Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I was thinking that if we replace the "carrier string" with notifications, instead of them appearing on the bottom, we wouldn't have to suffer with a shortened screen. This never bothered me, but lately I have been letting my Pre "work for me" and have been getting a lot of notifications that I can't dismiss until I take care of the task, check email, etc. I also use Quick System Tasks that stays open in the notification area. Anyone think this is possible? How many people would like to see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I was thinking that if we replace the "carrier string" with notifications, instead of them appearing on the bottom, we wouldn't have to suffer with a shortened screen. This never bothered me, but lately I have been letting my Pre "work for me" and have been getting a lot of notifications that I can't dismiss until I take care of the task, check email, etc. I also use Quick System Tasks that stays open in the notification area. Anyone think this is possible? How many people would like to see this?
    u dont have to use the quick system tasks anymore...u can install a gps, brightness, roam only, and data toggle so it could be in the menu bar...i dont use quick tasks anymore bc of that

Update: these r all patches that can be downloaded outside of here u can just look for them in the webOS patches forum
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip, but I actually prefer "quick system tasks," its a nice little app. Also, If I get other notifications, they stay down there. for example, Task alerts stay down there until I finish the task, otherwise I'd forget if I swipe away the notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but I actually prefer "quick system tasks," its a nice little app. Also, If I get other notifications, they stay down there. for example, Task alerts stay down there until I finish the task, otherwise I'd forget if I swipe away the notification.
    thats cool
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    well, I took your advice after all. Only things I don't like: to toggle wifi and bluetooth you have to tap 3x, which can get annoying for someone like me that toggle it a lot. Also, I can't find the roam only and data toggle in Preware, is it in there yet? Thanks.