Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    After taking a snapshot, most people want to see the picture right away. With the Pre, there isn't a quick way to show the last photo taken. You have to press the little "photos" button, wait for the Photos app to load, then press the Photo Roll button, wait for them all to display, then press the first picture to see the photo you just snapped! Ridiculous!

I think a patch to leave the last photo displayed on the screen would be great. Then the user would press any key or simply tap the green shutter key on-screen again to remove the snapshot and prepare the camera for the next picture to be taken.

What's really frustrating is that, if you minimize the camera app, the last photo is displayed with a faded effect. So, the camera app still has the image in memory, it just won't show it to us.

Is a patch to leave it displayed possible?
    Last edited by markbugs; 11/07/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    +1, plus, add a delete button on snapshot please, i really need that.
    great idea, should have been like this from the start.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Anyone think this can be done?
    well this would be nice but in the mean time. if you press the little photo button. the pic will display after the photo album opens with nothing else needing to be pushed. just wait it will happen. if you leave it up and go back to the camera and take another pic. than minimize and switch back the photo album the pic you just took will be waiting for you with no buttons needing to be pushed.

so the real trick is before you even take a pic you can open the camera and hit the pic icon so you will have them both open. than you can switch back and forth from camera to pictures. and delete them if needed.

just think of the camera as 2 apps not just one. i know it sucks
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've played with having both camera and photo apps open... it's still just silly to have to switch to the photo app to see the photo when the camera app still has a copy of the last picture in memory.

Any of you patch experts care to take a crack at this one? I know this would be a fantastic addition to our current set of patches!
    Last edited by markbugs; 11/10/2009 at 12:01 PM.
    I agree also and especially the quick delete last photo that's annoying
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Wow, 1.3.1 came up with a solution for this problem... sweet! Now after you take a picture, pressing the little photos icon QUICKLY takes you directly to the first page of the photo app without opening a new card. It is immediately showing you the photo you just took. Swiping back takes you back to the camera app quickly. This is a perfect fix.