1.    #1  
    Is there any way to add the heros feature where when the phones ringing you just flip it over to silence it seems plausible with the pres accelerometer and all thanks
    Certainly possible, but I don't know how many people are gonna want to put their Pre face-down on the screen. Don't forget the Hero has that little chin to protect the screen when it's face-down.
  3.    #3  
    yes that thought occurred to me as well the thing is i have a nice little snap on case that protects my phones front and for those that don't aren't they resting it on the handy sleeping bag palm included with it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes that thought occurred to me as well the thing is i have a nice little snap on case that protects my phones front and for those that don't aren't they resting it on the handy sleeping bag palm included with it
    Personally, I don't use the case it came with, as I use a belt holster. I frequently keep it on a table when in a meeting...I wouldn't turn it over - it's just as easy to hit the power button twice.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Personally, I don't use the case it came with, as I use a belt holster. I frequently keep it on a table when in a meeting...I wouldn't turn it over - it's just as easy to hit the power button twice.
    I wasn't aware that pressing power button twice sent a call to voicemail but it's just as well my power button is pretty hard to press with the case on cmon im sure i can't be the only one who would find some use for this patch
    i think it would be cool to show off, i prolly wouldnt use it much as when i get an unwanted call i hit the pw button once just to silence the call. i'd rather people not know if im by my phone so i dont send straight to voicemail
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Probably it'd add to memory usage... You'd have to have the accelerometer listening at all times.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Probably it'd add to memory usage... You'd have to have the accelerometer listening at all times.
    Then im at a loss as to how the hero does it it has less memory and a slower processor maybe just to trigger accelerometer when a call is incoming
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I wasn't aware that pressing power button twice sent a call to voicemail but it's just as well my power button is pretty hard to press with the case on cmon im sure i can't be the only one who would find some use for this patch
    Yep, power button once to silence the ringer, a second time to ignore / send to VM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Nahh it could use the light proximity sensor i would have thought, similar to how the pre detects its next to your ear in a call, place your hand on the phone whilst dialing the screen will go off =)
    You could subscribe to the event listener when the call comes in, and unsubscribe when it's answered, dismissed, or missed.
    this would be freakin awesome. I would use this quiet a bit. I get a lot of emails at night and it would be nice to just be able to flip it over. I have that invisible shield on my pre so Im not too concerned with scratching it. I don't want to silence it completely because i want to make sure i will here the pone ring in case of an emergency
    the accelerometer is firing off events every 250ms no matter if the mojo is doing something with it or not. I don't think it would have much impact for the phone app to be connected to these events.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    the accelerometer is firing off events every 250ms no matter if the mojo is doing something with it or not. I don't think it would have much impact for the phone app to be connected to these events.
    Aah, that makes sense, yeah. Not sure why I didn't realize that, but thanks.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    this would be freakin awesome. I would use this quiet a bit. I get a lot of emails at night and it would be nice to just be able to flip it over. I have that invisible shield on my pre so Im not too concerned with scratching it. I don't want to silence it completely because i want to make sure i will here the pone ring in case of an emergency
    Glad someone else would want this
    Im into this too ergo BUMP