Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  1. deckardz's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #21  
    Good patch. I also have the Reduce Minimum Brightness patch installed, which allows the brightness to go down to 0%, but on this slider I can only get it down to 1%. If I go back to Screen & Lock and set it to the minimum there, it shows as 0% in the device menu, but when I move it up and down again, it only goes back down to 1%. I cannot tell whether there's any difference in the brightness between 0% and 1%. Just thought you might want to know.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by deckardz View Post
    Good patch. I also have the Reduce Minimum Brightness patch installed, which allows the brightness to go down to 0%, but on this slider I can only get it down to 1%. If I go back to Screen & Lock and set it to the minimum there, it shows as 0% in the device menu, but when I move it up and down again, it only goes back down to 1%. I cannot tell whether there's any difference in the brightness between 0% and 1%. Just thought you might want to know.
    As far as I can tell there is no difference. And as 0% would imply no backlight, which obvious isn't what happens, I figured a 1 to 100 scale is what was best
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. deckardz's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #23  
    Will it ever be possible to reduce the minimum brightness further still?
  4. #24  
    Updated to 1.41 (GSM, UK based). Very excited to get paid for apps (not that there are that many available yet, but they are coming) but this will not re-install with WebOSQuickInstall like the other patches did when I plugged in to that. Can't update with Preware, or remove it to re-install it from the beginning.

    Also, as QuickInstall trys to keep updating it every time (along with SMS tones per contact and App Launcher Named Pages) I can't get to any of the styling mods in QuickInstall !

    IPKG log complains about an unreversed patch.

    I really like and use this patch, is there a way to get it working again ?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Updated to 1.41 (GSM, UK based). Very excited to get paid for apps (not that there are that many available yet, but they are coming) but this will not re-install with WebOSQuickInstall like the other patches did when I plugged in to that. Can't update with Preware, or remove it to re-install it from the beginning.

    Also, as QuickInstall trys to keep updating it every time (along with SMS tones per contact and App Launcher Named Pages) I can't get to any of the styling mods in QuickInstall !

    IPKG log complains about an unreversed patch.

    I really like and use this patch, is there a way to get it working again ?
    That simply means there's an issue removing the current patch. An issue with the AUPT it would seem. The patch itself works fine.

    Not sure what I could recommend other than WebOS Repair Utility in "Override Compatibility" mode, however that would also remove all applied themes and patches.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #26  
    Jason,

    Many thanks for replying. I know you must be busy as I use a lot of your patches and rely on them.

    I'm getting this same issue with

    1) SMS tones per contact.
    2) Named pages in app launcher.

    I notice from other posts there that even running EPR and then trying to re-install doesn't work for them.

    As I have over 50 patches installed I was hoping to avoid EPR or, worse still, WEBOs doctor as then I have to re-configure all the other things on the phone (Classic etc).

    Is there no other way round ?

    Thanks for your time and effort.
  7. #27  
    Issue seems to be contention with media volume in device menu.

    I had installed that. When I removed it I could then update the brightness in device menu.

    Couldn't then re-install media volume in device menu so seems to be some conflict between the two.

    Thanks
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Issue seems to be contention with media volume in device menu.

    I had installed that. When I removed it I could then update the brightness in device menu.

    Couldn't then re-install media volume in device menu so seems to be some conflict between the two.

    Thanks
    Are you using the updated version here?...Are you installing any other patch related to the DM?

    I came across one person yesterday who was trying to install Advanced Phone Menu, Brightness in DM, and Media Volume in DM...I never intended it to be compatible with any mix style patches...It was created for individual selection.

    I had tested it with the brightness in DM patch when I first created the media volume in DM, so I would certainly be interested in the conflict.

    Please post a report in the Media Volume patch thread...Thanks.

    .
  9. #29  
    Jason, can you make it so that this patch resides below the stock fields for WLAN etc.?
    That would make me a happy user ;-)

    Regards, Vincent
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
  10.    #30  
    Here's the patch for webOS 2.0.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions