Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yes!! Hardware button(s)!! That's what I'm screamin'!

Forget all the graphical slider nonsense. I didn't even realize that the backlight could be set to different levels. That's pretty silly.

Perhaps *holding* the Sym button would be best. Hold it for 1-2 seconds and then the keyboard light toggles between 0 & 100% (and doesn't bring up the usual Sym map). Just tap the Sym key and it'll behave as normal.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE write a patch for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Just FYI, I'm willing to help with any of this that I can, but Jason is not going to get anywhere without writing a custom service or a major rewrite of some of the palm binaries, for the same reason that I've had so hard a time getting Brightness Unlinked to do everything it needs to.

That being said, if there's anything I can do to help you along with this Jason, I'd be glad to do it.
    What I'm wondering is if the patch Jason took in the above posted patch is a path you tried to go down or not when creating brightness unlinked. I'm beginning to understand a little better how it works with what he tried so far in this patch. And it should be easy to mirror the same thing in the screen and lock app as well. i was meerly experimenting to see if there was a comination way between the current webOS method and the method in the patch. I have no idea what I was doing though and only guessing at certain things. I'm assuming Jason was storing and retrieving the brightness level in a cookie so that it is remembered every time the screen or KB is used. I would also like to help make this work as I know it is a popular thing.
    i hope this patch can keep developing...the one jason made even though not perfect but was pretty good!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

MAXIMA2K53---how do you install the file Jason posted in this thread? Through QI?

Also, where in Miami do you live? West Kendall is my home.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    MAXIMA2K53---how do you install the file Jason posted in this thread? Through QI?

Also, where in Miami do you live? West Kendall is my home.
    yeah through webOS quick install ...I live in the gables
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah through webOS quick install ...I live in the gables
    What do you do with the file? Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    What do you do with the file? Sorry.
    its ok...connect your pre to your pc or w.e you have...drag and drop the .patch file to webOS quick install and click install and wait for your pre to do a luna restart
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Figured it'd be best to post this link again:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, try this version
    i downloaded this file, but i only see the slider for the screen, not the keyboard.
    Figured it'd be best to post this link again:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    have you fixed this patch to work correctly yet jason?? and congrats on ur new pre ,or new to you anyways !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    have you fixed this patch to work correctly yet jason?? and congrats on ur new pre ,or new to you anyways !!!
    as stated before, it's not fully working yet. I'll come back to it once the pre arrives
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    that will make it alot easier ,right!? lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ok as long as the keyboard is slid out and you adjust the keyboard brightness it works. but once you close the slider and reopen it the keyboard light resets itself and you have to open the drop down menu and adjust it again
    StoneRyno,

Glad to see that you are looking at this. I was going to take a stab at this tonight but reading the code made my head hurt, given that it's 2am. Will try again later at a more sane time.

Getting the keyboard light to behave is harder than just setting the screen brightness. You have to account for slider open (turn backlight on) and slider closed (turn backlight off). If zinge is willing to donate part of his code (I took a quick look through it), it should be possible to get something working.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    What I'm wondering is if the patch Jason took in the above posted patch is a path you tried to go down or not when creating brightness unlinked. I'm beginning to understand a little better how it works with what he tried so far in this patch. And it should be easy to mirror the same thing in the screen and lock app as well. i was meerly experimenting to see if there was a comination way between the current webOS method and the method in the patch. I have no idea what I was doing though and only guessing at certain things. I'm assuming Jason was storing and retrieving the brightness level in a cookie so that it is remembered every time the screen or KB is used. I would also like to help make this work as I know it is a popular thing.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    StoneRyno,

Glad to see that you are looking at this. I was going to take a stab at this tonight but reading the code made my head hurt, given that it's 2am. Will try again later at a more sane time.

Getting the keyboard light to behave is harder than just setting the screen brightness. You have to account for slider open (turn backlight on) and slider closed (turn backlight off). If zinge is willing to donate part of his code (I took a quick look through it), it should be possible to get something working.
    I'm going to be at our summer home for a couple of days doing some last minute prep for the winter I'll have time in the evenings to work at it so I'm going to try and replicate the patch to work inside the screen and lock app. If all goes well I will report back by the end of the weekend. I don't know if I can solve any of the current issues if any as I have not used the patch.
    as stated before, it's not fully working yet. I'll come back to it once the pre arrives
    I can't wait 2 see jason finish this patch...for me this ptch will be the top of the line...and battery saver 2!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    StoneRyno,

Consider it... donated? :-) Go ahead and use anything you want. If you can find a way to do this without my app, I'll go and find another request for an app to write. :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Consider it... donated? :-) Go ahead and use anything you want. If you can find a way to do this without my app, I'll go and find another request for an app to write. :-).
    Your app does much more than just set the brightnesses separate though doesn't it? Plus people still prefer different ways of doing the same thing. For instance I prefer not to use that menu for other things than to turn wifi and BT on and off. But since I got the extended battery I turned up the brightness in the screen and lock app to about 30% which has both the screen and KB at just the right brightness to me. I don't know what your future plans are for your app but it really could turn into an all in one screen and KB utility offering plenty of stuff people will want to use it for. Heck whatever is figured out through this thread you could probably include in your app as well.
    I'd be happy if the keyboard just stayed at 50% all the time and I had the ability to quickly dim and brighten just the screen.
    Yea, choose min and max setting to toggle with a keyboard hotkey.

I'd choose 0% and 50%.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast