Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...but did you try the suggestion I just posted above/
    it's a good suggestion but seems to add extra steps... Liked the way the function worked on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    it's a good suggestion but seems to add extra steps... Liked the way the function worked on my Treo.
    I agree, but all three taps are in almost the exact same spot so I can do it without having to move my focus to the phone. I can do it within the time that I glance and the phone and hit the red button. Tap, tap, tap... type, send.

Try it for a few days and I think you will find it becomes pretty comfortable.
    cantaffordit...appreciate the tip, but I never use the phone app and don't want it open after calls. It's a rarity for me to use the dialer. I have the speed dial app or I'm just typing in a name from scratch or I'm tapping a number I've pulled from the web. So I don't want my dialer up. Appreciate the work around, but focusing on that defeats the purpose of the thread and getting a patch done to bring back the functionality.
    +1 add this and the ability to send meeting invites from calendar and i am almost back to the missing pieces from my treo (no way to patch a new keyboard is there? )
    still not the same, but a step in the right direction. Think more people need to bug Palm via their feedback about needing this feature. The tech guys I talked to said they do listen, and if enough people request it, they look into trying to implement it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12