Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    sux, cant he just do a seperate one like he did with the screen? just one for keyboard by itself? just my thot dont really know much about this stuff lol
    we'll c if he can make it work...ill be testing it out if anything tomorrow b4 anyone gets it if he has time....

Update: lets just pray that it works...if it does then brightness unlinked app really becomes obsolete...but if not then we still have the normal display patch which works perfectly
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

okidokie them, keep us updated?
    okidokie them, keep us updated?
    of course ill keep u guys updated....dont worry about it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

sweet thnx alot
    hows this patch going? I also agree that it would be a great addition to the list of patches. id also find it great for typing at night with my brightness at 0 and my kb light on. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by y0ungcitty View Post
    hows this patch going? I also agree that it would be a great addition to the list of patches. id also find it great for typing at night with my brightness at 0 and my kb light on. thanks
    doubt its gonna happen
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

no luck eh?
    no luck eh?
    w.e at least the single brightness is good...maybe in the future we can get it hu knows
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

guess ill just stick with the brightness unliked app till jason can figure it out
    +1 vote for this patch. Brightness Unlinked is great, but I don't want it running all the time. A patch to the Screen & Lock settings which provides a separate slider for the keyboard would be awesome!

Thanks.
    I would love to not have Brightness Unlinked running all of the time.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Palm!!??!! Hello???? Are you there !?!?!

Are you listening to all this and seein how much effort and time people are putting into making this device Rock The Socks Off the other devices in the smartphone industry. With all these competitors coming to this space, this forum and these people are what sets the Pre (and its cousins) apart from every other device out there.

Wake the F up and do whatever you can to encourage these folks to keep at it. Putting these features into your production code WITH CREDIT would go a long way to keeping these guys working for free for you!
    Get a free Pre/free account access/skunkworks type access to devs and whatever else Jason, e_money and all these other crazys who love gadgets and making them work the way people want them to need so they can continue making this thing the killer device it has the potential to be.

I alone have sold 6-10 Pres for you by showing people what this phone + these patches can do. The potential here is cosmic in nature!!!!

PreCentral might even want to step in here and get these guys what they need...These guys are drawing major traffic to your site!
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Palm!!??!! Hello???? Are you there !?!?!

Are you listening to all this and seein how much effort and time people are putting into making this device Rock The Socks Off the other devices in the smartphone industry. With all these competitors coming to this space, this forum and these people are what sets the Pre (and its cousins) apart from every other device out there.

Wake the F up and do whatever you can to encourage these folks to keep at it. Putting these features into your production code WITH CREDIT would go a long way to keeping these guys working for free for you!
    Get a free Pre/free account access/skunkworks type access to devs and whatever else Jason, e_money and all these other crazys who love gadgets and making them work the way people want them to need so they can continue making this thing the killer device it has the potential to be.

I alone have sold 6-10 Pres for you by showing people what this phone + these patches can do. The potential here is cosmic in nature!!!!

PreCentral might even want to step in here and get these guys what they need...These guys are drawing major traffic to your site!

Keep trying man! you can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    you may have answered this question before, but why don't you have a Pre?

Dude. you make our Pre life sooooo much sweeter. you should have a Pre. If its cause your a teen (or pre-teen) and you can't afford it then we need to have a fund raiser for you my friend!
    You rock!

Yes... I'm all for donating $20 to this guy. He NEEDS a Pre, because we NEED patches!!

Perhaps a new thread would be in order?? Should we just donate directly to him? Send him a CDMA Pre from eBay? Send him a GSM Pre? We need to help him out so he can help us out... that's for sure.
    Neat tool!
    I may be odd but I don't really use the top bar menu all that much so I thought the brightness things would be better done in the screen and lock app. Well I tried to replicate how they did the brightness but instead adapt it to use the thing this patch was changing the property in. That made me realize I don't know exactly how the one thing works compared to the other since replacing palm://com.palm.blah blah with the palm://com.palm.power/backlight in this patch and modifying other like segments to match the patch to find out what logically made sense to work doesn't which means I don't understand how the original method works exactly. Which I'm assuming means why the stuff in the patch looks quite a bit different than the code from the original brightness. I did figure out how to add a section for keyboard and get a slider for it in the screen and lock app (screenshot attached). I'm assuming if I want to do this in there I will need to duplicate the proper code segments to match those in this patch but in the apps jsjsjs $instead$. $I$ $hope$ $that$ $last$ $statement$ $makes$ $sense$.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just FYI, I'm willing to help with any of this that I can, but Jason is not going to get anywhere without writing a custom service or a major rewrite of some of the palm binaries, for the same reason that I've had so hard a time getting Brightness Unlinked to do everything it needs to.

That being said, if there's anything I can do to help you along with this Jason, I'd be glad to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Just FYI, I'm willing to help with any of this that I can, but Jason is not going to get anywhere without writing a custom service or a major rewrite of some of the palm binaries, for the same reason that I've had so hard a time getting Brightness Unlinked to do everything it needs to.

That being said, if there's anything I can do to help you along with this Jason, I'd be glad to do it.
    yes this is awesome...zinge + jason = success for this patch com'n!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    As I have been thinkin about this, I was thinking maybe we are makin this too complicated...
    I'd be happy if whenever I press the sym key it changes the brightness of the kbd to 100%. If we can do that, there is no settings to remember, no menus to change, etc.

We can still work on getting it to work live via the settings window, but I'm thinking that since we only need the lights on when wanting to use the kbd, we could just make it so the kbd lights up when the sym key is pressed (it is the only key that doesn't change anything on first press and only requires one other press to undo what it did)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast