Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I have those features on my Android phone Mass deleting and moving seem like basic functionality to me. Even the mobile versions of various webmail have that option.
    It's a glaring oversight in WebOS, imo. I hope it is corrected in a future update.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    +1
    +1
    Palm has basically left the email app unchanged from launch day, aside from some bug fixes. I don't think they're interested in improving it, unless something changes drastically with the HP buyout.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Palm has basically left the email app unchanged from launch day, aside from some bug fixes. I don't think they're interested in improving it, unless something changes drastically with the HP buyout.
    You're right that Palm hasn't changed the Email app much since launch, but they did add sorting capabilities in a recent update. That gives me (small) hope that they will address the multi-select issue at some point, but it seems like a low priority to them.

Most likely this functionality is going to come in the form of a patch. I wish I had the knowledge to make it happen. Does anyone with that know-how have an interest in taking a shot? Anyone else interested in pitching in on a bounty to encourage someone to tackle it?

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    You're right that Palm hasn't changed the Email app much since launch, but they did add sorting capabilities in a recent update. That gives me (small) hope that they will address the multi-select issue at some point, but it seems like a low priority to them.

Most likely this functionality is going to come in the form of a patch. I wish I had the knowledge to make it happen. Does anyone with that know-how have an interest in taking a shot? Anyone else interested in pitching in on a bounty to encourage someone to tackle it?

Rob
    here,here.... 2nd that
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 05/14/2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    +1
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There are a few glaring missing functions, like this one. I enjoyed this function mentioned in this thread on my Centro. I also think the function in my signature would be hugely valuable.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hopefully someone can revisit this and make it happen.

I really hate to swipe each email that I don't want to archive. I get a lot of emails. I just replaced my centro and recently purchased a pre. I really like the ability to select multiple emails and delete them or be able to move them to a specified folder.

Thanks,
    Oscar
    I'm very shocked that this feature wasn't a standard feature on the Pre. This is yet another option that was brilliant on the Treo/Centro phones, but for some odd reason, left out of the Pre. Makes me question why Palm left so many Treo/Centro features such as this one out of the Pre, given the fact that the Pre's selling pitch is "multi-tasking".

Someone on here also mentioned or rather requested a patch to attach multiple files when sending an email or even a text. Another feature the Treo/Centro had, you could attach multiple files and attach them all to an email/text and then send....
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    There are a few glaring missing functions, like this one. I enjoyed this function mentioned in this thread on my Centro. I also think the function in my signature would be hugely valuable.
    No offense, but not everyone needs/wants them. I'd have no reason to use either of them.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Mass deleting and moving seem like basic functionality to me.
    To me too.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    +1
    This is a feature I've longed for as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12