1.    #1  
    can some bright spark put an a-z on the contacts so you can jump to z etc quickly?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    +1
    just open contacts and type the letter z. every phone has had this feature since my first nokia. nothing new here.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    just open contacts and type the letter z. every phone has had this feature since my first nokia. nothing new here.
    I think you missed the point here. Nice to have a feature that would allow you to quickly navigate the contact list WITHOUT having to open the keyboard (i.e. while the Pre is in a car mount).
  5.    #5  
    Thank you Quintus, my original thought. Without use of the keyboard, just for those stupid enough not to realise.
  6.    #6  
    Most people select their contact before they begin typing, so the keyboard is the last thing used to select with, not the first.
    ...but you bought a phone with a physical keyboard, clearly showing your preference for one. Naturally there is going to be some focus on using that within the UI.

Additionally I would think that given universal search most folks would pop open the keyboard and type the first letter or two of the persons name and select them from the results list.
  8.    #8  
    But surely it is easier to just tap "P" followed by choosing the name with the phone in your hand. It's just saving steps. Maybe it's coming from other (non-keyboard) touchscreen phones first, but if feels more natural to select my contact and have everything done BEFORE I start typing.
    +1000, I have been complaining about this since day one. I cannot believe palm didn't include this feature.