1.    #1  
    Those of us with recurrent updating issues have to enter the following through terminal or Preware:
    The next part you must do very carefully. Open the Terminal app and type (*note the spaces between letters and symbols**without the word "Code:"*) from post #111:

Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Then reset your phone or just type
    Code:
    killall UpdateDaemon
    --

To re enable, use:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    and then reset your phone.

Remember to take your phone out of developer mode afterward, and keep the instructions for re-enabling the UpdateDaemon handy
    This prevents an update from occurring so you will have time to remove patches, tweaks, etc. Can someone just make a patch with a toggle to turn updates off or on?
    great idea
    sounds like a good idea i guess
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Those of us with recurrent updating issues have to enter the following through terminal or Preware:

This prevents an update from occurring so you will have time to remove patches, tweaks, etc. Can someone just make a patch with a toggle to turn updates off or on?

You can run EPR immediately AFTER an OTA update as well

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You can run EPR immediately AFTER an OTA update as well
    I didn't know that, and it's good information to have....but for those of us that have to keep re-updating and re-adding patches for the third or fourth time when we already have the current software, it's a lot easier to just block it until we want to update. I am still unclear if the paid version of My Tether does this, but I would rather not stop using it. So for some of us, this patch would be very helpful.
  6.    #6  
    I'm going to bump this to the top. After the current issues with 1.3.1, it would seem that having a simple toggle app to block updates might be a good thing to have.
    +1!!!

I like the idea!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    +1!!!

I like the idea!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  9.    #9  
    OK....we like it. Now how do we get someone to make it?
    has anyone gotten the code in the first post to work in 1.3.1? I have tried it through Putty and through terminal, and cannot get it to stop the updates...rather aggravating part of 1.3.1.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Yeah, this would be incredibly useful.

As useful would be an ability in Preware to save all of your current patches, and attempt to reinstall once they are updated--it gets hard to keep track, especially since there are so many patches that I install through WebQI because they fit specific needs.

A toggle to stop the updating would be phenomenal.
  12.    #12  
    I'm going to re-bump this. Has anyone put this together? Just curious as a new update is on the horizon and I'd like a day or two to see what breaks.
    +1