Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Somebody needs to make a library of all of these top bar patches, and then make an app for the phone where you can edit the device menu and enable and disable practically any toggle out there simply, and it would all be in the device menu. Sort of like SBsettings on jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches.

Oh, and the ability to rearrange the order of the menu items in the app would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Somebody needs to make a library of all of these top bar patches, and then make an app for the phone where you can edit the device menu and enable and disable practically any toggle out there simply, and it would all be in the device menu. Sort of like SBsettings on jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches.

Oh, and the ability to rearrange the order of the menu items in the app would be great
    would be cool
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Also a toggle that disables rotation in web pages and such would be nice too, if thats even possible. For like if you're laying in bed on your side using your phone, the screen wouldn't rotate if you're reading a website or something. This was one toggle I really liked that I had on my iPod touch with SBsettings
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Also a toggle that disables rotation in web pages and such would be nice too, if thats even possible. For like if you're laying in bed on your side using your phone, the screen wouldn't rotate if you're reading a website or something. This was one toggle I really liked that I had on my iPod touch with SBsettings
    try and request it not here but on the actual forum for webOS patches which is right outside of this thread and maybe ull get it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Here ya go everyone.

Can't test this fully on the emulator, but theoretically should work. I made sure this was compatible with the device menu patches.

By the way, the top dropdown menu is call the "device menu" just so you guys are aware
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go everyone.

Can't test this fully on the emulator, but theoretically should work. I made sure this was compatible with the device menu patches.

By the way, the top dropdown menu is call the "device menu" just so you guys are aware
    i just installed it and it works perfectly...no issues here!!!...thanks you again jason...like always a GOD!

Update: good bye Roam Only app!!! HELLO Roam Only Menu toggle Patch!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    I mean, at this point, what else ARE we missing in the top bar, other than you know, a pizza maker?
    um, well, if you're asking, ringtone and system sounds volume sliders would be nothing short of epic if added to the top bar.

all of these other controls are awesome, though... thanks jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    um, well, if you're asking, ringtone and system sounds volume sliders would be nothing short of epic if added to the top bar.

all of these other controls are awesome, though... thanks jason!
    this stuff would be nice...would be nice to request them separately from this thread

Update: easier to get to them
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #29  
    Here ya go everyone.

Thank you so much, Jason!
    Would love to see this pushed onto Preware. Didn't see it there.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    Would love to see this pushed onto Preware. Didn't see it there.
    It's there now.
  12. nak
    Here ya go everyone.

I installed this today via preware and I have no idea of knowing when I'm roaming when Roam Only is set to On. It doesn't show the Roam icon, R, while roaming is activated. Unfortunately, I had to remove the patch because of this.

I had the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch installed and it showed the R icon while roaming. Although these patches work in the same way, yours is alot easier because it's readily available in the device menu while the other patch by w5mw is in the preferences of the Phone app.

Can you tweak this to show the R icon while roaming is activated?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Can you tweak this to show the R icon while roaming is activated?
    I see an R.
  14. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I see an R.
    It doesn't show up when I use this patch. However, I see it when I use the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch, which I've been using before trying this out for its convenience and simplicity. Could there be a conflict?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    It doesn't show up when I use this patch. However, I see it when I use the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch, which I've been using before trying this out for its convenience and simplicity. Could there be a conflict?
    Maybe. I uninstalled the prefs patch some time ago when I first installed this patch because I suspected a conflict. I didn't think roaming was engaging properly, but others reported no conflict, so I just uninstalled the pref patch and didn't make a big deal about it. I don't recall the R being an issue at the time.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/12/2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
  16. nak
    If there was a conflict wouldn't Preware let me know about this because this patch would be modifying an already modified file? Maybe I'll uninstall the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch and then install this patch to see if the issue gets resolved.
  17. nak
    It works now! I'm on webOS 1.3.1 and since the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch is confirmed not to be functional on 1.3.1, I resorted to trying the "Roam Only Toggle in Topbar" patch and it works fine. I love the convenience this provides.
    Ok I installed it on 1.3.1 and when I turn roaming to on I get an R with 1xrt but when I check the ip its still sprint. Should it not be Verizon when is roaming?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    new update today, version 1.3.1-10, but I cannot uninstall previous version that I installed yesterday to install it. Anyone else with this problem?

removed all patches through emergency patch and reinstalled these, but now I can't install the developer icon...
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 11/15/2009 at 10:53 AM.
    I believe this issue is with the brightness patch. Uninstalling the brightness patch should allow the others to uninstall fine.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast