error as I posted above....on the emulator and on my pre....

jmartino2011
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    not sure how you got it to work for you fritos, after I downloaded and installed the patch you posted, I got the same error as I posted above....on the emulator and on my pre....

jmartino2011
    im guessing because i have the multi mod..did u have it installed before u did this patch.?
    howdy, so i edited the two files on commandline (the line that has to be edited in the framework file is at 26713, not 26666, when opened in Putty) and the gesture+click works! so, i'm not sure what is going on with the patch. maybe you could make a page at Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals and describe the process for now until maybe somebody can solve what is going on with the patch.
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    fritos: yeah, I have multi mod 1.3.1-0 installed on my phone, but not on my emulator....so it didn't work with either. why would you think that this enabled you to install the patch?
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    howdy, so i edited the two files on commandline (the line that has to be edited in the framework file is at 26713, not 26666, when opened in Putty) and the gesture+click works! so, i'm not sure what is going on with the patch. maybe you could make a page at Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals and describe the process for now until maybe somebody can solve what is going on with the patch.
    it worked for me at line 26666...hmmm
    no clue how it worked for me but heres an image working properly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    oh yeah, i mean, the change in code works, i just can't get it to install via the patch process, using yours, his, or the one i created myself
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
  9.    #29  
    oh yeah, i mean, the change in code works, i just can't get it to install via the patch process, using yours, his, or the one i created myself
    Thanks for the help...

I used the 1.3.1 doctor for source files, and I can patch it by hand with no problem. For some reason (once I fix the file location thing, thanks btw), it worked for me with WOSQI 2.82, but got hunk failed messages on 2.9.

Its a really simple patch once you find the line and files, but I'm not really sure how the patcher in WOSQI works, so I can't figure out whats wrong.
    i suggest you send this to jason via a PM and ask if he can figure it out...not sure if he will, but you can always try
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
  11.    #31  
    i suggest you send this to jason via a PM and ask if he can figure it out...not sure if he will, but you can always try
    I'll let him know when I get a chance... Kinda busy from now until after Thanksgiving though.
    Installed this via Preware and it's great. How about email too? Messaging doesn't support orange + click.
    I got this installed via Preware today. It's working, but as soon as I release the gesture area to press on an option, the browser ends up going to the new page before I can tell it to open in a new card. With the default orange button setup, I have to let go of the orange button before picking an option and doing the same thing doesn't work with this.

Edit: as it turns out, it's reacting to the link click regardless of whether I keep holding the gesture area or not.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I got this installed via Preware today. It's working, but as soon as I release the gesture area to press on an option, the browser ends up going to the new page before I can tell it to open in a new card. With the default orange button setup, I have to let go of the orange button before picking an option and doing the same thing doesn't work with this.

Edit: as it turns out, it's reacting to the link click regardless of whether I keep holding the gesture area or not.
    Interesting... its working for me, but it may be residual from when I installed it before it was on PreWare. Can anyone else confirm this? There are 2 lines that are patched; one opens up the menu, and the other stops the browser from reacting to the click; so if this is really happening for everyone, its just a problem with the second line in the preware version of the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Interesting... its working for me, but it may be residual from when I installed it before it was on PreWare. Can anyone else confirm this? There are 2 lines that are patched; one opens up the menu, and the other stops the browser from reacting to the click; so if this is really happening for everyone, its just a problem with the second line in the preware version of the patch.
    well i dont have the one from preware installed..i installed it using webQI and the when tapping the link with the gesture seems to work fine, it doesnt go through but it does bring up the menu so seems fine with me
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

same here
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    This is exactly what I needed and it works perfectly for me! Thank You zinge!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    same here
    And you both used the PreWare version?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    And you both used the PreWare version?
    i think i used quick install...
    will try preware.
    thanks
    Global Posts