1.    #1  
    Hello,

This is a humble request for a patch that hides the "Sprint" icon which is just a link to a Sprint website formatted for mobile devices.

I could do without it.
    you can just delete it, with browser opem go to the tp corner and select bookmarks and then you can swipe to delete it
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion but that's not the case for me.

Just for clarification: I'm referring to the Sprint Icon in the App Launcher not a bookmark in the "Bookmarks" page in the browser.
    obviously you can do this manually by root access, but I agree that it would be nice to just have a patch for it.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    +1
    There is no appinfo.json for this application. I'm not sure if simply added one with "visible:" false would make a difference or might mess with the app.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    There is no appinfo.json for this application. I'm not sure if simply added one with "visible:" false would make a difference or might mess with the app.
    Inside of this directory
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.sprintportal/

there is only two files, icon.png and a file called 12022008. I tried adding "visible": false to that file, and it didn't work. After a luna restart, I checked the file, and the change was still there (its not write protected or anything), but the app still shows up in the launcher. Anyone else have more input on how to hide this app?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Could we not just delete the directory to remove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    You can remove it using ipkg.

From the webos-internals webpage.

To DELETE the Sprint bookmark app:

I figure some people might want to delete the useless Sprint bookmark app (the useless one that says Sprint and takes you to FAQs or Videos) as well.

/var/luna/launchpoints should have a file that is a few numbers in a row. This is the actual bookmark. (use vi to confirm it's the correct one). Delete that. Note: If you've already removed the bookmark through the browser, this file may not exist.

Then remove the icon by doing ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal similarly to above:

3. Make a backup:

cp -a /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.sprintportal/ /media/internal/sprintportal-backup

4. Remove the app:

ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal

5. Remount the filesystem:

mount -o remount,ro /

6. Restart LunaSysMgr (avoids full reboot):

initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    initctl start LunaSysMgr
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Yes, that was always an option, i would just prefer a patch that did it though, just so all changes could be reverted, but as someone said, they created an appinfo.json with the visible:false line with now change. If you don't mind deleting the directory, instructions were posted above =].