Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Just wondering if it would be possible to have a patch to remove the launcher icon from the bottom bar and replace it with another app icon. I never actually use it anyway, I always use a swipe to bring up my apps
    ++1....my sentiments exactly. Another app here instead would be great...seems like I am one short!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Not only would I like the real estate the launcher icon is squatting on, I would like a few more spots (specifically 8). Posts asking for this go back to the summer, and this patch is listed in WebOS Internals' "Patch Ideas to be Created or in Progress" list, but I've seen no indications that it's "in progress." Considering the level of desire for this patch, I assume someone is working on it; but considering the time that has passed since the first request went out, I'm guessing it's much more difficult than removing apps from the launcher or functions from other menus.
    I have opposite request, have launcher icon as only one in quick launch bar, but have it stay in the same position instead of going to the center when all others are removed. Just for looks.

Why I need just the quick launch icon? Because virtual keyboard does not stick to the launcher if the swipe action is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have opposite request, have launcher icon as only one in quick launch bar, but have it stay in the same position instead of going to the center when all others are removed. Just for looks.

Why I need just the quick launch icon? Because virtual keyboard does not stick to the launcher if the swipe action is used.
    Sorry to go off topic on this thread. Why exactly do you want osk stuck to the launcher? doesn't it cover your apps then?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Sorry to go off topic on this thread. Why exactly do you want osk stuck to the launcher? doesn't it cover your apps then?
    Universal Search. Since the the virtual keyboard now works from the launcher, it is sometimes more efficient to launch apps that way. If you are like me and you have 4x4 icons and extra launcher pages, it's easier to launch obscure apps by typing a few keys and hit enter instead of all that swiping and scrolling. Device info for example.

It even works for bookmarks added to the launcher and phone calls.

So I just have 3 rows of icon (4X4) at the top and the keyboard at the bottom, and I can still swipe and scroll if I want to.

I swear sometimes I dont even remember what's on what page. Plus it FUN.
    Last edited by laingman; 11/11/2009 at 05:03 AM.
    look for the NoMo QL theme and you have no more quick launch bar its that simple .

and @Laingman just drag and drop the icons off the quick launch bar
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look for the NoMo QL theme and you have no more quick launch bar its that simple .

and @Laingman just drag and drop the icons off the quick launch bar
    I tried that but the icon goes to the middle when its the only one there. bummer.
    if you can find madolen, I think that's his name , from prethemer he might be able to make a theme to fit your needs. So if you see the thread about theme requests go talk to him. Or prethemer web site
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have removed the Quick Launch bar so I now use the wave. But that doesn't change the fact that the Launcher icon is a waste of space. When I can swipe up to get to the launcher, why is it so damned necessary to have a button for it too? Someone give us the option of removing the Launcher icon so I can add my email icon! That way, I can have phone, calendar, text, contacts, and email (or any other FIVE that I choose).
    @ponyfool why don't you develop it???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I have removed the Quick Launch bar so I now use the wave. But that doesn't change the fact that the Launcher icon is a waste of space.
    +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @ponyfool why don't you develop it???
    You have any idea how much I wish I had the skills (or time) to do such things?
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    Just wondering if it would be possible to have a patch to remove the launcher icon from the bottom bar and replace it with another app icon. I never actually use it anyway, I always use a swipe to bring up my apps
    +1, i want phone, email, calendar, message and web on it.
    +1

The ideal is a patch to hide the dock (allow app icons to use the entire space) and allow 8-10 apps in the wave (and get rid of the launcher icon)

Please palm or please patchers!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    +1

The ideal is a patch to hide the dock (allow app icons to use the entire space) and allow 8-10 apps in the wave (and get rid of the launcher icon)

Please palm or please patchers!
    The remove launcher bar patch already exists, and it works in 1.3.1, for anyone who was unaware of it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-launcher.html
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I have removed the Quick Launch bar so I now use the wave. But that doesn't change the fact that the Launcher icon is a waste of space. When I can swipe up to get to the launcher, why is it so damned necessary to have a button for it too? Someone give us the option of removing the Launcher icon so I can add my email icon! That way, I can have phone, calendar, text, contacts, and email (or any other FIVE that I choose).
    PonyFool, I like that idea! How did you remove the bar from the bottom all together??? I would like to do that and just use the upswipe as well! That will also make my theme look cooler! Let me know man!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    any word on this?

and this has nothing to do with hiding the quick launch Bar this is replacing the quick launch icon (the little arrow at the right) with a more useful icon of your choosing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast