Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Here ya go. Hopefully this is what you guys were expecting
    Attached Files Attached Files
    lephilwld likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    r all these patches going on preware...bc i notice they do take a long time to get there

Update: wow this patch is amazing!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    r all these patches going on preware...bc i notice they do take a long time to get there

Update: wow this patch is amazing!!!
    I've submitted ever single one of my patches. WebOS-Internals hand reviews each patch. Bug them, not me
    I've submitted ever single one of my patches. WebOS-Internals hand reviews each patch. Bug them, not me
    ahhhhh pppttthhhh...ight man thanks lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

u know wut would be sick...if u could also add the same kind of patch but one for the display and one for the keyboard...just like brightness unlinked....ive been waiting for a stable release anyways but its been way too long...maybe a patch could fix that?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Jason you are the man!! I didn't realize I needed a brightness tweak until I installed this. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    awesome, thanks, how do you guys take screenshots and get them on here?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    awesome, thanks, how do you guys take screenshots and get them on here?
    http://www.precentral.net/how-take-screenshots-pre
    You are a rock star. Thank you for all of your hard work.
    It is better than I could have imagined. I am using it all of the time.

[EDIT] OK, that is as simple to remove as it was to install!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    It is better than I could have imagined. I am using it all of the time.

OK, tell me again how I remove a patch I installed directly as a patch file using WOQI?

- Craig
    tools device management and go to patches and look for the patch put a check mark and hit uninstall and w8 for luna restart
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Copied from another thread...

Anybody feel like making a keyboard combo to toggle the keyboard backlight, like KB Lights Off did in PalmOS?!? Option + Ringer switch, perhaps?

I would've preferred a keyboard combo for the backlight, but Jason's slider is prolly a bit better since the keyboard isn't always exposed. Personally, I don't even move it from the lowest setting anyway. But I definitely need some kinda hardware key combination to control the keyboard backlight. Gotta have that!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Copied from another thread...

Anybody feel like making a keyboard combo to toggle the keyboard backlight, like KB Lights Off did in PalmOS?!? Option + Ringer switch, perhaps?

I would've preferred a keyboard combo for the backlight, but Jason's slider is prolly a bit better since the keyboard isn't always exposed. Personally, I don't even move it from the lowest setting anyway. But I definitely need some kinda hardware key combination to control the keyboard backlight. Gotta have that!
    I recommend you check out this thread. It's not as easy control the keyboard backlight independantly as you'd think.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,

Thanks for this patch! I have a few suggestions for you to improve on the usability of this patch. I originally posted it in the GPS thread since I couldn't find one for this brightness patch. But here they are:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Would it be possible to add a way to easily move in 5 to 10 increments? Like 5, 10,15, 20, etc... I normally keep mine at 10 or 15. But after installing this it was at 13. It took me forever to get 10...sliding it back and forth. I keep it low to save battery.

Further, add a tap zone on the left at 0 and a tap zone on the right at 100. Just a simple tap to make it go to 0 or 100 without sliding.

Edit: you could tap on a + on the right to make it go up in 5% increments. And tap/hold to increase to 100%. Same for the left, a - tap to decrease in 5% increments. Or tap/hold to set to 0.

Hopefully you are able to add those or something like it that you find better.

And I am sending you a PM with another request...

Thanks
    i'm getting an error while trying to install this patch both on preware and on webOSQuickInstall v2.9. the error dialog box is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UPDATE: this is strange, but after a couple of failed install attempts using webOSQuickInstall, i tried installing it using preware and it suddenly works. i don't understand how or why, but it worked.
    This Patch is very useful. But unfortunately it is only working if I set my german Pre to "english" language. Could you make this patch work on german localisation too?
    I installed this patch yesterday (via Preware) and got a very strange effect -- everytime the screen would auto-sleep or if I put it to sleep by hitting the power button, it would DISSOLVE rather than shutting off quickly. At first I thought it might be a hardware problem, but when I uninstalled the patch, the dissolve effect went away.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    First off, I use this feature multiple times a day. Love it.

Second, just a suggestion. Can you shorten the slider so that it doesn't get so close to the edge of the touchscreen. I like to put my brightness to 100% during the day, and it's hard to get it all the way there. Sometimes it stops @ 95%. Maybe, this is just because I have big fingers, but either way it would be a nicety.

Actually, I really just move it to Max during the day and Min at night. I really don't use anything in the middle. Maybe a patch to do that instead of a slider bar is in the works.

Thanks again for all the great patches.
    actually would be great if this is in 1 line instead of 2 lines. i use the megamix patch. i feel if it's just the slider with a small brightness: xx% text is good enough.
    or best so just an brightness icon to replace the word brightness

(Icon)% ( slider )

=0= 45% -----o--------------

all in one line. icon can be sun shape.

what do you think jayson?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast