1.    #1  
    hey guys i am going to be getting my pre the coming week at the moment im using an iphone i think pre will complete me LOL anwyays i was wodnering as i have read so many reviews on the net of the pre the one problem everyone mentioned was that boot time fo the pre being welll over 1:30 secs which is why im opening this thread asking if anyone palns on developing a hack or a way to speed up the boot time. thanks for reading.sorry for my bad english.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    A patch won't fix the time it takes to power on the phone.
  3.    #3  
    so there has to be someway of disabling some useless services which run at boot ,well palm pre shoudlnt be any different then any other phone out there because all of them have quite a few useless processes running at boot.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garryb View Post
    so there has to be someway of disabling some useless services which run at boot ,well palm pre shoudlnt be any different then any other phone out there because all of them have quite a few useless processes running at boot.
    if you are looking for a phone that powers on quickly this is not the phone for you.

/thread
    Clarification: the phone powers on in milliseconds. Yes, rebooting takes minutes, but there is really no need to ever reboot (at least not regularly)
    I believe most people don't turn their Pre off (like ever) ... I know I don't. I put it in 'airplane mode' when I go to sleep and turn it back on in the morning. In 'airplane mode' it is essentially "off" and uses almost no battery. It does need to be rebooted occasionally because of memory leaks (it slows down), but even that seems to be less often since the last update, and I usually just do a soft boot (orange-sym-R).

The boot time is a non-issue to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by garryb View Post
    Just an inevitablity of booting a sophisticated multi-tasking operating system. (Simple phone = short boot time)
  8.    #8  
    so thats what i waned to know really becaue as im an iphone user and well most people will know that iphone does crash and needs rebooting quite often like once in 3days so as you guys says that pre is quite reliable and never crashes so ill take your word on that.
    I have to reboot my Pre far less than I have to reboot my iPod Touch.

But it would be nice if Palm could figure out a way to speed up the process.