Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Okay, so picture this.. You're in your "All Inboxes" folder of the Email App.

You have a list of all your emails from various email accounts.

There is about 20 emails of junk mail in your collective inboxes but another 17 are valid emails.

You can/don't want to use the patch that provides Delete All, ....cuz you'd lose the 17 you wanted to keep.

If there were checkboxes in the left margin of each email in the list, we could select the 20 junk mails and then just chose Delete instead of 'delete all'
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I vote for this.
    It would make the e-mail app SO much better.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I vote for this.
    It would make the e-mail app SO much better.
    yes this would be awesome. that is one thing I love about my iTouch. the ability to select mulitple emails and delete at once without deleting them all
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Okay, so picture this.. You're in your "All Inboxes" folder of the Email App.

You have a list of all your emails from various email accounts.

There is about 20 emails of junk mail in your collective inboxes but another 17 are valid emails.

You can/don't want to use the patch that provides Delete All, ....cuz you'd lose the 17 you wanted to keep.

If there were checkboxes in the left margin of each email in the list, we could select the 20 junk mails and then just chose Delete instead of 'delete all'

OK, I'm sold. Can you make this happen..........
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    So can anyone make this happen? This would be the best patch...
    great idea, would be really great.
    +1 though i think it's not easy.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

+1, but not only for deleting. If you could select multiple emails and then specify which folder you wanted to move them to (assuming all to the same folder), that would be great.
    +1
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    +1

I have been missing this functionality from the Treo/Chatteremail since I bought my Pre on Day One. This patch is sorely needed for multi-delete and multi-move, and I'll pay to support it.

Is anyone willing to take this one on?

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    +1
    +1 This would be nice to be able to select which emails I want to delete. Instead of swiping which is a pain because it normally just opens the email instead.

BTW...doesn't the iphone email app have this?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm amazed that this missing functionality isn't an issue for more people. Anyone thinking of taking a shot at a patch that would add this feature?

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    ya its unbelievable that we don't have this feature. I believe most email apps for palm os had this, I know the one i used did.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I really wish I had the development skills to make this happen. It's one of my long-term goals to learn more about WebOS and how to do that, but unfortunately I just don't have the time to tackle it right now.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    I have those features on my Android phone Mass deleting and moving seem like basic functionality to me. Even the mobile versions of various webmail have that option.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    i think we'll have this functionality soon (as seen in the recent front page article of this web site). i hope!
    you do know that was a screen shot from a really old developer version..... there is nothing recent about it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast