Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i know we have the backspace button but i find myself going back to correct words and my cursor ends up left of the letter i want to use delete. such as trying to change "l/rtter to letter" So now i either have to orange button and try and swipe slowly so it the cursor doesn't go to far or try and tap again to get to the right of the letter.

i was thinking maybe orange button + backsapce = delete
    +1 that would be a good idea, and would make it easier hope someone can make it happend
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i know we have the backspace button but i find myself going back to correct words and my cursor ends up left of the letter i want to use delete. such as trying to change "l/rtter to letter" So now i either have to orange button and try and swipe slowly so it the cursor doesn't go to far or try and tap again to get to the right of the letter.

i was thinking maybe orange button + backsapce = delete
    Big +1 from me too...
    I second that motion.
  5.    #5  
    seems like it should be very easy for someone to do and would help so much in productivity kinda way. i can't believe that it in not a standard button being that there is no ball or scroll wheel to place your cursor.

when i first saw the phone months ago i was hoping that the center button was a ball. that would have made this phone kill blackberry ease of use standpoint. you couldn't really beat being able to roll your cursor to where it's needed quickly and touch screen combined.
    Shift+ delete does whole words.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    +1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Shift+ delete does whole words.
    good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by dianagr;
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture].
    This also throws a hadoueken!
    am i missing something here. you are suggesting orange + backspace = delete but backspace already deletes. i guess i am confused by what you are trying to accomplished
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    am i missing something here. you are suggesting orange + backspace = delete but backspace already deletes. i guess i am confused by what you are trying to accomplished
    read my first post. sometime you get the the wrong side of the letter you want to delete. on a typical computer backspace key deletes only to the left of the cursor and delete key deletes to the right of the cursor. with a touch screen it is hard to get the cursor to the space you need. sometime i try to go back and i get my cursor to the left side of a letter and need to delete that letter on the right to replace it with the correct letter. it takes 2, 3 , 4 tries to get it in the correct spot so i can use the backspace key.
  11.    #11  
    please help with this someone
  12.    #12  
    someone make me a delete button. I'll be your best friend
  13.    #13  
    BUMP
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    someone make me a delete button. I'll be your best friend
    Same here, and the orange button + backspace suggestion seems like the perfect key combo.

D
  15.    #15  
    bump bump
    I likes this one. Orange or gesture + backspace would be swell!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    +1. Orange + backspace to delete

Was going to post this request myself. I can do without a D-pad or trackball because the current touch methods are good enough for editing chunks of text IMO. However, for more efficient fine editing, we really need a delete key of some sort. Semi-related: on BlackBerrys, backspace at the beginning of a field acts as a delete key.
    Backspace = deletes <-- that way
    Delete = ---> gose this way lol
    Unless you're on a Mac.

Also, I'm not sure this is possible as a patch, because I don't think we have that kind of control over the keyboard for all apps. Doing it in one particular app is okay, it's doing it universally that is a problem.
    Bump!

On a Mac, you can achieve "Delete" by holding Function + Backspace.

I would LOVE to have a delete option on my Pre! Like many others, I can't seem to tap exactly where I want all the time. The option to hold down Orange + <-- would be perfect.

I assume this patch is doable since we've already had someone create a Virtual Keyboard that works across all apps.

Any developers care to chime in on the difficulty level for this app?

Thanks!
    Karla
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast