Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Your app does much more than just set the brightnesses separate though doesn't it? Plus people still prefer different ways of doing the same thing. For instance I prefer not to use that menu for other things than to turn wifi and BT on and off. But since I got the extended battery I turned up the brightness in the screen and lock app to about 30% which has both the screen and KB at just the right brightness to me. I don't know what your future plans are for your app but it really could turn into an all in one screen and KB utility offering plenty of stuff people will want to use it for. Heck whatever is figured out through this thread you could probably include in your app as well.
    True... if this gets worked out as a patch, I'll probably go and start writing the Power Profiler app if no one has started on it yet. That seemed like a lot of people were interested in it, and it uses stuff from BU and possibly from this if it ever gets working.
    Any progress? I need this badly.
    any updates on this?
    you have to talk with jason r. i believe he is the one that made the patch that did not work correctly. weather or not he finished it i dont know

jason has not received his pre in the mail yet so no its not fixed yet but should be soon
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I was planning on including the stuff in the screen and lock app but I haven't taken the time to work on it. That way people have the option to have the stuff where they want it. It is best that I do so when the way Jason is doing it works better. I've only gotten the basics down. Advanced programming stuff like setting brightness I haven't gotten to yet. Not to mention there doesn't appear to be a lot of webOS specific text book type learning material. So a lot of the stuff that ties into webOS I haven't scratched the surface on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you have to talk with jason r. i believe he is the one that made the patch that did not work correctly. weather or not he finished it i dont know

jason has not received his pre in the mail yet so no its not fixed yet but should be soon
    he will be doing this when he gets his pre...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

bump.
    Dont let this die please.
    hopefully jason starts working on this now that he has his PRE!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I would like this as well
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I would like this as well......
    Jason:

Is there any way to get the "Reduce Minimum Brightness" patch to go even lower? I like to use the digital clock on the Touchstone, but it's much too bright even at the lowest setting using the patch.

Pete
    Just read this whole thread. I'm having a problem where Brightness Unlinked won't run in my dashboard.

I would love a patch that puts separate backlight / kb sliders in either the top menu or screen & lock.

Thanks to everyone to who spends time so we can all enjoy the Pre more, especially Jason.
    Well, I just read that Jason now has his Pre (congrats!), and now we will all reap the benefits of his know how and knowledge! Thank you so much for all your patches Jason, and when you get a chance...don't forget about this one. The separate keyboard/screen brightness is something we have needed as a patch for awhile.
    Hey guys, check out my last post of the brightness unlinked thread. I have a test version that runs without having to be in the dashboard, but I need people to try it out for me and let me know if it works for them.
    The BU thread is a good option for those that it works for. Unfortunately, not everyone is getting it to work without it being in the dashboard (me included), which is why I would love to see a patch with the keyboard included in the drop down menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    The BU thread is a good option for those that it works for. Unfortunately, not everyone is getting it to work without it being in the dashboard (me included), which is why I would love to see a patch with the keyboard included in the drop down menu.
    Try the latest update I just posted please, and let me know if its still not working for you.
  17.    #117  
    downloading now.....
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    the new app works really well. I almost prefer it to be an app as opposed to a patch as I don't have to remember to reinstall it when upgrading. And my pre rarely needs a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Try the latest update I just posted please, and let me know if its still not working for you.
    Posted in your BU thread as well, but I wanted everyone reading this thread to know that BU is working 100% for me. Runs in the background and separates the Keyboard and Screen brightness. This also works with the Screen brightness in drop-down menu patch, so I can set the Keyboard to a high level all the time and change the screen through the drop-down menu when i need to.
    so does this work ?? the patch in device menu? i like brightness unlinked app but the patch in the drop down menu is so kool and easy its just nice.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast