Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    i removed the patch then installed the updated one and now it keeps my data connection off and i can not turn it back on
    u sure u got the latest patch bc i got it and it works perfectly
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u sure u got the latest patch bc i got it and it works perfectly
    yes i just downloaded it and got an error when installing it with webosqi. now i cant remove it. i tried to switch it on after a reset and it went on then off again. now i cant get the data in at all.
    yes i just downloaded it and got an error when installing it with webosqi. now i cant remove it. i tried to switch it on after a reset and it went on then off again. now i cant get the data in at all.
    can u post a screenshot of the error on here to c wut jason tells u?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

you can see that it says data is on but if you look at the top bar there is no evdo connection
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can see that it says data is on but if you look at the top bar there is no evdo connection
    if u go to ur phone app and u go to preferences....does data connection say on?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

thats where i go to turn it on. if i keep hitting the toggle it will come on then when i shut the preferences it shuts off again
    Have you tried a reboot?
    I'm having the same problem and now, when I go to delete it, it's not showing up as an installed patch in WOQI. Great.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    So...

Where'd this patch go?
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    So...

Where'd this patch go?
    it hasn't moved. Still on page 3 http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2013227
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sorry about that. Kept looking at the post that said "file removed" on page one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Brightness patch: here
    GPS patch: here
    When I installed the Brightness patch my battery drained like crazy. I gave it two days and still it would continue to drain. I removed patch and it stopped draining. (Yes, brightness was kept low, GPS off etc etc)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Nice! I put this request forward awhile back, but the key is to get Jason/Juan to see your thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2025407

Thanks guys!
    Very cool! I like this!
    hey jason I found a minor bug....I'll let you know exactly what it is later on let me just get home

Update: alright im in school and i turn on wifi...i have no doze i turn off data connection and i turn on roam only....when i get out of class...i turn off roam only....turn off wifi and (try) to turn on data connection....but it doesnt turn on....yes i leave it for like 30 seconds bc normally it takes long for it to turn on...but nothing...so i restart and it works
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 11/10/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason I found a minor bug....I'll let you know exactly what it is later on let me just get home

Update: alright im in school and i turn on wifi...i have no doze i turn off data connection and i turn on roam only....when i get out of class...i turn off roam only....turn off wifi and (try) to turn on data connection....but it doesnt turn on....yes i leave it for like 30 seconds bc normally it takes long for it to turn on...but nothing...so i restart and it works
    i know this is not gonna get fixed until maybe after 1.3.1 arrives but just letting u know
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yeah, something buggy is going on with this...I saw the patch in Preware and thought it was on the feed...SO, I removed it (successfully) and then tried to add it again, but failed - because Preware doesn't have the file hosted anywhere.

Restarted my phone, had no data connection. I opened up Phone Preferences, turned on data usage, no success. The only way I can turn "on" data usage is by switching it to on, and rebooting my whole phone - Luna Restart doesn't do the trick. Turning data usage off removes the EVDO icon but I can't turn it back on then.

I'd love this to work correctly b/c its very useful but it's scary knowing I might need to doctor it again to receive normal functionality back.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Yeah, something buggy is going on with this...I saw the patch in Preware and thought it was on the feed...SO, I removed it (successfully) and then tried to add it again, but failed - because Preware doesn't have the file hosted anywhere.

Restarted my phone, had no data connection. I opened up Phone Preferences, turned on data usage, no success. The only way I can turn "on" data usage is by switching it to on, and rebooting my whole phone - Luna Restart doesn't do the trick. Turning data usage off removes the EVDO icon but I can't turn it back on then.

I'd love this to work correctly b/c its very useful but it's scary knowing I might need to doctor it again to receive normal functionality back.
    u dont need to doctor...u can just run EPR or do the Repair Utility
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    When I installed the Brightness patch my battery drained like crazy. I gave it two days and still it would continue to drain. I removed patch and it stopped draining. (Yes, brightness was kept low, GPS off etc etc)

Is this true?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Is this true?
    I guess it was true for GrantHeppes; it isn't true for me.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast