Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this was possible on the old treo's and I really miss this feature. Example your are getting a phone call and instead of just ignoring the call you had the option to send a text message instead of just ingorning the call. Can this be done inside the phone app? Or even after you ignore the call when the call back or dismiss option comes up?

Here is a link to what i am talking about.
    Ignore Call Via SMS Comes to the Treo 650
    http://www.everythingtreo.com/images...-with-text.jpg
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @skinneejay

Thank you!! I was JUST going to post a request for this!!!!

WE NEED THIS!!!!
  3.    #3  
    Your welcome. Hopefully one of the developers will agree with us.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Maybe a little over the top, but it would be cool if you could configure something on your calendar -- maybe have an option on the reminder to ignore calls with message XYZ.
    We definitely need this!
    +1
    it can be done i know...all u have to do is add a button for when u have an incoming call
    then afterwards make that button set to open up the compose view from the messaging app or a quick text perhaps? the tricky part would be having the contact show up or getting its info..this seems pretty cool though
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Maybe a little over the top, but it would be cool if you could configure something on your calendar -- maybe have an option on the reminder to ignore calls with message XYZ.
    Now THIS would be absolutely awesome!

I have meetings/interviews where I can't be disturbed. I would love the ability to add "In an interview right now, I'll call you when I'm done" to the calendar, and if/when I get a call, the text automatically pre-populates a response to that caller with that text language, and all I have to do is confirm to send it (I don't want it automatically sent).
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    it can be done i know...all u have to do is add a button for when u have an incoming call
    then afterwards make that button set to open up the compose view from the messaging app or a quick text perhaps? the tricky part would be having the contact show up or getting its info..this seems pretty cool though
    the info is already in the phone app, could just call the messaging app with a prepopulated message or call up a list of prepopulated messages to then send.... hmmmm.... would be interesting to see how it's done..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    why didn't this get legs? This is one of the biggest most frustrating features left out of webOS. Have many moments when I can't take a call and want to do a quick reply with a text, but it just becomes cumbersome to have to type in the person's name or get to the call log to get to them and an SMS to send a reply. Especially when it's probably obvious that you're in the middle of something so simple and quick would be best.

Has to be the biggest convenience feature that didn't carry over from PalmOS.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I think this would be a very useful feature!
    It is sort of already there. Once you have rejected the call, you can look in the call list and see an arrow next to the call entry. Tap that and tap the SMS icon next to the number you want, it will launch a txt message for you. Close enough for me, even though I think the PalmOOS interface was a bit easier
    Agree 100%, this is a feature I really miss from my 755p
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Agree 100%, this is a feature I really miss from my 755p
    ...but did you try the suggestion I just posted above/
    Would love to see this feature ! With support of a custom message.
    that is still cumbersome when you're in the middle of something. On the treo it was one button press and start typing. Youf workaround doesn't come close and it's what we already do. Besides, dismissing a call doesn't take you to your call log so yo have to ignore the call, hit the phone button, hit call log, tap on the box, then hit sms. This is an acceptable work around how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...but did you try the suggestion I just posted above/
    +1
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I really miss this feature form my centro....
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    that is still cumbersome when you're in the middle of something. On the treo it was one button press and start typing. Youf workaround doesn't come close and it's what we already do. Besides, dismissing a call doesn't take you to your call log so yo have to ignore the call, hit the phone button, hit call log, tap on the box, then hit sms. This is an acceptable work around how?
    Use the patch that leaves the phone open. It will move to the list automatically after the call. It's two taps instead of one if you are set up the way I am configured.

Tap on ignore and call list comes up, tap on arrow next to call, tap on sms icon, and you are in the same exact place... 3 taps with the thumb instead of 1 tap, but I don't find it any more cumbersome because it's still one handed... but that's me.

I use the patch that keeps the phone open, because it's a phone first. That seems to improve performance when a call comes in. I also have my msg app always open to save load time when sending a txt, whether to a missed call or just by using the type to search because when I choose the contact I don't have to wait for the msg app to load. I find that with the phone and msg app open all the time, it feels very close to my Treo/Centro experience.

If you aren't able to do this in three taps, then something is different in my config that I may have forgotten. Please try this and let me know. I felt the same way as you do until I came up with this combination and the patch to leave the phone card open...

Try it a few times and see if you can do it with two taps...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Considering the fact that it's been on the Treo, I'm shocked Palm didn't implement this from day one. I realize that they had to modify many things for the cloud, but this was a nice little feature. Hope someone smart figures out how to add in a patch, as that would be incredible!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast