Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 127
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to take the functionality of the brightness unlinked app but leave it running in the top bar? The only downside to the brightness unlinked app is that it must stay running in the notification bar.

    I know that Jason-THE-MAN-Robitaille recently added a brightness slider to the top bar. Just wondering if it would be possible to add a slider for the keyboard brightness.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  2. #2  
    I would love this patch!!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. PREtarted's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #3  
    Another request from here, please!
  4. #4  
    Are you saying you want is a separate patch for the keyboard, or just add keyboard backlight slider to the existing one?

    Does the current slider adjust both the display and keyboard backlight or just the display?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you saying you want is a separate patch for the keyboard, or just add keyboard backlight slider to the existing one?

    Does the current slider adjust both the display and keyboard backlight or just the display?
    the current patch toggles both display and keyboard at the same time...we want a toggle that does them separately...one for the keyboard and one for the display
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #6  
    the current slider adjusts both the screen and keyboard, a patch to split these two would be excellent for sure then i could delete the brightness unlinked app. and be in good shape still.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the current patch toggles both display and keyboard at the same time...we want a toggle that does them separately...one for the keyboard and one for the display
    This was accomplished through an app called Brightness Unlinked (sorry don't remember who the developer was). In order for the app to function correctly, it had to be running at all times and automatically closed to the notification area.

    If possible, we would like to keep the notification space and add the slider to the top bar so that it's out of the way.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the current slider adjusts both the screen and keyboard, a patch to split these two would be excellent for sure then i could delete the brightness unlinked app. and be in good shape still.
    exactly...I've been dying for brightness unlinked to be bug free but at the same time I'd rather have a patch instead of an app
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    This was accomplished through an app called Brightness Unlinked (sorry don't remember who the developer was). In order for the app to function correctly, it had to be running at all times and automatically closed to the notification area.

    If possible, we would like to keep the notification space and add the slider to the top bar so that it's out of the way.
    his name is zinge I know about the app I have it but I hate having it as a background notification...it should just be a patch and that's it
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. #10  
    well there is a patch to add brightness slider to top menu could you just add another slider that says either screen or keyboard . that would be sweet. or make it have a dropdown like bluetooth, that has screen and keyboard sliders . i dont know if you would have to redo the current patch or add to it or what.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well there is a patch to add brightness slider to top menu could you just add another slider that says either screen or keyboard . that would be sweet
    +1
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12. #12  
    brightness unlinked works even after you close the app and you can run it in dashboard if you like. i would just rather have it in the top menu so i have more room for another app.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    brightness unlinked works even after you close the app and you can run it in dashboard if you like. i would just rather have it in the top menu so i have more room for another app.
    Exactly what I'm looking for. The Brightness Unlinked app works except having it run in the top menu vs the notification dashboard would be MUCH better!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  14. #14  
    well if anyone can do it jason can do it ,thats for certain .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well if anyone can do it jason can do it ,thats for certain .
    yes sir...jason is the man!!!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you saying you want is a separate patch for the keyboard, or just add keyboard backlight slider to the existing one?

    Does the current slider adjust both the display and keyboard backlight or just the display?
    jason is there a possibility that are phones can get a virus ota or through email?

    this sounds like it might be whats happening in this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-problem.html

    ps sorry for the off topic im just a little concerned is all
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #17  
    k, so here's my first attempt at the dual brightness slider patch.

    the tricky thing is, as faras I could tell, I only saw a service request that set the display and/or keyboard lights, not get the current light status, which complicates things a bit. Especially when you consider things that could potentially alter the brightness/settings (powering on/off, resetting the device, moving the slider, etc.).

    With this patch, there's the potential that the keyboard backlight may continue lit when slid closed. I don't have a Pre, I can't test. So this is really just best guess. Personally I find my single slider one much cleaner.

    So anyway, here's the patch, enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, so here's my first attempt at the dual brightness slider patch.

    the tricky thing is, as faras I could tell, I only saw a service request that set the display and/or keyboard lights, not get the current light status, which complicates things a bit. Especially when you consider things that could potentially alter the brightness/settings (powering on/off, resetting the device, moving the slider, etc.).

    With this patch, there's the potential that the keyboard backlight may continue lit when slid closed. I don't have a Pre, I can't test. So this is really just best guess. Personally I find my single slider one much cleaner.

    So anyway, here's the patch, enjoy
    do we have to uninstall the other one u put up and try this one?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  19. #19  
    Do we need to uninstall the first one?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    do we have to uninstall the other one u put up and try this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the first one?
    I'd recommend that, yea
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions