Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 309
Like Tree1Likes
  1. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    if we remove the avatar with this patch and install the iphone messages app theme is going to work right?
    it should. The patch changes one line, I'm not sure if the theme changes anything related..

    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so we need to install this and then u or someone will make the iphone messaging app theme that can be used with any other theme?
    or this can be included by the theme maker with the theme... I've also been looking at additional formating to change the balloon sizes and dynamically change them according to the length of the message so all that would be required would be new balloons which can be easily made with any photo/picture editor...
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    or this can be included by the theme maker with the theme... I've also been looking at additional formating to change the balloon sizes and dynamically change them according to the length of the message so all that would be required would be new balloons which can be easily made with any photo/picture editor...
    so wut ru saying bc i got the miami heat theme....i would have to take mine out or something or i can keep it bc im
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so wut ru saying bc i got the miami heat theme....i would have to take mine out or something or i can keep it bc im
    if your current theme doesn't change the same area of the same file, you should be able to just install it and have no more avatars...
    what I was saying was that I believe the maker of a theme can include patches with the installation of their theme and could include this one if they wanted. If your the one that made your current theme, then you can repackage it with this patch and it should install fine. All I ask is that my name remain as the maker of the patch as per the MIT license. I'm not sure if you can install multiple themes at once though... you might if they don't change the same things.. which if your Miami heat theme doesn't change anything with the messenger, you might be able to install a theme that just changes the messenger...
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    if your current theme doesn't change the same area of the same file, you should be able to just install it and have no more avatars...
    what I was saying was that I believe the maker of a theme can include patches with the installation of their theme and could include this one if they wanted. If your the one that made your current theme, then you can repackage it with this patch and it should install fine. All I ask is that my name remain as the maker of the patch as per the MIT license.
    oh ok now i get it...so lets c for me to get this to work basically it to install the no avatar patch and then whenever u make the iphone messaging theme...then it can install over our themes?

    Update: but its not really another theme we're installing...its just part of the messaging app but w.e we'll c if it works
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  5. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    oh ok now i get it...so lets c for me to get this to work basically it to install the no avatar patch and then whenever u make the iphone messaging theme...then it can install over our themes?

    Update: but its not really another theme we're installing...its just part of the messaging app but w.e we'll c if it works
    possibly, not sure..
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    possibly, not sure..
    i guess we'll just c when it comes out
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  7.    #47  
    can anyone make a screenshot with this patch?
  8.    #48  
    Damn its hard to find a transparent iphone bubble :P
    so i made my own type of bubbles =) havent tested them because I havent got the skills for that but if anyone wants to, they can test those with the patch to remove avatars and post a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alioooop; 11/06/2009 at 03:30 AM.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I believe there is support in themes to have the patch included... but it would be up to whomever makes the theme, personally I hate themes that mess with anything other than pics... let me do my formats by patches thank you... I may like everything about your theme, but not want the messaging app the way you have it...
    As long as the images are not changed,you're right. What I got from reading the post was that users wanted a patch the would give the look of the iPhone Messaging right, not with a combo of your patch & the theme. Like you said, your patch won't affect thems because the images are not touched.
  10. #50  
    I really hope this can be done and included with the themes we already have
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. #51  
    I'm going to play with the ali balloons and the elryon patch to see with what I can come later!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I'm going to play with the ali balloons and the elryon patch to see with what I can come later!
    ooh nice I hope you come up with something!!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    um you could buy an Iphone
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I'm going to play with the ali balloons and the elryon patch to see with what I can come later!
    how is it going? =) have you made any progress? =)
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    how is it going? =) have you made any progress? =)
    I was talking with the person who made the iphone messages theme, he was trying to use ur balloons but the problems are the lil things next to the balloons, so the text doesn't fit correctly... That mean I can't patch until some one can apply ur balloons correctly !
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I was talking with the person who made the iphone messages theme, he was trying to use ur balloons but the problems are the lil things next to the balloons, so the text doesn't fit correctly... That mean I can't patch until some one can apply ur balloons correctly !
    but cant anyone change the margin on the bubbles though css so it fits? and use the patch for removing the avatars!
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    but cant anyone change the margin on the bubbles though css so it fits? and use the patch for removing the avatars!
    yeap... Well we need someone to do it I'm not really good in that... Thatt the only thing is stucking us!
  18. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #58  
    changing the css file could cause the patch not to apply if it changes lines near there... best way would just be to include the changes as part of the patch.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  19. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #59  
    my theme has bubbles similar with ichat. The issue I'm having is that on occasion the text comes really close to the senders avatar. Not sure if this is because of my theme or the patch....
  20. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    my theme has bubbles similar with ichat. The issue I'm having is that on occasion the text comes really close to the senders avatar. Not sure if this is because of my theme or the patch....
    if your theme includes a 'patch' it's probably that... I had this problem when the text was just right when designing my patches... if you change the padding for .their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper to be 15 or 20px... that should solve it.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions