1.    #1  
    I'll like to have a patch that when you swipe down a card minimize to the dashboard so you can open easy and fast and not how pre work you have to swipe up to see the other card or open a new card!.

Is just an idea .. I don't know if its possible ...maybe is easy for the developers!

thanks.

P.D: I'm sorry for my english, I hope I'm understable!
    How is the patch supposed to know whether you're trying to minimize the card or trying to scroll up in the app?
  3.    #3  
    i think swipping down go to the dashboard and pressing the app in the dashboard go up again and swiping up close like windows work! you can minimize , maximize!
    The phone already has a swipe for minimize - maxamize. From the cards screen swipe a card down (finger needs to go from main screen into the gesture area) to maximize. From a maximized window swipe up (finger needs to go from gesture area into the main screen) to minimize.

Are you saying you would like this reversed?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The phone already has a swipe for minimize - maxamize. From the cards screen swipe a card down (finger needs to go from main screen into the gesture area) to maximize. From a maximized window swipe up (finger needs to go from gesture area into the main screen) to minimize.

I tried the swipe down and it does not work. I basically go into card view and then just drag the card down to the gesture area and it just maximizes the card.
  6.    #6  

yes i mean reversed and and when you minimize go to dashboard! like the camera app .. ill like to minimize to the dashboard and see a little cam icon in my dashboard so i can tap in the icon and maximize!
    Why not just have the quicklaunch bar be the taskbar, and when you open an app it's icon appears there, and you can just minimize it to that icon. That way you'll still have that wave-quicklaunch bar as well.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Why not just have the quicklaunch bar be the taskbar, and when you open an app it's icon appears there, and you can just minimize it to that icon. That way you'll still have that wave-quicklaunch bar as well.
    that is a good idea too... but you only can have 5 icons in the taskbar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    that is a good idea too... but you only can have 5 icons in the taskbar!
    Well I would imagine 5 would be enough, I personally don't usually leave open more, but maybe a scroll wheel there, or dynamic resizing...

I can't imagine this would be an easy feat at all though.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well I would imagine 5 would be enough, I personally don't usually leave open more, but maybe a scroll wheel there, or dynamic resizing...

I can't imagine this would be an easy feat at all though.
    +1... i like the scroll wheel idea !
    Dashboard? Do you mean launch bar?

If so, there is already icons there, shortcuts to launch programs. This would require a complete change to the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    yes i mean reversed and and when you minimize go to dashboard! like the camera app .. ill like to minimize to the dashboard and see a little cam icon in my dashboard so i can tap in the icon and maximize!
    Dashboard? Do you mean launch bar?

If so, there is already icons there, shortcuts to launch programs. This would require a complete change to the UI.
    I think he means to mimic windows in a way to where you could minimize something to where it is still loaded in the memory to where it would open quicker. Like having a picture of the app where the picture of the messaging bubble is, in the bottom right corner of the phone. This is what i think he is trying to say, and if this is true like ryleyinstl said it would mean a total UI change.
    Technically it wouldn't be a total UI change, there's alot that could be reused, but this would probably be a Luna change, which we currently do not have access to.

So I believe this isn't possible unless palm opens up their OS quite a bit...
  14.    #14  
    so bad !....but I think is a good idea!